Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutant X

Mutant X

I'm opening that thread to talk about Mutant X only for the fans interested in the show

I only discovered it a few months ago by chance and was attracted to the mythology of that show too ...The mutant X team ...Genomex and the Dominion ..ect ..

I love the team interaction and their little adventure to save the world from Genomex and the villain mutants like Gabriel Ashlock .

I find the sanctuary a very nice little secret place for the team to live
    I find all characters very interesting ..I particularly liked Adam Kane and was pleased to see him back in season 3 ...I know that Lexa replaced Emma ..and although I liked Emma ..I think that lexa is more of an interesting character a mystery ...Jesse is a sweetie ...I hope he can find his girl one day .....

.....and I so wish there would be a season 4 ..but it looks like a NO No ...so it's too bad .....I would love to see the team do more adventures ...and see Lexa and her mystery charater impress me because she sure did at the end of season 3 :

I have become a Brennan /Shalimar shipper ..and I made my first collage dedicated to the couple ...I should be making more regarding the all show and all the other characters ..as well as some videos ...but I just thought that Brennan and Shalimar were very well suited ...and real hot together

And Victor Webster is extremely thunkable

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...du/BRENNAN.bmp

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...u/Brennan2.bmp

Caty
    Last edited by Catysg1; 08 April 2005, 04:19 PM.

Hmm... I think my favorite character was... you know what, sad to say, her character has been gone so long i forgot her name! (even though the show ended like a year ago) I feel bad, but she was somekind of Telepath in the group.

I was just so sad when
    Spoiler:
    she died!
    ... Very dissapointed
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

You mean Emma? She was my favorite character, too. I liked that she never trusted anyone, including her own teammates. I was shocked in the episode where she and Jesse were about to be attacked by a group of soldiers, and she
      Spoiler:
      sent a shockwave of psychic energy outward that made the soldiers run away in fear, and left Jesse on the ground in the fetal position. Then she wiped away Jesse's memory of her ever doing that.

Emma's misuse of her powers was a story arc waiting to happen.

I understand that most superheroes have limitations on their powers, but some of the weaknesses for Mutant X were complete bull. Brendan can project electricity, but it hurts him whenever a nearby piece of metal acts as a lightning rod? And he could kill himself if he used his powers while wet? He already has electricity pulsing through his body, and the human body is mostly water. To say that he could kill himself if he used his powers after someone dropped a bucket of water on him... it doesn't make any sense.
      Last edited by Manic; 10 April 2005, 12:34 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
      It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
        You mean Emma? She was my favorite character, too. I liked that she never trusted anyone, including her own teammates. I was shocked in the episode where she and Jesse were about to be attacked by a group of soldiers, and she
        Spoiler:
        sent a shockwave of psychic energy outward that made the soldiers run away in fear, and left Jesse on the ground in the fetal position. Then she wiped away Jesse's memory of her ever doing that.

Emma's misuse of her powers was a story arc waiting to happen.

I understand that most superheroes have limitations on their powers, but some of the weaknesses for Mutant X were complete bull. Brendan can project electricity, but it hurts him whenever a nearby piece of metal acts as a lightning rod? And he could kill himself if he used his powers while wet? He already has electricity pulsing through his body, and the human body is mostly water. To say that he could kill himself if he used his powers after someone dropped a bucket of water on him... it doesn't make any sense.
        Heh, those limitations are more like weaknesses that the bad guys are too stupid to find out! But i agree, its just laughable.

Ahh yes, Emma Emma Emma... Could have been a great story, but no... We got... 'Not Emma',

Comment

Thank you guys So Why did they kill Emma then ?!!! Did the actress decide to leave the show before the end of season 3 ? and what about the character Adam Kane ...why did he leave and did some cameos ?

Emma ..I quite liked her ...but she is not my favorite ..May be she was a little bit too serious for me .....may be she was taking things too seriuosly and was not laughing enough ..but I like the team in general ...Lexa ..well she is a character that you don't like to start with but that you do like when you find out who she really is ...and can pass the mystery that she is ...I think she is a very interesting character ....

Caty

Comment

Comicscontinuum (i think) had some articles about that, but i can't seem to find it. But anyway, i know what you mean on Emma's 'seriousness' but yah, she was still cute while being serious! Haha...

Lexa, even after i found out who she is later on, i still didn't like her any more or less, she was just there, but oh well...

Anyone else a bit dissapointed near the beginning of the last season where like that dude (once again, i forgot, i have a short term memory obviously) was only the 'computer man', but like hardly ever used his powers? It was like it was 'the three mutants'...

Comment

Are you talking about Jesse?? the Bullet proof guy ..although he got shot a couple of times I think .

Or are you talking about Adam KANE ..They both used the computer ..but I think Jesse was the Expert ...Adam was the boss and it was him who made them become mutants ..but he saved them from being used as guinea pigs by Genomex

I think jesse used his powers a lot more than Shalimar ....Jesse could also go through solid Objects by retaining his breath while doing it same as the bullet proof thingie

Caty

Comment

Mutant X had such promise first season. Then it kind of turned into a 46 minute kicking spree and was less about science and mutants. Emma was my favorite character too. Too under developed though and they never really showed the true extent of her powers.
                Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                  Mutant X had such promise first season. Then it kind of turned into a 46 minute kicking spree and was less about science and mutants. Emma was my favorite character too. Too under developed though and they never really showed the true extent of her powers.
                  I've always thought the show was only 42-44 minutes?

And yes Catys, i was talking about Jesse, it seemed like he was limited to the computer seat in the beginning of the last season of the series, but yah, i think i stopped watching the episodes after the first few, so yah, i was wondering if he actually started using his powers more later?

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                    I've always thought the show was only 42-44 minutes?

And yes Catys, i was talking about Jesse, it seemed like he was limited to the computer seat in the beginning of the last season of the series, but yah, i think i stopped watching the episodes after the first few, so yah, i was wondering if he actually started using his powers more later?

yeah I think he did use his power a bit more ..I really like the episode where a bullet got through him ..but in fact it was a bomb...and Brennan had to help him a lot in that episode ...I thought Jesse was excellent in that one or the actor playing him ..but to be honest I was concentrating more on Shalimar and Brennan than Jesse ...I just like to see them teamed up ...I also was very interested in Lexa and her agenda ..because Although I though she was a ***** of of the time ....she also showed great feelings for her team towards the end of season 3 .

I also agree that Emma was underused ..and that we didn't see the use of her powers so much ...It took me a while to actually understand what she could do .

I still would love to know why they killed off her character ..because Lexa could have still be brought to the team anyway ...She is interesting in her own way ..and I liked the introduction of the dominion when she turned up

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      I still would love to know why they killed off her character ..because Lexa could have still be brought to the team anyway ...She is interesting in her own way ..and I liked the introduction of the dominion when she turned up

Caty
                      I guess they were too lazy to change, "...strongest four mutants..." so they killed off one and brought on Lexa.

Also, i dont get something, in most of the episodes Shalimar and Brennan are hardly ever showing much effection at all, well at least in the episodes i've seen. Was that done on purpose to sway away the people who just hate relationships in a scifi show or something, thinking it may cause harm to the storyline?

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                        I guess they were too lazy to change, "...strongest four mutants..." so they killed off one and brought on Lexa.

Also, i dont get something, in most of the episodes Shalimar and Brennan are hardly ever showing much effection at all, well at least in the episodes i've seen. Was that done on purpose to sway away the people who just hate relationships in a scifi show or something, thinking it may cause harm to the storyline?

Well I think it took them a while to realize they had feelings for each other ...so they played UST a lot ....and I think it hit them right in the face in the middle of season 3 that they were atttracted to each other ...I mean Shalimar was flirting with Brennan from the day she met him ...She is a feral ...so I suppose she can't pass him without having a good look at him ..Also they were playing a lot together in the sanctuary like fighting for fun and stuff like that ...so they were some touching ..but they probably didn't want or even think about starting anything because they were working together ...and Lexa did say that she noticed there were something going on between Brennan and Shalimar ...when she was talking to Jesse....Jesse finds it nice that 2 mutants could have a relationship but Lexa is totally against it ...she doed not think that mutants should start a relationship .

I know that there are a lot of sites dedicated to the Brennan/Shalimar ship ... with videos and collages for them ..I 'd like to make a video dedicated to them and their ship ..I thought it was a funny ship ...I liked the flirting from both side ...and I suppose I like ship in sci-fi when it's well done ..and mixed with the story line ..All sci-fi shows have ship anyway ..there is nothing we can do about that specially if it is a long running series ..and manages to go through the first year without being cancelled .
                        I don't know if you saw the last episode of season 3 ..but Shalimar and Brennan
                        Spoiler:
                        could not keep their hands from each other ..and they did it in the sanctuary ....I think it may have been in Brennan's room !!!

if TPTB allowed them to do it on screen ..it's probably because there are a lot of shippers for the couple I reckon ....it's the same for Alias ..the TPTB allows it because the ship is popular .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I don't know if you saw the last episode of season 3 ..but Shalimar and Brennan
                          Spoiler:
                          could not keep their hands from each other ..and they did it in the sanctuary ....I think it may have been in Brennan's room !!!

Caty
                          Oh, i saw that, and i talked to the screen saying, "Finally..." Haha...

Comment

totally Loved this show when it was on! I have all three seasons on DVD and I watch them so much!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I love this show! I have the DVDs too! Shalimar was my favorite character, followed closely by Brennan. They were my fave pairing for a while, until I discovered SG-1. I think that says a lot

Yay Mutant X!!

Comment

Working...
                              X