X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis The City

I just luv the whole atlantis thing

does anyone know where i can find a photo of atlantis the city without people
    like in cutscenes between scenes

On another topic wat is keeping them from exploring atlantis, it is on the top of the ocean so they don't have to worry about the whole shield collapsing thing
    Last edited by boney_jnr; 09 April 2005, 07:00 AM. Reason: Add stuff
    "You Blow Up One Sun And Suddenly Everybody Thinks You Can Walk On Water!!"

they have been exploring the city, it will just take time coz of the size of it

we've seen in hotzone and before i sleep that they were currently exploring other parts of the city

they also found the chair sometime, so they must hae explorered that area

plus TPTB dont want to releave everything in the first season, they want to spread it out abit, and not give them all the avandced techniology straight away

Comment

Originally posted by boney_jnr
      On another topic wat is keeping them from exploring atlantis, it is on the top of the ocean so they don't have to worry about the whole shield collapsing thing
      But now the issue is not having a shield. Atlantis is a sitting duck, now that's on the surface. But as the team continues to explore the city, they are bound to find things that are helpful in one way or another. That is, once we see the outcome of the Siege in Season 2.

Comment

i don't think that the shield is an issue, shouldn't atlantis have some stealth capabilities i mean y bother shielding if u can;t be seen

Comment

seriously though is there a place where i can get a full sized pic to use as my wallpaper for my desktop cause i have 1 but it is so pixelated it looks like a giant spot, here is a smaller version if u c 1 ne where let me no plz (my desktop id in 1024xwatever pixels)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by boney_jnr; 09 April 2005, 11:08 PM. Reason: oops used wrong pic

Comment

in an episode wier said that there wasn't enough power for a large scale search even with the naquda reactors
            GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
            Spoiler:
            WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
            Spoiler:

Comment

in siege 2, sheppard says to everett they have been sticking to certain areas of the city because they don't have enough power to explore the other zones, until the expedition came with the ZPM they had to preserve their energy. As far as cloaking or stealthing goes, there's a big difference between cloacking a puddl jumper and an entire city. Perhaps an entire city cloaked would be detectable by the wraith but they would ignore something small like a puddle jumper as background noise or spatial anomaly etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                in siege 2, sheppard says to everett they have been sticking to certain areas of the city because they don't have enough power to explore the other zones, until the expedition came with the ZPM they had to preserve their energy. As far as cloaking or stealthing goes, there's a big difference between cloacking a puddl jumper and an entire city. Perhaps an entire city cloaked would be detectable by the wraith but they would ignore something small like a puddle jumper as background noise or spatial anomaly etc.
                I agree. The power consumption curve for cloaking an entire city must be enormous. remember, the lightning only powered the shields temporarily and according to statisitcs i've read, a single bolt of lightning could power NYC for a long time. I think it was up to a year as of 1999. That's a ton of power and it could only power shields for a little bit.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Their should be a zpm storage room or something. After all you don't have a city with out its power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueguy w/thehand
                    Their should be a zpm storage room or something. After all you don't have a city with out its power!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Watch them stumble across that in season 9.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by blueguy w/thehand
                      That would make it waaaaaay too easy.

Comment

Somebody (Rodney?) said that Atlantis was the size of Manhattan, so to search thru every building and every room would take a long long time. Especially since it's just not sticking their head in, it's going room to room looking thru everything and investigating.
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

surely there's some kind of map in the database detailing the city. I would be funny if they spent lke 8 seasons on the brink of death fighting and everything cos of lack of ZPM. Affects Earth too. Then in Season 9 someone does something really simple and obvious like looking in the database or pressing a giant sign depicting a ZPM that they all thought was like a painting and they ifnd a little treasure trove of ZPMs. Problem is though that this can't happen due to Episode Before I Sleep. Janus gave Weir a list of addresses to other worlds. If there was a room of ZPms he would have told her to help her or if there was a production facility he would have told her. Then they wouldn't need to do all the things they did.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                            Somebody (Rodney?) said that Atlantis was the size of Manhattan, so to search thru every building and every room would take a long long time. Especially since it's just not sticking their head in, it's going room to room looking thru everything and investigating.
                            its the SIZE of manhatten, just becuase its the same AREA doesnt mean its as COMPLICATED, their might be half as many room as in manhatten, still alot of rooms but they will narrow it down massivly after the ZPM arrivs, they can spend a day just using the really nitty gritty feature of the sensor, the ones which require mega amounts of power, the one in BIS, and just find anything of use.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

seriously though is there a place where i can get a full sized pic to use as my wallpaper for my desktop cause i have 1 but it is so pixelated it looks like a giant spot, here is a smaller version if u c 1 ne where let me no plz (my desktop id in 1024xwatever pixels)
                              I never realised how hard it is to find images of Atlantis until I wanted one either.

I couldn't find any really high resolution ones, but there's so okayish ones here:
                              http://img240.echo.cx/my.php?image=103x0012yw.jpg
                              http://img140.echo.cx/my.php?image=111x5973cp.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X