Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I'd like to see - a day in the life!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'd like to see - a day in the life!

I remember when we first encountered the Tok'ra .. as dialog was running between the team members, the peripheral Tok'ra would just stand or sit - not involved in any activities. Lots of guarding, but lots of "sitting quietly doing nothing" like Zen monks.

I'd like to see an entire episode dedicated to Jacob Carter and a day in the life of the Tok'ra ... I'd like to see Master Bratac and a day in the life of the Jaffa ... and all without the SGC ...

I mean, what do they do when the pesky humans aren't around?

When I first heard rumors about "The Other Guys" my first thought was that finally we'd be getting a look at the true linchpins of the SGC- guys like Siler and Sgt. Davis and Luke (well, OK, I didn't know about Luke back then, but if I had, I would've wanted to see him). Guys who do all the gritty work and get none of the glory. Guys who probably have good reasons not to idolize SG-1. Particularly poor Siler.

So as much as I loved The Other Guys, I was still disappointed that we didn't get to see the "other" side of things, see what the members of SG-1 are like when they aren't Saving the Day. See what kind of catastrophes go on around the base every day and how they're solved by REAL people because SG-1 (and the other teams) can't be bothered to handle them. The hero worship thing was cute, but I wanna see a less-than-flattering perspective on the SGC's premiere team. Maybe finally reveal Daniel's nasty habit of hiding dishes from poor Luke, or Teal'c's tendency to leave icky stinky socks tossed about. Show how what would be an Heroic Effort To Stop An Alien Menace in a regular ep actually turns out to cause no end of problems for everyone else.

I just think it'd be fun...

I also wouldn't mind A Day in the Life of some random Jaffa. Get some actualy background on the poor b@stards who die in droves for their false gods. I'd like to know what they think, see how they feel, watch a warrior grieve over a friend slain by the enemy: SG-1. Show us that they aren't really the bad guys. I think it'd be a great insight and it would put a whole new spin on SG-1's fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Show us that they aren't really the bad guys. I think it'd be a great insight and it would put a whole new spin on SG-1's fights.
      Yes, i also want to see that, that would be interesting I wasn't too fond of the episode 'the other guys', but i was kind of interested on how they decided to show other members of the SGC working. Also, aren't some jaffa truly evil?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Yes, i also want to see that, that would be interesting I wasn't too fond of the episode 'the other guys', but i was kind of interested on how they decided to show other members of the SGC working. Also, aren't some jaffa truly evil?
        Yes, but you get bullies everywhere.

Comment

Yes, but you get bullies everywhere.
          Oh yah, i almost forgot, gosh, haha

Comment

Lets see... I want to see a day in an episode about... a life in Jonas's homeworld, that included Jonas, but theres no castrophe or anything, but maybe about discovering something in their own land, i don't know, maybe that would be boring, but yah... haha...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              Lets see... I want to see a day in an episode about... a life in Jonas's homeworld, that included Jonas, but theres no castrophe or anything, but maybe about discovering something in their own land, i don't know, maybe that would be boring, but yah... haha...
              They uncover a cache of Ancient technology and Jonas is able to use it! Various factions war to control him and the vast treasure trove of tech he's uncovered and he realizes that his only hope is to escape back to Earth! Hey, a girl can dream, right? At least I left out the bit about the happy reuinion with his Base-bound "research assistant".

Comment

I think the day in the life of Jonas thing is a good idea. They really need to bring him back for at LEAST one episode. I'm pulling for a multiple episode arc because then I get to see Shadow in full Gou'ald garb. I'm trying to think up a really cool Gou'ald name for her.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  I think the day in the life of Jonas thing is a good idea. They really need to bring him back for at LEAST one episode. I'm pulling for a multiple episode arc because then I get to see Shadow in full Gou'ald garb. I'm trying to think up a really cool Gou'ald name for her.
                  I'm gonna be Ma'at, aren't I? It's right in my name, after all. I'm thinking red leather snakeprint pants, a really funky black top, maybe a black leather duster... or some high collared affair with feathers... Ma'at's a bad@ss...

Comment

I'm gonna be Ma'at, aren't I? It's right in my name, after all. I'm thinking red leather snakeprint pants, a really funky black top, maybe a black leather duster... or some high collared affair with feathers... Ma'at's a bad@ss...
                    OMG that's perfect! I HAVE to see that! C'mon PTB! Bring back Jonas!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Urthman
                      I'd like to see an entire episode dedicated to Jacob Carter and a day in the life of the Tok'ra ... I'd like to see Master Bratac and a day in the life of the Jaffa ... and all without the SGC ...

Wow, I was actually talking about a 'day in the life' ep with my mom today! What I'd like to see is a one day mission that goes bust. Nothing dangerous and deadly, just stupid, irritating things that happen. Like, I could imagine the weather screwing things up. Sam having cramps. Daniel's allergy acting up. Jack in a grouchy mood because 'they' are. The malp sending them in the wrong direction. The tents not complete or working. Everything they try to do goes wrong, so that by the time they return they want to kiss the ground. Just a day in the life of Sg-1 being human. I'd love it!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I think all ideas listed here are all good ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Wow, I was actually talking about a 'day in the life' ep with my mom today! What I'd like to see is a one day mission that goes bust. Nothing dangerous and deadly, just stupid, irritating things that happen. Like, I could imagine the weather screwing things up. Sam having cramps. Daniel's allergy acting up. Jack in a grouchy mood because 'they' are. The malp sending them in the wrong direction. The tents not complete or working. Everything they try to do goes wrong, so that by the time they return they want to kiss the ground. Just a day in the life of Sg-1 being human. I'd love it!

Sally
                          LOL , that would be funny.

I think it would be cool to see the chevron guy and Sgt. Siler go through the gate at least once.
                          "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                            I think it would be cool to see the chevron guy and Sgt. Siler go through the gate at least once.
                            Sgt. Davis was definitely through the gate in... er... at least one ep. I can remember him being set up at the little base camp and thinking, "Wooo! Chevron Guy's offworld!" I'd be happy just to see them doing whatever it is they do. I want them to save the day at least once... even if no one realizes it. In fact, that'd make it even better. The Unsung Heroes of Stargate Command.

Comment

Didn't I remember reading somewhere that Gary Jones said he finally got a proper name for character when he did Atlantis, and it was Sgt. Walter Harriman? Anywho...

SPOILERS Season 8 Zero Hour

Well, Zero Hour is just a day in the life of the SGC's new general (A day where nothing will go right and plants are taking over the damn base! )

Comment

Working...
                              X