This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Will It Take To Win?

What Will It Take To Stop The Domination Of The Wraith. End The Slaughter Of Humans. Granted We Will Have A Zpm Now But Will It Unlock Doors To Technology We Need To Win

Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word Is A Good Start.

There's got to be some ability to actually wage war against the Wraith before there's any hope of victory. As the Ancients couldn't win even with Atlantis powered by three ZPMs, I doubt that the expedition obtaining one will do more than secure their position.

a time to mourn

Comment

We need numbers, ships especially, a lot more than we have now. I don't think defeating them outright is even in the cards at this point in time. If they did start coming to the MW we'd be better off trying to divert their attention onto one of our more advanced enemies in some way.

Honestly though the best thing they can probably do now is try to find out how to restart Atlantis hyperdrives and fly in back to our galaxy. Just leave the Wraith to do what they do in Pegasus for the time being. If we gain massive amounts of tech advancement from Atlantis (now situated at the bottem of the atlantic) then we can go back to Pegasus and beat them down while they're sleeping in a few decades or something, if we still feel it necessary.

We have time on our side. Ours isn't the race that's on the brink of starvation since food's running out. If we take Atlantis and its advanced tech out of the picture we can all just chill back here in the MW and watch them squabble over scraps, maybe even go back and wake them up early again after this feeding cycle is complete to be really mean.

Comment

Nah more simple than any of that. 'Thor can u make the wraith a human cloning faclity so they dont have to kill us any more, thanks'

See simple and diplomatic.

Comment

Roughly 60 or more Hive ships destroyed. (winks)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

My guess is it will take anywhere from 4-7 more seasons to find the answer to this question...maybe thats just me thinking.
            sigpic

Comment

As much as I like the wraith right now, I think that after 4 or 5 season they will become a little stale. The wraith are very scary, but I don't think that they will have the longevity of the Goa'uld. It think that we'll never really beat them, just at some point they will all go back into hibernation and we'll only see every once in a while. At this time, a new enemy will be introduced.

Perfecto!

Comment

bubble gum.

Comment

well it will also be interesting to see how our relationship with the genii pans out. could get a lot worse or improve. i think atlantis went off into the deep end, they are already having a major battle so it will be interesting to see how it pans out as SG! weren't so in danger or impending doom this early on. A lack of food does seem interesting, perhaps they will come after Atlantis with a vengeance i.e. if this assault doesn't work, come back with five ships, then eight then 11 etc etc. I think Atlantis as a series won't be able to go on an offensive against the Wraith I think they will be very defensive. One reason that suggests that is Sheppard in a spoiler has to remain hidden from wraith on another planet, it seems the wraith think the destroyed atlantis. Perhaps they sunk atlantis again which suggests the ZPM survives. Perhaps the daedalus does not survive. A more drastic thing could be that the DAedalus survives and Atlantis does not and the daedalus people are hiding on the mainland of atlantis under the ship's cloak. They may have had to sink Atlantis without a shield...? If they survive the attack with Atlantis intact the first thing i would do is open a wormhole to earth for about ten minutes and be broadcasting the entire database. Mckay could fit a lot into 1.3 seconds so 10 mins or less should do it. And as they aren't actually sending anything physical through it shouldnt take up as much energy. Even the ZPM from Taonas was not full so an entirely full ZPM should enable Atlantis to do so much with it.

Comment

Upon pondering on the thoughts on Ganjaman, a notion hit me.

One of the reasons that Stargate Atlantis is so successful in comparison to Stargate SG-1 (which has begun to lose its luster) is the concept of impending doom. "The Wraith are coming!!!!" Its the thought that they will be on Atlantis; hiding. And fighting till the last man that excites many so much.

Therefore, the show will probably stay on the defensive. However, according to spoilers of Duet, Atlantis, I think will seem to be destroyed so that the Wraith dont keep attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
                      What Will It Take To Stop The Domination Of The Wraith. End The Slaughter Of Humans. Granted We Will Have A Zpm Now But Will It Unlock Doors To Technology We Need To Win
                      We're going to have to starve them to death or find a way to ween them off of human....because you know how bad human is for you. I mean look at them. They're all fat and greasy.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

I think that the Genii had a good plan but for active Wraiths, I don't know if we really have a hope other then accidents and luck, like SG-1 did at first.
                        'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

One way they can beat the Wraith is to build a fleet of ships with Asgard engines and just evacuate all of Pegasus.

Comment

What will it take to win? A whole lot of Heart
                            My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
                              What will it take to win? A whole lot of Heart
                              Agreed-also, unbending intent.

Comment

Working...
                              X