Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible that some Ancient were Evil?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible that some Ancient were Evil?

So far both SG1 and SGA ,the Ancient were portray as advance and benevolent race, that the Ancient were good, the Goa'uld and Wraith are Evil.
    But there is always two side of every story.
    Good and Evil are not clear cut as black and White, may be the Ancient were a bit Grey.

In SGA S1 "Hot Zone"
    The Atlantis team find some nanite virus an Atlantis Lab that cut human, but somehow design to be harmless to people with Ancient gene.

Who created those nanite virus?
    Dr Mckay said it was not Wraith Technologies!
    Why didn't Dr Weir suspect the Ancient, the virus were design to kill any human without the Ancient gene.

If the Ancient kill all the human in Pegasus , and find a safe hiding place for all the Ancient Lantian from the Wraith, the Wraith would had starve in a few yr.

I am sure most Ancient were good, but they were still human, it is possible some of them were unethical and may be Evil.
    After all they did abandon the human in Pegasus and left them at the Mercy of the Wraith.

I believ in the SGA S2 and SG1 S9, we will find out more about the sins of the Ancient,and see them in a new light

Possible? I'd say it's extremely likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
      So far both SG1 and SGA ,the Ancient were portray as advance and benevolent race, that the Ancient were good, the Goa'uld and Wraith are Evil.
      But there is always two side of every story.
      Good and Evil are not clear cut as black and White, may be the Ancient were a bit Grey.

In SGA S1 "Hot Zone"
      The Atlantis team find some nanite virus an Atlantis Lab that cut human, but somehow design to be harmless to people with Ancient gene.

Why didn't Dr Weir suspect the Ancient, the virus were design to kill any human without the Ancient gene.

If the Ancient kill all the human in Pegasus , and find a safe hiding place for all the Ancient Lantian from the Wraith, the Wraith would had starve in a few yr.

I am sure most Ancient were good, but they were still human, it is possible some of them were unethical and may be Evil.
      After all they did abandon the human in Pegasus and left them at the Mercy of the Wraith.

I believ in the SGA S2 and SG1 S9, we will find out more about the sins of the Ancient,and see them in a new light

Two words mate: The Orii

Comment

Originally posted by xrayz
        Possible? I'd say it's extremely likely.
        ^ like he said. people have started to practically worship the Ancients as gods and it is tottaly unreasonalbe to do so. In "Hot Zone" they all automatically believed that the ancients would never make something like that. but why? people view the Ancients as all benovolent because of the things the have done, but have they actually ever done anything that didnt serve themselves first? as far as we know, no they havent. the virus could very likely have been a last ditch efort to deal with the wrath. they had the ability to create life in the whole galaxy, so why not just wipe the slate clean, starve the wraith to death and start over?

Comment

Count on it. It gives a sense of jepordy. Remember the diner show with Oma and Daniel.
          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Well first to address this topics question...Ancients were rational beings, they could think for themselves. Different people have different rations and are independant thinkers, so it could happen.

Originally posted by waykins
            Two words mate: The Orii
            Um, mate, the Orii are just Ascended beings, not necessarily Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              ^ like he said. people have started to practically worship the Ancients as gods and it is tottaly unreasonalbe to do so. In "Hot Zone" they all automatically believed that the ancients would never make something like that. but why? people view the Ancients as all benovolent because of the things the have done, but have they actually ever done anything that didnt serve themselves first? as far as we know, no they havent. the virus could very likely have been a last ditch efort to deal with the wrath. they had the ability to create life in the whole galaxy, so why not just wipe the slate clean, starve the wraith to death and start over?
              The ancients are gods! bow before them!
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                Well, it's interesting that you said what you did. I think you'll see similar attempts in some of the religious literature here on Earth - "the holocaust at Sodom & Gomorra" & "the great Flood" are two that come to mind When creation goes wrong, it's easier to destroy everything and start over than it is to repair things - that holds true today too - ever try to fix a bad file? Usually, it's easier to just recreate it. How about buildings? No one retro-fits any more, they just demolish the structure and build a brand new one in its place. So, it doesn't necessarily follow that the Ancients are truly "evil". However, they are a little calloused where mere human life is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus0
                  Well, it's interesting that you said what you did. I think you'll see similar attempts in some of the religious literature here on Earth - "the holocaust at Sodom & Gomorra" & "the great Flood" are two that come to mind When creation goes wrong, it's easier to destroy everything and start over than it is to repair things - that holds true today too - ever try to fix a bad file? Usually, it's easier to just recreate it. How about buildings? No one retro-fits any more, they just demolish the structure and build a brand new one in its place. So, it doesn't necessarily follow that the Ancients are truly "evil". However, they are a little calloused where mere human life is concerned.
                  very good point, and when you look at it from their point of view, why shouldnt the be calloused? they created human life from scratch. so why shouldnt it be theirs to destroy then if neccasary?

Comment

Watch "the Reckoning" the answer is "yeah, and most of 'em".

Spoiler:
                    They all decided to let Anubis run around killing people and blowing up galaxies in order to make Oma feel bad for ascending him. It didn't matter that he was going to kill the galaxy with one of their old weapons either, thus making it doubly their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                      Watch "the Reckoning" the answer is "yeah, and most of 'em".

Spoiler:
                      They all decided to let Anubis run around killing people and blowing up galaxies in order to make Oma feel bad for ascending him. It didn't matter that he was going to kill the galaxy with one of their old weapons either, thus making it doubly their fault.

like oma said this galaxy is insignificant when ur an ascended being.....plus not all ascended are ancients so its not only them and their rules
                      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                        In SGA S1 "Hot Zone"

JM mentioned we would follow that story up in season 2 of Atlantis, I’m assuming it is another race rather then the ancients although if it does turn out to be the ancients it would nice and unexpected twist.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The ancients probably built the virus that is why they it is ineffective to those carrying the gene. Now with this in mind, why would they build a virus that kills humans?
                          *SPOILER BELOW??!*

They were fighting the Wraith... who are evolved humans, and they were probably working on a virus to eradicate them because they had become such a threat. Since they were human at one point, perhaps that is what they assumed would be the key in destroying them. They probably didn't get a chance to test or use it and was kept in storage, and then the Ancients left Atlantis. As for the moral of this, the Ancients seem to be morally and ethically upright shown when Weir visits the past. They have a council which determines what can be researched and what not... like time travel. This doesn't mean Ancients couldn't work without their knowledge like Janis for example who did build a time machine against their will. It is perfectly feasible that an Ancient created this virus, but either was stopped or stopped by his/her own will.

Comment

I think it's possible that some of the Ancients were evil (although, what exactly are we defining as evil here?) It's also possible that the Orii are that particular group but I'm also a bit fuzzy if the Orii are Ancients, or just ascended, so I'll leave that up to July.

My reasoning has to do primarly with Threads. Yes, our corner of the universe is small, but I disagree with Oma's logic that just because it is small, it is insignificant. To me, Threads really showcased how the Ancients need a major lesson in compassion 101. And IMHO, you can't have enlightenment without compassion. So to that end, the idea that you ancients that go completely into the other end of the spectrum is entirely plausible.
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Um, mate, the Orii are just Ascended beings, not necessarily Ancients.[/QUOTE]

I have seen nothing to say that Ancients and the Orii are related.In fact I remember that they hate the Ancients.

Comment

Working...
                              X