This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the repository

Do you guys think that Atlantis has perhaps a repository of the Ancients.And if an Asgard could become a habitant of Atlantis than he could remove it at some time or let the take the knowledge inside his brain since it is big enough
    But I think there might be a repository in Atlantis,what do you guys think about it?Maybe they'll find it in season 2 or so?Hihi Image if Carson got all the knowledge downloaded inside his brain
    Lord Zedd

Firstly IMHO the repository was created after the ancients left Atlantis and as for asgard removing the knowledge I think he/she could transfer it to computer.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

i think the big ancient database in atlantis is the repository
      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

yeah the mentioned in letters from Pegasus that they were able to send about a third of it back to the SGC. I think that the biggest problem that they have is decoding and translating the data. If the Asgard did take up residence on atlantis they may be able to help use the data better.

Comment

I doubt that they could send back a third of it in the second they had to open the gate and for the storage size of the SGC hard drives...Spoilers for THe Siege

When Weir asked the Zlianka(sp?) about how much of the Ancient Database they could save and take with them didnt he say about 8%?

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
            i think the big ancient database in atlantis is the repository
            you got it
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

it is indeed the same data as the repository, problem is the repository was heavily encoded and really only meant for implantation into a mind.

The asgard were already hugely advanced before they found the rock (Repository Of anCient Knowledge) and were part of the allied 4 but according to thor they found a rock and learnt alot from it and they barely scratched the surface of it.

They have access to the data in low encryption form via atlantis which I think is a very interesting prospect to the asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                it is indeed the same data as the repository, problem is the repository was heavily encoded and really only meant for implantation into a mind.

The asgard were already hugely advanced before they found the rock (Repository Of anCient Knowledge) and were part of the allied 4 but according to thor they found a rock and learnt alot from it and they barely scratched the surface of it.

They have access to the data in low encryption form via atlantis which I think is a very interesting prospect to the asgard.
                Umm, why would they put a repository in their own city??
                Remember, they left, planning to come back.
                HTe repositories were to pass on info after they ascended.
                Therefore, not likely to be a face-grabber style repository in Atlantis.

Comment

well maybe we will come across the race who it was meant for because in the Fifth race the asgard said it wasn't meant for us and as for taking the anicient repository and storing it into a computer well the asgard have done that before with a small portion and they are still studying it and they have barely scratched the surface.
                  i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                    Umm, why would they put a repository in their own city??
                    Where did I say that they did? I was talking about the atlantis database... it contains the same data that the repository of ancient knowledge does.

Comment

yep the repository of ancient knowledge is basically an ancient database so we have the same knowledge in atlantis database but its not actually a repository except techinically it is (based on definition of a repository). oragans what asgard there meant is not that it wasn't for humans but not for us humans as we were then, basically our brains haven't evolved enough to handle it yet though o'neill is quite advanced so he made it to Ida to get help. Also they did not send a third of the ancient database back, didn't send it period. They sent their own info that they had learnt and put on their own computers in the 0.3 of a second and use the other 1 second for video footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                        yep the repository of ancient knowledge is basically an ancient database so we have the same knowledge in atlantis database but its not actually a repository except techinically it is (based on definition of a repository). oragans what asgard there meant is not that it wasn't for humans but not for us humans as we were then, basically our brains haven't evolved enough to handle it yet though o'neill is quite advanced so he made it to Ida to get help. Also they did not send a third of the ancient database back, didn't send it period. They sent their own info that they had learnt and put on their own computers in the 0.3 of a second and use the other 1 second for video footage.
                        they sent back 7%
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

nope, 7% is what zelenka told weir they could back up onto disk from the ancient database, this was in siege part 1 I believe (possibly part 2). In letters from pegasus, McKay told weir "everything" she replied astonished "everything?" I could go on but I think I've made my point adn where you are comfusing yourself.

Summary: They sent back everything on the human computer systems. They can back up 7-8% of entire ancient database.

Comment

Having us back-up 7% of a 50 Million year old database is pathetic. Crystals store ALOT more information then magnetic hard drives. I sure hope they meant 7% of what they've decoded, which would be like 0.00000000000000000001% or something. I doubt that Earth could take 7% of the Ancients knowledge when the Asgard only got a fraction of it.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              Having us back-up 7% of a 50 Million year old database is pathetic. Crystals store ALOT more information then magnetic hard drives. I sure hope they meant 7% of what they've decoded, which would be like 0.00000000000000000001% or something. I doubt that Earth could take 7% of the Ancients knowledge when the Asgard only got a fraction of it.

They could store 7% of it on all of the hard drives they had. Not decode it(if its in code), translate it, and understand it. Why don't you do me a favor, look at every single file on your computer and then get back to me after u have read every letter of every word and understood it. You wouldnt get back to me for over 20 years.

Now imagine that was in code, and in Spanish, Portuguese or Russian. Now you're in the Asgards postion. Wait, first you have to multiply the information on the hard drive but a number I can't even concieve.

Comment

Working...
                              X