PDA

View Full Version : What I'd like to see - a day in the life!

Urthman
June 1st, 2004, 07:19 PM
I remember when we first encountered the Tok'ra .. as dialog was running between the team members, the peripheral Tok'ra would just stand or sit - not involved in any activities. Lots of guarding, but lots of "sitting quietly doing nothing" like Zen monks.

I'd like to see an entire episode dedicated to Jacob Carter and a day in the life of the Tok'ra ... I'd like to see Master Bratac and a day in the life of the Jaffa ... and all without the SGC ...

I mean, what do they do when the pesky humans aren't around?

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM
When I first heard rumors about "The Other Guys" my first thought was that finally we'd be getting a look at the true linchpins of the SGC- guys like Siler and Sgt. Davis and Luke (well, OK, I didn't know about Luke back then, but if I had, I would've wanted to see him). Guys who do all the gritty work and get none of the glory. Guys who probably have good reasons not to idolize SG-1. Particularly poor Siler. ;)

So as much as I loved The Other Guys, I was still disappointed that we didn't get to see the "other" side of things, see what the members of SG-1 are like when they aren't Saving the Day. See what kind of catastrophes go on around the base every day and how they're solved by REAL people because SG-1 (and the other teams) can't be bothered to handle them. The hero worship thing was cute, but I wanna see a less-than-flattering perspective on the SGC's premiere team. Maybe finally reveal Daniel's nasty habit of hiding dishes from poor Luke, or Teal'c's tendency to leave icky stinky socks tossed about. Show how what would be an Heroic Effort To Stop An Alien Menace in a regular ep actually turns out to cause no end of problems for everyone else. :D

I just think it'd be fun...

I also wouldn't mind A Day in the Life of some random Jaffa. Get some actualy background on the poor [email protected] who die in droves for their false gods. I'd like to know what they think, see how they feel, watch a warrior grieve over a friend slain by the enemy: SG-1. Show us that they aren't really the bad guys. I think it'd be a great insight and it would put a whole new spin on SG-1's fights.

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Show us that they aren't really the bad guys. I think it'd be a great insight and it would put a whole new spin on SG-1's fights.
Yes, i also want to see that, that would be interesting :) I wasn't too fond of the episode 'the other guys', but i was kind of interested on how they decided to show other members of the SGC working. Also, aren't some jaffa truly evil?

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yes, i also want to see that, that would be interesting :) I wasn't too fond of the episode 'the other guys', but i was kind of interested on how they decided to show other members of the SGC working. Also, aren't some jaffa truly evil?
Yes, but you get bullies everywhere. :P

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yes, but you get bullies everywhere. :POh yah, i almost forgot, gosh, haha :rolleyes:

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Lets see... I want to see a day in an episode about... a life in Jonas's homeworld, that included Jonas, but theres no castrophe or anything, but maybe about discovering something in their own land, i don't know, maybe that would be boring, but yah... haha... :)

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:25 PM
Lets see... I want to see a day in an episode about... a life in Jonas's homeworld, that included Jonas, but theres no castrophe or anything, but maybe about discovering something in their own land, i don't know, maybe that would be boring, but yah... haha... :)
They uncover a cache of Ancient technology and Jonas is able to use it! :P Various factions war to control him and the vast treasure trove of tech he's uncovered and he realizes that his only hope is to escape back to Earth! :D Hey, a girl can dream, right? At least I left out the bit about the happy reuinion with his Base-bound "research assistant". ;)

Shipperahoy
June 1st, 2004, 08:26 PM
I think the day in the life of Jonas thing is a good idea. They really need to bring him back for at LEAST one episode. I'm pulling for a multiple episode arc because then I get to see Shadow in full Gou'ald garb. I'm trying to think up a really cool Gou'ald name for her.

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I think the day in the life of Jonas thing is a good idea. They really need to bring him back for at LEAST one episode. I'm pulling for a multiple episode arc because then I get to see Shadow in full Gou'ald garb. I'm trying to think up a really cool Gou'ald name for her.
I'm gonna be Ma'at, aren't I? It's right in my name, after all. :P I'm thinking red leather snakeprint pants, a really funky black top, maybe a black leather duster... or some high collared affair with feathers... Ma'at's a [email protected] ;)

Shipperahoy
June 1st, 2004, 08:34 PM
I'm gonna be Ma'at, aren't I? It's right in my name, after all. :P I'm thinking red leather snakeprint pants, a really funky black top, maybe a black leather duster... or some high collared affair with feathers... Ma'at's a [email protected] ;)

OMG that's perfect! I HAVE to see that! C'mon PTB! Bring back Jonas!

majorsal
June 1st, 2004, 08:40 PM
I'd like to see an entire episode dedicated to Jacob Carter and a day in the life of the Tok'ra ... I'd like to see Master Bratac and a day in the life of the Jaffa ... and all without the SGC ...

Wow, I was actually talking about a 'day in the life' ep with my mom today! What I'd like to see is a one day mission that goes bust. Nothing dangerous and deadly, just stupid, irritating things that happen. Like, I could imagine the weather screwing things up. Sam having cramps. Daniel's allergy acting up. Jack in a grouchy mood because 'they' are. The malp sending them in the wrong direction. The tents not complete or working. Everything they try to do goes wrong, so that by the time they return they want to kiss the ground. Just a day in the life of Sg-1 being human. I'd love it!

Sally :D

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
I think all ideas listed here are all good ideas!

elhSG1
June 2nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
Wow, I was actually talking about a 'day in the life' ep with my mom today! What I'd like to see is a one day mission that goes bust. Nothing dangerous and deadly, just stupid, irritating things that happen. Like, I could imagine the weather screwing things up. Sam having cramps. Daniel's allergy acting up. Jack in a grouchy mood because 'they' are. The malp sending them in the wrong direction. The tents not complete or working. Everything they try to do goes wrong, so that by the time they return they want to kiss the ground. Just a day in the life of Sg-1 being human. I'd love it!

Sally :D

LOL :D , that would be funny.

I think it would be cool to see the chevron guy and Sgt. Siler go through the gate at least once.

ShadowMaat
June 2nd, 2004, 08:40 AM
I think it would be cool to see the chevron guy and Sgt. Siler go through the gate at least once.
Sgt. Davis was definitely through the gate in... er... at least one ep. I can remember him being set up at the little base camp and thinking, "Wooo! Chevron Guy's offworld!" ;) I'd be happy just to see them doing whatever it is they do. I want them to save the day at least once... even if no one realizes it. In fact, that'd make it even better. The Unsung Heroes of Stargate Command. ;)

Teal'c
June 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Didn't I remember reading somewhere that Gary Jones said he finally got a proper name for character when he did Atlantis, and it was Sgt. Walter Harriman? Anywho...

SPOILERS Season 8 Zero Hour

Well, Zero Hour is just a day in the life of the SGC's new general (A day where nothing will go right and plants are taking over the damn base! :P)

ShadowMaat
June 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Didn't I remember reading somewhere that Gary Jones said he finally got a proper name for character when he did Atlantis, and it was Sgt. Walter Harriman?
I think his name was originally Harriman, way back in COTG. Or at least, I have a book of shows that comments on "Sgt. Harriman, General Hammond, and the rest of the people at Stargate Command." Except they made it sound like he was a vital character. At least THEY understood. ;)

Shipperahoy
June 2nd, 2004, 09:44 AM
Chevron guy is Walter Norman Harriman Davis. I saw something where he was saying that he had had those 3 names over the course of the series. Walter in 2010 and I'm not quite sure where the other 2 came from but he said one of them was on his uniform.

Whitster
June 2nd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Chevron guy is Walter Norman Harriman Davis. I saw something where he was saying that he had had those 3 names over the course of the series. Walter in 2010 and I'm not quite sure where the other 2 came from but he said one of them was on his uniform.

What confuses me is who the black gate tech is, he looks just like a black version of Gary Jones but only makes apperances in about 5 random episodes, whats his story. :S

SGSlugger
June 2nd, 2004, 10:59 AM
What confuses me is who the black gate tech is, he looks just like a black version of Gary Jones but only makes apperances in about 5 random episodes, whats his story. :S

No story -- he's just Davis's replacement for when he calls off sick! :p

I'd like to see a 'day in the life of' featured episode. I'd also like to have an Asgard-devoted episode.

ShadowMaat
June 2nd, 2004, 11:42 AM
What confuses me is who the black gate tech is, he looks just like a black version of Gary Jones but only makes apperances in about 5 random episodes, whats his story.
You mean the techie from WOO? Found my background scrap on him (and accidentally clicked "edit" instead of "new post" *sigh*) .

His name is, indeed, Wylie (at least as far as I'm concerned). In WOO he was filling in while Walter was on vacation. He didn't believe O'Neill's "time loop" story for a minute, but he is/was pissed at the idea that HE would be stuck in the control room being repeatedly blamed for the problems with the gate and having to put up with O'Neill and his shenanigans while Walter is off partying in Hawai'i, possibly with a girl. It's just so typical.

Wylie is a lot like Siler in that he tends to have very bad luck. Always in the wrong place at the wrong time, usually getting blamed for events beyond his control, etc. Poor thing. hehe. And for the record, he's named after the Coyote, not RDA's daughter. ;)

Nolamom
June 2nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
As long as Luke is serving in the mess, all is right with the SGC!
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/luke.gif

Nmom

Ugly Pig
June 2nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Sgt. Davis was definitely through the gate in... er... at least one ep. I can remember him being set up at the little base camp and thinking, "Wooo! Chevron Guy's offworld!" ;)
Fallen, perhaps? Although I'm not 100% sure. (Minor Lost City Part 2 spoiler in white)He was, however, aboard the Prometheus during the battle in Lost City. May not exactly count as off-world, but he still got to see some action! :)(end spoiler)

Torley
June 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Hey, I'd like to see "A day in the life of a System Lord"... maybe a new Goa'uld who has just risen to that rank and he or she is having a hard time keeping things together... screaming at the Jaffa... practicing the deep flange voice and speaking in iambic pentameter... getting bored and deciding to have some fun using acquired technology like a holographic video game system from the next galaxy over, stuff like that. Maybe do it in a "Dear Diary..." format. ;)

Or I'd like to see a cute System Lord we could all be sympathetic for... he or she wants power but gets it by bungling things up and by accident. Sort of like if Mr. Bean or Amelie was a Goa'uld :D

Or even one of the existing Goa'uld woul be pretty cool in a comedy episode. Show Lord Yu getting acupuncture done and looking through his tea collection, and show Osiris giving out hair care tips (hey, the sarcophagus may bring ya back to life but it won't give you a nice perm!)... or Ba'al coming into possession of a new Earth toy called an "electric guitar" and have him start a death metal band called "Ba'al and his Jaffa"

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Or I'd like to see a cute System Lord we could all be sympathetic for... he or she wants power but gets it by bungling things up and by accident. Sort of like if Mr. Bean or Amelie was a Goa'uld :D
The Felger of the System Lords? ;) It might be interesting. Especially if, say, the others set him up- they suggest (or subversively imply) a way for him to defeat SG-1, figuring that they may as well use the Tau'ri to get rid of the annoying bungler. Except that the bungler actually manages to succeed in capturing SG-1. Then it can be a moral issue of whether he kills them to gain the support/admiration of the other Goa'uld, or if he realizes they'll never accept him and that SG-1 isn't nearly as evil as the reports said.

Of course, then the question becomes, would SG-1 allow him to live or would they (Jack) decide that he was too big a threat and use his niceness and bungling to kill him?

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 10:52 AM
HAHAHA... yes!!! exactly... I haven't seen that episode with Felger, but that's the kind of thing I'm talking about, I couldn't have said it better! LOL. :D

tera'ngan
June 23rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
A Day in the Life of . . .

SG-13!

I mean, when they don't get ambushed. :)

Other teams go off-world, let's see a whole mission where SG-1 doesn't have to be called in to save the day. Give another team a chance to save the planet . . .

-tera'ngan

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
For our Felger of the System Lords, might I suggest Wallace Shawn in the role? Vizzini himself. Annoying, whiney little man, but not necessarily ALL bad. Sort of incompetently bad.

I suggested "lightening" SG-1's load by having other teams guest star. Almost had my head taken off for my efforts. I was told, let's see... the show is called Stargate SG-1 and if SG-1 isn't in it then it isn't Stargate. Or words to that effect. *shrug* I still think it could be a fun idea. Or heck, have Daniel go off with SG-2 for a mission or something. If TPTB can reinvent the entire concept behind the show, then I think shaking things up a bit with an ep or two featuring other teams isn't going to kill anyone. Except maybe the other team. ;)

edit to correct egregious spelling error

Jafana
June 23rd, 2004, 07:51 PM
For our Felger of the System Lords, might I suggest Wallace Shawn in the role? Fezzini himself. Annoying, whiney little man, but not necessarily ALL bad. Sort of incompetently bad.

do you perhaps mean Vizzini? ;)

and no i didnt change my sig because of this. i watched the movie last night and remembered what a classic it was!

meanwhile, i second the wanting of a day in the life of the little guys.
the ones who get stuck with the mess that SG-1 leave..
I mean, all those wacky plans and stuff..can you imagine the paperwork that creates?

and i also like the idea of an ep where EVERYTHING goes wrong... hehe. Jack frustrated is the best TV.

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 08:00 PM
do you perhaps mean Vizzini? ;)
Yep. Whoops. ;) I've fixed it now. I knew it didn't feel right when I posted it. Thanks for the catch.

And yes, an ep where everything goes wrong would be great. See how many "wrongs" you can fit into one ep. Even stuff in the background. Someont (other than Teal'c) getting smacked with a door, someone tripping, someone (Siler?) getting doused as the water pipe breaks, a computer shorting out, someone (Hammond?) locked out of his/her office... the possibilities are endless. Tripping on the ramp has to be in there somewhere, too. ;) And maybe the iris getting stuck halfway.

Jafana
June 23rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
And yes, an ep where everything goes wrong would be great. See how many "wrongs" you can fit into one ep. Even stuff in the background. Someont (other than Teal'c) getting smacked with a door, someone tripping, someone (Siler?) getting doused as the water pipe breaks, a computer shorting out, someone (Hammond?) locked out of his/her office... the possibilities are endless. Tripping on the ramp has to be in there somewhere, too. ;) And maybe the iris getting stuck halfway.

lmao! yes! that would rock.

somebody tripping into the stargate (hopefully an outgoing one :p )
one of the newbies hanging out with the guns in front of the stargate when people come back through accidentally shooting out the light or something.
Jack knocking coffee over a bunch of reports, Teal'c dropping his donut, Sam slipping and breaking something important she's working on.
Daniel dropping a stone tablet and it shattering..
the list is endless.

Torley
June 23rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
HAHA... IIRC, Wallace Shawn also portrayed a mean Ferengi! ;) That was memorable too. Give the episode a really cheesy name, like "The Goa'uld The Cou'ld" or "The Good Goa'uld". :)

There could be a trademark Sam explanation for that episode where everything goes wrong...

chalk it up to a "quantum probability bomb" that is launched at the wormhole by an enemy working for the Goa'uld that figures that if they cannot destroy the SGC outright, they will at least try to make them incompetent with ineffectual action! The iris blocks the bomb, but the ripple effect seeps outward and everyone is "cursed" with increasingly bad luck! Nearing the climax of the episode, it becomes a monumental challenge for the 'gate-controlling computers to start up without crashing (cuz of "hexed" RAM and other malfunctions), and the SG-1 team must crawl on their knees towards the Stargate!

Teal'c
June 24th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Yep. Whoops. ;) I've fixed it now. I knew it didn't feel right when I posted it. Thanks for the catch.

Everything goes wrong? That's called Zero Hour! :P

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Oh yes, mayhem :)

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Going back a few thoughts, I would be the very first to give my full support to an episode featuring Walter Davis. I love 2010, but the guy deserves even more.

Torley
June 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I don't get why more familiar recurring characters were featured in "The Other Guys"??

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Budget? I wanted to see Dr. Lee though, haha...

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I think Dr Lee is great. I hope he returns

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Something i would like to see... an episode completely devoted to the alliance of 4, seeing the beginning when they first met each other, maybe boring to some people, but hey, i want to see it :)

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Possibly, although it may not be great

Jafana
June 26th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Something i would like to see... an episode completely devoted to the alliance of 4, seeing the beginning when they first met each other, maybe boring to some people, but hey, i want to see it :)
actually that could be very cool
it could be set thousands of years ago, and have nothing whatsoever to do with SG-1.

OR - (this could quite possibly be a brain fart, thought just hit me)...
SG-1 could do another timetravel ep....but back to thousands of years ago. Perhaps the only way of meeting the furlings.??

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 12:44 AM
May not be great to you at least :)

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 03:17 AM
That would be good. Travelling back hundreds of thousands of years to meet the Furlings and attempt to save their future

ana
June 26th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I would like to see a day in Cassie´s life . How is she coping with Janet´s death. Is she living alone? Is she alrady at college?

ana

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 09:40 AM
That's a good idea about Cassie. Would be interesting to see how she coped with it

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I would like to see a day in Cassie´s life . How is she coping with Janet´s death. Is she living alone? Is she alrady at college?

anaYah, i want that!!! Good idea :) I vote for that idea, haha...

Anubis
June 26th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Shame the producers probably wouldn't be too interested in something like this in season eight

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Why do you assume that? We still have a few unknown episodes left, haha... I have high doubts though still... :(

ana
June 27th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Yah, i want that!!! Good idea :) I vote for that idea, haha...

There are lots of good ideas, just hope that TPTB read ours or have some similar to what we want:)

madfrenchie
June 28th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I think that if they have to do an episode in season 8 as a kind of filler, ya know, the cast needs a break or we ran out of ideas, like "Disclosure" where the writers use tons of flashbacks, they ought to do it around some kind of holiday/vacation where it's just SG-1 + the new General O'Neill. They're just sitting around reflecting, laughing, grieving even at someone's house.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I'm sure they will, they usually do

ShadowMaat
June 28th, 2004, 11:28 AM
I think that if they have to do an episode in season 8 as a kind of filler, ya know, the cast needs a break or we ran out of ideas, like "Disclosure" where the writers use tons of flashbacks, they ought to do it around some kind of holiday/vacation where it's just SG-1 + the new General O'Neill. They're just sitting around reflecting, laughing, grieving even at someone's house.
Good God almighty, haven't we had enough cursed clips shows already?? No offense, but aauuuggghhhh!!!! I despise clips shows to the very depths of my being, Very few shows can pull of a successful flashbacks ep and Stargate is not one of them. Not recently. Please spare us from the tedium of YET ANOTHER bloody clips show! I'm sorry, but I prefer a little ACTION in my Stargate eps and leftovers don't count. Nor would Daniel throwing up on the neighbor's cat after one beer. Urg. Urg. A couple of scenes of the team kicking back at some point would be fine, but PLEASE not as the focus of an entire ep!

shockwave
June 28th, 2004, 11:33 AM
an entire episode is too long for this

maybe something like that as the B-plot, and use some other A-plot

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I suggested "lightening" SG-1's load by having other teams guest star. Almost had my head taken off for my efforts. I was told, let's see... the show is called Stargate SG-1 and if SG-1 isn't in it then it isn't Stargate. Or words to that effect. *shrug* I still think it could be a fun idea. Or heck, have Daniel go off with SG-2 for a mission or something. If TPTB can reinvent the entire concept behind the show, then I think shaking things up a bit with an ep or two featuring other teams isn't going to kill anyone. Except maybe the other team. ;)

Maybe SG-7?

Seriously; I think that the series could carry that at this stage, and it would be nice to see that there're maybe two or three people in the universe who are a) competent and b) not on SG-1.

AmberLM
July 3rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Stuff I'd like to see in season 8:

1) MORE Agent Barrett!!!!!! He's too adorable!
2) LESS Pete Shanahan (I know, David seems really nice but I just hate the sneaky cop!)
3) SOMETHING, ANYTHING for closure with the SJ ship. I'm getting bored now. I used to be a big shipper (in some ways I still am) but c'mon guys, can we have an end to the torture?!? And I don't mean like the X-Files did, they totally screwed the whole thing up. I don't wanna tune in to Stargate season 8 to find a constantly sobbing Carter caused by O'Neill being abducted by Thor, that's why I stopped watching the X-Files after season 7! ;) Seriously tho, and I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, NO ship is better than the WRONG ship!