X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cadets from "Proving Ground"

That cadet Elliot were kill in "Last Stand" (2 episode after proving Ground)

What happen to the rest of them,4 yr had past, they are not cadet anymore.
    Can we have an episode about some young SG team?

I read an article about a propose new Star Trek series about about Star Fleet Academy , take place 5 yr after Romulan War, with character from ST:ENT as Guest star. They want to do something like O.C in space.

Can we have an episode about those young cadets from "Proving Ground"

If Jack is away in S9, Sam is missing for while, so why not get thsoe kids back
    Haley from "Prodigy" was like Sam's favorite, she was smart like a little Sam with brains and looks .

If you bring back Cassie and little Jack(the clone) , we could have a new potental spin-off.

Grogan was still alive after the Sentinal... unless he died of complications.

I don't mind them making an appearance, but don't think they can hold a series.

Comment

Oh, Lt. Grogan is alive and kicking. He was just fine at the end of The Sentinel. I have been crossing my fingers and hoping that he was part of the Atlantis expedition. He has just yet to appear on screen, but he’s there somewhere.

Grace Park who played Satterfield is currently playing Boomer on Battlestar Galactica. Hailey was never a favorite of mine, but I liked Lt. Elliot.

I don’t think they could completely carry an episode, i.e. no SG-1 members involved, much less carry a series. The writers are having a bit of a hard time writing for the original SG-1 at the moment. I seriously doubt they could make a comparable series that follows the exploits of a bunch of newbies. Especially considering they don’t let them travel off-world until a spot on a regular SG team becomes available. There is no way they would let a team of inexperienced rookies travel through the gate together. We would more likely see them traveling with their respective teams they are assigned to, which necessarily isn’t a bad thing because I enjoyed SG-13 in Heroes. It’s nice to see other teams out in the field. I enjoyed seeing other teams working with SG-1 in past seasons. Hopefully we’ll get to see that again next season.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau

I read an article about a propose new Star Trek series about about Star Fleet Academy , take place 5 yr after Romulan War, with character from ST:ENT as Guest star. They want to do something like O.C in space.

Haley from "Prodigy" was like Sam's favorite, she was smart like a little Sam with brains and looks .

If you bring back Cassie and little Jack(the clone) , we could have a new potental spin-off.
        starfleet academy is bull****, there is no new star trek series coming

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          We would more likely see them traveling with their respective teams they are assigned to, which necessarily isn’t a bad thing because I enjoyed SG-13 in Heroes. It’s nice to see other teams out in the field. I enjoyed seeing other teams working with SG-1 in past seasons. Hopefully we’ll get to see that again next season.
          I loved the interactions of SG-13. They weren't on screen a significant amount of time, but they had wonderful chemistry and presence. In general, I think there is significant opportunity to explore more teams and different team dynamics. I keep thinking that the fanfiction world has done a wonderful job with creating special-purpose teams while the actual show has flopped at showing us variations on the theme with the one exception being SG-13.

The fanfiction world has diplomats, search & rescue, science, technology etc - all teams with a special purspose. The writers also show us regular glimpses at SG-3 and the other "marine back-up" teams, but they never get significant play.

I was so sad about Elliot because there was so much potential for his character. The series in general is rich with characters that have only been used once or twice and could be brought back more regularly. I would love to see Hailey and Grogan involved in some way in Season 9 -- even if it isn't off-world.
          Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
          two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

I would like to see something about the cadets in s9, but i kind of felt like that story was pretty much done. but perhaps one of them could make a guest appearance in the next season on an SG team of their own. is the actress that plays Sharon "BOOMER" Valeri on BSG the same actress as Satterfield from "Proving Ground"?
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Yes, as already was mentionned in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                It was an April fools day joke.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Well, they are probably their own SG team by now. Or they have been added to different, already-operating ones. The second is more likely, as they wouldn't have much field experience, which is crucial to any operation.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau

Grace Park was great in Proving Ground. She brought so much humanity
                    to her novice character...with the same intensity to Boomer in the new
                    BSG now. (Which is driving the major plots of the critically aclaimed show!)

I think it is one of SG1's best episodes to date....too bad it did not become
                    a series.
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I think that Ford in SGA should have been Grogin. It would have been a character we already know who's character was more established. They also might have given him more attention. That would have saved us from having to look at that dreadlocked baywatch weirdo (Ronon Dex) every week nex season and beyond.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        the o.c. in space thing is a joke, but the Star Trek PTB have said that they are working on a new series but its not gonna be for several years till we see anything. also starfleet academy was an idea that has been seriously considered before so who knows what might happen?

Comment

i think the young one of sg-1 could hold there own in a fight, i think a great episode would be to find the oree trying to put a rift in SG-1 by making there younger counter parts hate them! imagine,if you will; cassie,ryac,little oniel, and haley brainwashed and then being set on sg-1. oooo this is a bit off topic, but that would make a fantastic 200th episode!
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                          X