This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shepperds gene

Do you guys think shep is an ancient cos he does have the gene and he uses it without effort, hes never mentioned to have illness and he does seem to be quite intelligent.

Originally posted by swifty
    Do you guys think shep is an ancient cos he does have the gene and he uses it without effort, hes never mentioned to have illness and he does seem to be quite intelligent.
    Hmm that could explain
    Spoiler:

why the ancient chick falls for him so quick. course it could just be cause she's gone 10 000 year s without it too

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
      Hmm that could explain
      Spoiler:

why the ancient chick falls for him so quick. course it could just be cause she's gone 10 000 year s without it too
      there was a certain connection, but that might just be cos she was hot, but who knows
      Last edited by swifty; 07 April 2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

there was a certain connection, but that might just be cos she was so hot, but who knows

agreed.

Seriously, he's in another galaxy and now alone on a planet and NO one watching him with one of the hottest chicks in the galaxy, who happens to be seriously attracted to him. I seriously dont see a problem there.

Comment

no problems whatsoever, except all we seem to have discussed is the hot ancient chick rather than shepperd. but i suppose its funner talkin bout the hot ancient chick.

Comment

did anyone else want to know more when he merged with the ancient. Didnt they share their information amung others, ie emotions. If this happend then wouldnt he know some of what she knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
              did anyone else want to know more when he merged with the ancient. Didnt they share their information amung others, ie emotions. If this happend then wouldnt he know some of what she knows?
              I still, FIRMLY, believe that Sanctuary was supposed to be about Shep and the gene. The last bit when Shep says he's flirting with someone from another species and Chaya says, "We're not as different as you think" Shep says "I think we're more different than YOU think"

THen Chaya offers to join with him, or whatever you want to call it. They would KNOW each other as much as two people can know each other. I think that meant something so I really REALLY want to know more about that.

Comment

I think it's something that should be looked into. I mean, Jack has the gene but he has a harder time controlling things and really needs the Ancient Archive to be effective. So, I think Atlantis will get around to exploring that.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
                  Beckett (and a few others) were also born with the gene, although they have to work harder at making the technology work. I'd like to know why there's a disparity between Shep's ability and that of the others with the natural gene.
                  You just had to ask, didn't you? This is a pet theory of mine that I've been touting for a few months now.

Check out this thread for my analysis of the ATA gene: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6&page=2&pp=20

a time to mourn

Comment

Maybe the Ancient in Sheppard's bloodline isn't as far removed as some of the other people.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

There was a discussion awhile back in the Sheppard Appreciation/Discussion thread that began as a joke but then some went. . "hmmmmm. . maybe". That theory was that Janus continued with his time travel experiments after he left Atlantis and ended up in the future as a "recent" relative of Sheppard. . .as in grandfather or something like that. That would explain why Sheppard's abilities were so much stronger than most folks.

Its a hair-brained theory but, as someone said, physical appearances aren't that different and they both have a problem with authority.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

My theory is it could be a simple matter of how each individual's mind works. Everybody's thought patterns are different. Some people think more linearly while some people's minds wander about. It's possible that the way Shep's mind works allows him to use his gene better. He may just be a more focused kind of guy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

there was a certain connection, but that might just be cos she was hot, but who knows
                          and desperate.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Interesting idea. The way the mind works... it would make sense. O'Neill can use the tech better when his brain has been rearranged by the archive devices.

personally, I think Sheps genes are Levi.
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Sheppard as an ancient? I admit that thought does have some possibilities to it. But it may also be quite possible that he just represents the next stage of our evolution. If you watch the last several eps of SG1 season 8 Oniell seems to be able to use the gene without as much as effort as say Beckett in "The Rising". He doesn't use it as easily as Sheppard but it would seem that different people seem to require different levels of concentration.
                              Teal'c "I killed you"
                              Daniel "Why?"
                              Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                              Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Working...
                              X