This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun memories of GW Delphi...

I got the idea of starting this Thread during a post exchange with BCM, earlier tonight, on a General Topic Thread.

#Based on MAL's original Thread on GW Delphi.#

I realised that to some Posters here on this forum, that we'd seem to be taking up room on that Thread,with nonsense best left to ourselves!

My fault,as I started it!

Anyway, this Thread is for those like myself, and BCM,who were members of the previous GW Forum on the Delphi system,who had a fun time there (and here too of course) and just want to exchange Fun/Fond memories,etc.

This Thread is also for other Fun Ramblings from anyone else who fancies joining in! Maybe with your fun stories from your use of different Forums or whatever!

Just remember:No attacks allowed on each other or other Forums! PG Forum rules apply! Nothing that'll upset each other unduly please.......and no Profanity.

Now go for it!

Best Wishes,from FHB. (AKA: "Footholder" on GW Delphi)
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 June 2004, 03:34 AM. Reason: Suddenly realised I'd forgotten to credit MAL in a previous edit.Oops! Sorry MAL.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

There was. of course, the ever popular blue/green debate which was hugely amusing. It was so clearly GREEN (poor blind deluded BCM). But fun was had by all.

GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Or when there were many "MC"s - and nicknames were constantly changing - it was hilariously confusing.

And the funniest thread I've read was "Is Jack Gay?" This thread went so off-topic that it was a total hoot.

No, No, No, No, No, Shipperahoy - Blue Rules!!!!!!!!

Comment

You know, I followed that blue/green debate for awhile...I think it really was RED.

Nmom
        sigpic

Comment

Remember when I had no memories from the old Delphi forum, even though I was a member?? Ah yes...those were the days....
          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Ah,such fun ....the Blue v Green Debate, the serious debates,and the truly goofy "Fun" Topics....fair brings a sentimental tear to the eye.

My own personal weakness was TLW chasing.Still is!

I have two "Special" memories I'll always treasure: My personal "Spooning",by the truly awesome Major Clanger.(I mentioned the R## word in a post and gave the Purple DM'd one, a good excuse to wield the Giant Spoon . Great fun,IMO. The words M###e,and V####n were guaranteed to bring her scurrying as well.

The other "Special" memory for me (and probably several others ), was the final race before the closure of the "Old" Forum for Postings....I refer to "The Last Post" Thread..."TLP" to those in the know .....

Looking back on the final mad scramble,I think we must have been utterly NUTS in those final hours......I know I was completely wit-scrambled by 4 a.m. (UK time), on the morning of May 1st. (Ended up chatting up Potted Plants ...and naming them! Ho-Boy. Proves that a marathon 12 hours on line turns your brain weird !)

Special mentions, and full Best Wishes, to all my fellow TLP chasers ,and particularly to TameFarrar, DJ Favorite, dipsofJazz, Chookgate, BCM, MAL, CrazedWraith, and loads of others who Posted on the Thread !

Thanks for a wonderful time to you ALL ! (Antsy Cup-Cake,anyone? )

Best Wishes Everyone,
            From FHB .(AKA :"Footholder" on GW Delphi)
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 January 2005, 09:56 AM. Reason: Ridding the post of overuse of "!" ...oy......

Comment

Just to add my two cents... I think Major Clanger's "Pink Elephant in overalls" character is just an absolute riot! At first that thing used to freak me out and spook me, but now I see it, it just cracks me up!
              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

LOL!! Hope she doesn't come over all indignant ..........she was righteous enough about rodent jokes!!

Maybe MC's mellowed since!

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                  Just to add my two cents... I think Major Clanger's "Pink Elephant in overalls" character is just an absolute riot! At first that thing used to freak me out and spook me, but now I see it, it just cracks me up!
                  ROFL. Oh man. That is just too funny.

*hands Kanyon a newly enhanced super duper spoon-guard*

Trust me. You're going to need it.

*sits back and waits for the fun to begin*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    Maybe MC's mellowed since!
                    Nah. I don't think so. Me thinks that we should enjoy knowing Kanyon while we still can.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great thread.

So many memories, where do I start?

The blue/green debate was a classic. To anyone with half a brain it was so obviously green but I guess the blues must have their delusions.

Some of my best memories are from Season 4/Season 5. I joined about the middle of S4 and first met up with Mike, MC, TC, Sazz, Sam, Gipsy, Tere, AS, Vicky, Petra, Satori, AC, Dan, BrendaGracie, Matt, Denise and of course Darren with his on topic ray gun. I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones I remember. GW was then Starguide, and it was quite small and intimate.

I remember endless good humored debates about The Other Guys and Scorched Earth. Then of course their was the question of whether Jack sniffed or not in "Out of Mind/Into the Fire". He did by the way

We had some great times in the lunch room, although Darren kept selling the furniture, stealing our chocolate and moving us, everytime we reached 1000 posts. So, we'd always have to start over in the decorating department.

There was also the S.P.O.C.K. campaign. I can't even remember what the letters stood for anymore, but it's purpose was to put in office, someone whose soul aim was to bring scifi to the masses. I was the candidate, Mike was my campaign manager, MC was in charge of uniforms, those were pretty cool btw, Sazz was in charge of publicity, and everyone else helped out. Too bad I didn't win. I would have ensured continued funding for the SciFi channel, allowing it to pick up every SciFi show that never got a chance, and keep it going. *sigh*

I remember the absolute glee that abounded when we found out that S5 was a go. And somewhere midway into S5, I had the great pleasure of meeting Feli, betaing her fics, and forming a friendship that is still very important to me.

I cut my writing teeth on GW, when BrendaGracie started a round robin fic, which took on hilarious tangents, but was enough to show me that I could do it.

Somewhere along the way, I consented, along with MC, to help Darren moderate the forum. Why, I'll never know. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But honestly, most of the time it was fun. And when it quit being fun, I stopped and just went back to being a regular poster, and it became fun again.

I guess the best thing about GW was that I made some awesome friends along the way. Many of them don't play here anymore, but I'm glad to say that with the exception of a couple, I still keep in touch with them on a regular basis.

So, here's to GW. Long may it live on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                        Nah. I don't think so. Me thinks that we should enjoy knowing Kanyon while we still can.
                        Meep!!

No....MC is a sweetie really...........*Listens out for the pit-a -pat of DM's*.

Phew........just checking......No Spoons as yet!

Perhaps Kanyon's safe for now?
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Loved reading your memoirs,Kat!
                        I was a bit late joining GW Delphi,as I was only on the Forum for about 6 weeks before the "Move",but I have to say,I loved every moment!

Only a bit sad, that I didn't join a lot sooner.

To be honest with you,I kind of pinched this Thread idea from the "Old" Forum.There was a "Special Memories" Thread, I enjoyed reading there,in the final weeks.

All I did was resurrect someone else's idea,I think it may have been MAL's original Thread?

IMO,praise is due to her.. *Off to check GW Delphi *
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 June 2004, 05:33 AM.

Comment

MC is a sweetie really
                          Of course she is. After all, she's all pink and fluffy. How could she be anything else?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Of course she is. After all, she's all pink and fluffy. How could she be anything else?
                            Too right,Kat!

Anyway,I've just had a quick trawl through the GW "D" Archives ,and it WAS in fact MAL, who began the first "Special Memories Of Delphi Forums" Thread,on April 22nd.

So all due credit to her!! Praise MAL!!

Other interesting titles I enjoyed:"Anti- Chipper" Debate,"Where did the Purple Carrots go?" and oodles more.
                            The Garden Thread is doing quite well here,but I'm not sure where the "Lunchroom" went lately,no worries,it's about in "Off-Topic" somewhere.

Love it here too,btw!

Comment

Anyway,I've just had a quick trawl through the GW "D" Archives ,and it WAS in fact MAL, who began the first "Special Memories Of Delphi Forums" Thread,on April 22nd.

So all due credit to her!! Praise MAL!!
                              Hats off to Mal then. BTW, haven't seen her lately.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X