This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not go back to Athos? Spoilers for Atlantis Season 1

Ok. Everything we have learned about the Wraith so far shows that they are nomadic feeders, right? Well, what do you do when a crop is depleted? You A) Replant, or B) Leave.

So, if the Wraith have already harvested Athos, wouldn't it make sense to at least send a team through and find out if it's been repopulated? If there is no one there, wouldn't it be perfect for a safeworld for refugees? All they would need to do is get a network of 4 or 5 planets that are Wraith-free and settle them. Just keep the settlements close to the 'gate in case the Wraith did finally come back.

I think that would be a good solution to the problem of not having enough space in the city for everyone that needs to be saved. Also, it would give the Atlantian team somewhere to go if the city is ever threatened again.

Just a random question I thought up while re-watching The Storm.

It does kind of make sense. The only problems are that:
    a) there may be those bugs all over the place
    b) there may be Wraith still hanging around
    c) there would be no way to protect the planets and so you'd be herding all of the Wraith's food supply into one place. How convenient.

I must admit, that something like that might be good, but there are still too many Wraith Hive ships around the place to know where they all are, and to protect other planets.
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Hmm...very interesting points for the both of you. I think they're both sort of right.

However

The whole reason that the Ancients left Atlantis was because there were too many Wraith attacking the city ("Siege"). If the Wraith have already started attacking Atlantis again for new feeding ground, whose to say they won't take every planet again to make sure they can't go anywhere? Like [McKay, Weir, whoever, can't remember] said, the more Wraith they destroyed, the more that appeared to attack. Who knows how many there are out there?

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

you make some good points but what if they just keep the people on land and destroy the city but they evacuate everybdy into the Geini homeworld where they can reestablish relations with them and that way they have somewhere to go the under ground coplex

Comment

On thing I would like to see revisited is the abandoned city. I wonder what is still hidden there.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Didn't at one time, Teyla say that they could not go back to the planet?

There had to be a reason for this. IMO, the Wraith made the planet unlivable and has destoryed every thing on the planet, even the ancient city.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              Spoiler:
              Didn't at one time, Teyla say that they could not go back to the planet?

There had to be a reason for this. IMO, the Wraith made the planet unlivable and has destoryed every thing on the planet, even the ancient city.
              Yes, she did mention this. It was while she and Sheppard were in the Jumper at the beginning of The Storm. Something to the effect of, "There is still some talk of returning [to Athos] even though I have told them the Wraith have scorched Athos bare in revenge for our resistance." How scorched is scorched bare? Who knows, but it sounds unlivable to me.

Also, there is later mention of "marking planets." I think Bates mentions it in Siege, Part 1. There was no specific explaination as to what this means, but it suggests the Wraith would know if anyone gated to that world. Perhaps Athos is similarly marked?
              Last edited by Fanwoman; 15 April 2005, 03:57 PM.
              Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Working...
              X