This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all Teyla's fault..

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but my info is kinda vague right now. Like how Jar Jar started the empire, the witless *******; Teyla begant the war with the Genii. In the first episode where SGA decided to investigate the hive ship with the Genii, Underground, Teyla and Tyrus? not sure, investigate a stasis cocoon which Teyla, wanting to free the person. There was no reason to ever do this! I mean common sense please!!! She wanted to free all of them which was the most absurd part! She's a putz, granted she has a big heart, but seriously what a putzs. That whole episode and relationship went badly because of her. She got Tyrus? killed and blamed the whole thing on him! That event cascaded a number of events making the Genii our enemies now, and that made things infinitely harder. She refuses to admit that she acted wrong... on this COVERT operation... because she was trying to free the prisoners and alerted the whole hive ship, and I imagine waking all the wraith up prematurely. There was another episode where she delayed Sheperd into pilotting the PJ before the Wraith attack. I'm sure there's numerous more events where she ended up screwing the team, but I haven't watched any eps in awhile to quote any exactly. They need a better character... like FORD! Ahhh, Teyla.... What a putz.

shooting the guy was the right thing to d because he was dead anyway and teyla should have realized that they could not have helped him but i do not like the part where you call her a putz

Comment

Killing him might've been the right thing to do, but not by shooting him. Hello, sounds? Use a knife ffs.

Comment

It could be argued that there'd be no series if she hadn't made that mistake.

*is good at stating the obvious*

Comment

yea, but that doesn't excuse what she did. she should take the blame and admit that she did the wrong thing. and she should be reprimanded for it or something.
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

The only thing is...if it had been another Atlantis character...would we be chastising and criticising so closely?

Willow - I agree with you!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              The only thing is...if it had been another Atlantis character...would we be chastising and criticising so closely?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

i'd probably start a thread saying "what a doofus!"
                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I think we'd still have a problem with it but we probably wouldn't care as much or have as much fun with it because it wasn't her.
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

It has nothing to do with it being Teyla herself, but the fact she keeps doing it! She's illogical... SGA could have pissed the Genii off is so many other ways... like taking the Wraith data thing for themselves... They could have just made the Genii overly obsessed with the Wraith's destruction. Moving the story line is no excuse for her silly actions. Regardless, it has been done, and Teyla's character is a putz.
                    Last edited by SG Zero; 10 April 2005, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow

Boy I'm glad somebody else sees the big picture.

Originally posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
                      yea, but that doesn't excuse what she did. she should take the blame and admit that she did the wrong thing. and she should be reprimanded for it or something.
                      For a relatively small split second decision, yes.

For the emnity of the Genii? Nope. Clearly these folks are serious badasses, as demonstrated by their reaction to an error made in the field, and reinforced by the subsequent interactions that SGA has had with the Genii. These are not nice folks. In some ways, they are fortunate they discovered that so early.

Ah, the dreaded ad hominem argument raises its head. Now a better way to deal with that would be to point out where somebody wasn't consistent in their application of logic... that way you at least get them cold in one place or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow

Willow - I agree with you!

I agree with both of these comments, now tis not Teyla's fault, Christ people relax.

If you believe that Rachel's (not Teyla's) character is a putz, based on these actions, then so be it, it is your choice. If people want to point the blame, then it can be argued that it was Sheppard fault for waking the wraith up. *Shrugs* Do you see my point? *Not aimed at anyone in particular*

People tend not to think, before they act, people act upon their impules/instincts and that's what Teyla did.

The whole "Think before you act/speak" quote comes to mind.

Maybe I'm readng too much into this, but why are people having heart attacks over Teyla's mistakes/actions that she does?

I'm going to get lynched for what I'm about to say, but like that's going to stop me...

Strange how people aren't having heart attacks/throwing fits/criticising Sheppard (I'm not picking on John, it's just he's the first person that comes to mind), when he screws up or disboeys orders, which lands people into trouble. I mean yes, so he always manages to save the day or what not, but that isn't the point. My point is this everyone in Atlantis screws up and yet for some reason people tend to pick on Teyla why?

And don't forget that the writers write all of these incidents/actions for a purpose....

That's my 5 cents worth.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
                          Strange how people aren't having heart attacks/throwing fits/criticising Sheppard (I'm not picking on John, it's just he's the first person that comes to mind), when he screws up or disboeys orders, which lands people into trouble. I mean yes, so he always manages to save the day or what not, but that isn't the point. My point is this everyone in Atlantis screws up and yet for some reason people tend to pick on Teyla why?
                          Sheppard screws up a lot, but he's still the "hero".

Trying to release the prisoners on a covert mission was perhaps not that wise, but that Genii with Teyla handled the situation poorly. It's entirely possible they could have gotten him out without raising suspicion. Supplies go missing all the time, right?

And when they returned to the Genii's planet, notice that the ambush was already in place. The Genii probably would have double crossed them no matter what the mission's result was.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                            Sheppard screws up a lot, but he's still the "hero".
                            Nah, I'll hash on him just as hard. In fact, as he is probably a bit more sophisticated than poor Teyla is, I'll hash on him harder. I won't hold Teyla to advanced human ethical standards.. but I'll hold a Major in the Airforce to them.

Trying to release the prisoners on a covert mission was perhaps not that wise, but that Genii with Teyla handled the situation poorly. It's entirely possible they could have gotten him out without raising suspicion. Supplies go missing all the time, right?
                            Nah, I agree with Mr. Genii. You don't go trying to free the prisoners on what is defined as a recon mission. Shep hasn't done his job of bringing her up to speed if she doesn't see the difference.

And when they returned to the Genii's planet, notice that the ambush was already in place. The Genii probably would have double crossed them no matter what the mission's result was.
                            Maybe. Maybe they were just prepared to defend themselves if the recon mission was pursued.

Comment

How come there's not more "Sheppard is a doofus" threads? Teyla's got way too many dissing threads - I'm getting suspicious...
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X