Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

were do the atlantis crew get spare ammo from?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were do the atlantis crew get spare ammo from?

were do the crew of atlantis get enuff ammo to last them from now till the end of time? they coudent have taken that much from earth. so wot, do they have there own field smelting works or something?

I always figured they just took enough to last a long time since they knew there was a chance they weren't coming back.

Comment

yes they probally now that they can comunnicate with earth will be able to send more and more ammo to the Atlatnis expedition and not to mention the new marines that came through they coukld have bught extra ammunition with them and what is the point to have all that ammo all they need it for is to defend themselves this is really a peaceful so they took what they need

Comment

They go back stage and get more blanks...

Comment

I agree. They didn't show everyone going through the gate and there are supposedly over two hundred people. I mean, they brought food <coffee> and many other supplies. In "the Eye" there was a room full of weapons and ammo.
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Well, that's tv shows for you.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Personal storage, c. 500rds per person. Plus ressupply enough to fill an amoury, c. 20,000rds. Should be plenty if they don't shoot like AMMs, and more like marksmen.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
              - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Col. Everett and his men probably brought extra with them and the Deadalus (sp) will probably be bringing more.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  Col. Everett and his men probably brought extra with them and the Deadalus (sp) will probably be bringing more.
                  yeah I bet the Daedalus will bring food, weapons,naquahdah generators,
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                    yeah I bet the Daedalus will bring food, weapons,naquahdah generators,
                    Also, some fun things, such as the movies that McKay mention in Letters From Pegasus plus more.

Comment

They also would proabably brought the necessary equipment to do hand reloading.

However, it would roaly suck to have that job.
                      Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                      "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                      "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                      ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                      McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                      "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Pal
                        They also would proabably brought the necessary equipment to do hand reloading.

However, it would roaly suck to have that job.
                        Might have… but that would require a lot of extra equipment (tumblers, presses, jigs, etc..) as well as the raw materials for the ammo (powder, primers, lead). Plus that’s assuming that someone there knows how. Contrary to popular opinion, p90 round reloading is not exactly a standard basic training class. It would be easier and more efficient if they just brought along extra ammo, you can fit quite a bit of ammo in crates….5,000 rounds or more depending on the size...and it's more stable then the raw material. Powder don't work well when wet...

Comment

the atlantis expdition brang with them enough to basicly live for a few months in total isolation, and also to carry out any thing they wanted to do; they brought a heck of alot of ammo with them, in rising when their in the corridor the malp room was full of crete im betting half of them were full of weapons.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
                            They go back stage and get more blanks...

Anywho..
                            This is something I was wondering from the very start.
                            If they remained permanently detached from Earth they would be incapable of using all of their weapons after enough seasons.

They have fixed this by making Earth capable of sending them supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                              Might have… but that would require a lot of extra equipment (tumblers, presses, jigs, etc..) as well as the raw materials for the ammo (powder, primers, lead). Plus that’s assuming that someone there knows how. Contrary to popular opinion, p90 round reloading is not exactly a standard basic training class. It would be easier and more efficient if they just brought along extra ammo, you can fit quite a bit of ammo in crates….5,000 rounds or more depending on the size...and it's more stable then the raw material. Powder don't work well when wet...
                              I agree, reloading would be a real 'bear'! But lets face other facts, they weren't expecting a whole 'army' to fight against so probably didn't bring nearly as much as they needed (technically speaking) and firing any weapon on full auto is gonna empty the magazine in a couple of heartbeats (for regular M-16 type rifles.) I have no idea how much a P-90 holds. Never even heard of it, assumed it was made up for the series so I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. However, again, on full auto, they'd be going through tons of ammo very quickly and I don't think they'd bring along nearly enough for that over a considerable period of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X