X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate rumors (for UK viewers really)

i have three questions?

1) i live in the uk and there is alot of rumors saying that Sky One will show season 8 in august or maybe july (not like september like previous seasons), according to several forums, so is this true i think it might be, as far as i know the end of season 7 was the first time the uk got the series finale before america did, so this might show that the rights have changed as far as the uk is concerned (maybe becasue sky offered more money), but sky have not ran any ads saying this all i have heard is that Sky have the rights for season 8.
    However talknig to stargate fans who work for Telewest they said they emailed sky and according to them they said that july or august could be right, so when i e-mailed sky and they said they had no word on dates and times could they be keeping it shoot and wait until it airs in america what do you all think?

2) ok this concerns the season 7 region 2 dvd box set, soem websites say 28th June and some say March 2005, but where do these companies get the info of March 2005 from? I emailed play.com and they said there date is not officail so is this false advertising.
    Also on antoher thread someone said the box set cant be released until channel 4 starts to show season 7, this is the only way of getting the DVD's but by the time this comes out all the volumes will be out just not in the fancy box i cant see the difference, i not long really got in to stargate but would to not make sense to give the last volume of season 7 then release them all in a box set the same day is this how they did it in the past?.
    So when will MGM announce it, does anyone know when MGM will next announce there next lot of DVDs it might have some news. Just thinknig now releasing season 7 late might also be another way to show season 8 earlier, it might be in the contract.

last but not least

3) several people have emailed sky and they say that they do not have the rights to stargate atlantis, do you all think that they will end with the rights and contracts talks are already underway, or do you think the rumors of BBC or Channel 4 getting it are believeable?

Sorry had to see if anyone had any news on this, please try to give me detailed answers if you can on all my questions.

1. As far as anyone knows, Sky One will resume their standard broadcasting around the second week of September like they normally do. If we're lucky we sometimes get it on the first week. I have too read people saying that we may recieve it in July/August just a few days/weeks behind the US. As far as I'm concerned, if Sky haven't said anything then they won't anytime soon. They won't start advertising until the new season actually begins airing. Now we don't see any show advertising for their new seasons like months in advance, and in this case it won't be any different

2. Why are they doing this? It's strange really. Some say March next year, some say towards the end of next month. Nothing is yet official. I am guessing that it will be next year because Channel 4 won't like a show they're about to air be available for purchase before they even start broadcasting

3. If anyone is to get the rights to Atlantis, it will be Sky. If it's not Sky then it will be Channel 4 or more likley E4. No company has more than Sky. The BBC, they won't buy Atlantis. They tend to stick to their shows and budgets. All in all, Sky will get everything. Take a look yourself, what brand new shows that are airing in the US do we see on Channel 4 or the BBC?

Hope that is detailed enough
    __

__

Comment

I live in America and we will get the DVD in the fall I think. The UK always get's it before us, so you should be getting it this year.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

These rumours are caused by one thing: stupidity Idiots (And that's what they are, idiots ) read that SG-1 starts July 9th (Which is on The SciFi Channel in the US) and then they go to a board and someone asks "When will Sky One show Season 8?" and then come in with their genious comment "Well, I read they're doing it in July!!!! 1 M 733+ d00dz!!!" or something equally annoying

If someone says they work in Telewest, or have an "inside source", don't believe him (or her)

And Sky One ALWAYS show the second half of a season before SciFi. Just because you only noticed it this year doesn't mean otherwise.

And emails to Sky say they haven't done anything about Atlantis yet! YET! Have you not seen High Fidelity?

(Now, I'm sorry if you thought I was shouting at you, it's not your fault, it's the idiots who posted that stuff )

Comment

Posted by Teal'c

These rumours are caused by one thing: stupidity Idiots (And that's what they are, idiots ) read that SG-1 starts July 9th (Which is on The SciFi Channel in the US) and then they go to a board and someone asks "When will Sky One show Season 8?" and then come in with their genious comment "Well, I read they're doing it in July!!!! 1 M 733+ d00dz!!!" or something equally annoying

If someone says they work in Telewest, or have an "inside source", don't believe him (or her)

And Sky One ALWAYS show the second half of a season before SciFi. Just because you only noticed it this year doesn't mean otherwise.

And emails to Sky say they haven't done anything about Atlantis yet! YET! Have you not seen High Fidelity?

(Now, I'm sorry if you thought I was shouting at you, it's not your fault, it's the idiots who posted that stuff )

Simular to what I said. Sky are highly unlikely to change their broadcasting times and routines. We'll get it in September as normal and Channel 4 will get season seven in September, as normal. There will be no change. These are just rumours
          __

__

Comment

i hope channel 4 get atlantis. Id prefer BBC (But as stated above, pretty much thtey only show there own stuff), but channel 4 is the next best thing. I sort of have a respect for alot of their programming, alot of the descent or funny stuff thats on in the UK, and on terrestrial (and sometimes otherwise) is on channel 4. Its a sweet channel, they hardly ever seem to go off air either, something on all night long!

Comment

I very much doubt channel 4 have anything to do with the release for the DVDs as even though the boxset won't be out until after they've got the show on air the individual volumes will all be out from about the end of this month. I'd imagine it's more likley a MGM market test to see if they make more on the individual volumes by prosponing the boxset, as long as people don't start caving in and shelling out for all the individuals we'll probably see the boxset sometime in august/september like season 6.

As for Alantis I think we all know it's fairly safe to say SkyOne won't risk the rights for it going elsewhere unless it completly bombs in the US. They know that if they broadcast it directly after SG1 in the upcoming schudle then no fan of SG1 is gonna change channels in between, unless theres football scores that need looking at. Also I really hope it isn't showen on terrestrial TV. Channel 4 will put it on at either a stupidly late or early hour like 2am on a sat or 10am on T4 on sun, i'm either asleep, working or drunk in either scenerio. And I can just imagine the BBC, 'And you can see Stargate: Alantis again in 4 weeks due to a minor sporting event that should really be on Sky Sports any way, oh and then after 2 weeks of showing it we're gonna take another 4 week break for our traditional x-mas schudle of repeats'.

Comment

Rest assured that we will proabably get the boxset a few weeks after the final single volume DVD is released. That's the normal procedure

As a response to Atlantis, Sky are bound to get it. No other network has as much money as Sky and no other network will want to risk a single show like that without the original show
                __

__

Comment

so anibus u think hte box set will be out around the begining of july or mid-july, you said that u expect march 2005 like some people are saying

Comment

Quite right whitewizard. But it seems my estimations were wrong. I was looking a details of other boxsets released by MGM and it seems as soon as the final single volume is realeased between two and three months later the entrie season boxset arrives/ships to stores. My guess is anytime soon just hopefully not next year!
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      Quite right whitewizard. But it seems my estimations were wrong. I was looking a details of other boxsets released by MGM and it seems as soon as the final single volume is realeased between two and three months later the entrie season boxset arrives/ships to stores. My guess is anytime soon just hopefully not next year!

Me too cuz DVD's are much better to make videos with ...quality scenes

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

DVD's a great quality. They outstand more than VHS. The best thing about DVD, they never wear out. If you have a scratch on one, you can get it removed. With VHS, the more you use it the more the tape gets worn out
                        __

__

Comment

DVD's a great quality. They outstand more than VHS. The best thing about DVD, they never wear out. If you have a scratch on one, you can get it removed. With VHS, the more you use it the more the tape gets worn out
                          Also, you can make better quality screencaps with the DVD's, and thats a big plus for me
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Screencaps. Yes, that's another reason
                            __

__

Comment

Screencaps. Yes, that's another reason
                              Yummy screencaps... Ok, that wasn't right... Haha...
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X