This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis ZPM production facility...

If there isn't one, at ALL... It would be incredibly inconceivable..!!!

I mean, really... How are you going to just pack up, and leave your entire civilization in your big city/spaceship and NOT have the means to build your very own ZPM's??? Impossible!!! There HAS to be some facility on Atlantis (and they just haven't found it yet; BIG city and all...) where they can build more ZPM's.

...And lest we forget... They'd also have to have some means of building more drones (a.k.a.- glowing jellyfish of doom) Me?... I'm thinking all the answers to the expedition team's problems is already there on Atlantis, they just haven't had a chance to find everything yet.

After all, how do you build a CITY (not JUST a ship), and NOT give it the means to produce ZPM's and Drones??? For the life of me, I just can't see it. It just doesn't make sense. The Ancients had to produce them SOMEWHERE..! Why not on Atlantis? It was, afterall, they're base of operations.

PLEASE, tell me I'm not the only one thinking this...!!!
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

The production of ZPM's could have been handled off-world. The Ancients could have just stockpiled them when they left Earth, then set up production off-world again when they reached the new planet.

But good point, you gotta wonder where they got their power from. And what do the puddlejumpers run on? Do they have rechargable batteries and are just plugged back in when they return from missions?

Comment

That’s a great point!
      If the whole point of the Pegasus expedition is to seed life and thereby create Ancient outposts, there has to be some way on making ZPM’s. After all ZPM’s are the major power source for the Ancients. It make sense that they would have some way to produce as many ZPM’s as they need and when they need them.

Comment

yeah but if a zpm can last 4 thousand years......how many do u really need to make!!

im sure there are production facilities somewhere in the galaxy...err...universe....i bet the designs are in the ancient database but i mean think about it...its the equivilant of a caveman finding the plans to build a cd player.....just cause u have the plans doesnt mean u have the understanding.
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I've been wondering about this myself.... after all logically almost every planet that was protected or colonized by the ancients (b4 the wraith war) would have had at least 1 zpm so that does mean a large production base... If there is danger in producing a zpm then that may well be 'offworld' and if so most likely destroyed by the wraith 10000 years ago... after all that would give a large tactical advantage even when the power sources last eons it means no additional resources can be put into use....

Comment

It comes down to Self sufficiency. A city of that size has to be, I meen what happens if god forbid they got cut off from their manufacturing centers off world, they would be screwed. So logically you have to have the ability to produce the means to power and defend you city on site. The SGA team may not be able to find it yet because of power issues. Also the Ancients may have some sort of security system in place to prevent them from finding it, because you don't want just any one to be able to walk through a weapons production facility.

Comment

We know very little about the ZPMs at all. It may even have been the furlings who created them and gave the ancients a pile which was large enough considering the huge power output of each one. They do say in Siege 2 that they havent discovered most of the city and they keep to the existing zones to conserve energy so it may indeed be there as the throne room/chair was. I don't know however if they would have had a drone maker there as otherwise they could just sit there with their shield on, shooting drones at every wraith ship that came a crawlin, i think they are limited like our missiles compared to our huge supplies of bullets.

Of course simply finding a ZPM maker is silly because it would destroy SG1 as well as Atlantis. Both series have kept their feeling of impending doom by not havign ZPMs with which to defend themselves. Otherwise Earth could send a few thousand drones to Atlantis or Atlantis could just be flown out of Pegasus to MW out of the Wraith's reach as they wouldn't be abel to feed in between and they can't travel intergalactic.

Comment

Spoilers****

About the ZPM...also consider that in the ep where Weir went back in time, that Janis gave her a list of ZPM's that might help her...not he told us how to make them or where they could find alot of them in Atlantis...but like a list of 5 or 6...however, dircetions on how to make them would be helpful

Comment

Its might be something that only an advanced startship or fleet of starships working together was cabable of. Maybe they needed a dual starsystem for the right conditions needed to exist for ZPM production. The conditions for ZPM production may have been the same conditions that would prevent life in certain systems. Perhaps only during a superrnova or something of the sort.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

I still think that you need to be an ancient to understand how to make one or at least have a clear understanding of zp physics IE know it back to front then look at the designs in the db.

We saw on numerous occasions Jack having the urge to build stuff from hand, so I think that the ancients don't have a manufacturing plant but moreso they make them by hand using the knowledge from thier database.

Comment

Wasn't the power source Jack used to get to the asgards homeworld, when he had the Ancientknowledge downloaded in his brain, a similardesign orrudamentary versionofa ZPM? Persumeably Area51 has been studying it for however long since they used it, are they no farther along in understanding it?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy
                        Wasn't the power source Jack used to get to the asgards homeworld, when he had the Ancientknowledge downloaded in his brain, a similardesign orrudamentary versionofa ZPM? Persumeably Area51 has been studying it for however long since they used it, are they no farther along in understanding it?
                        No, we mostly believe that it was some sort of advanced naquadah reactor because it used the naquadah from the staff weapon to power the gate not zero point energy as a ZPM does. And it is burnt out at this point.
                        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the know how to make ZPMs, well maybe not. Let me refrase, they have the instructions.

In "Siege Part I", Dr. Weir said, while thinking of what to send, "How do I choose whether to send ZPM schematics or instructions on how to Ascend to Earth?" Or something of the sorts.

Comment

Her line was: "How do I choose between Zero Point Module research and their work on ascension?... Between weapons schematics and their notes on space travel?"

So, taking it for face value, it's not necessarily instructions on how to make them, but only information on how they work. At least that's how I see it. But, hmm, they could know how to make 'em... just no materials/facilities... so, yeah!

Comment

Jack had the knowledge to make one yet he chose to travel halfway across the galaxy in a modified cargo ship to retrieve a half charged/possibly not even there anymore ZPM. All to power the chair at Antarctica against Anubis.
                              I say making them even with the full knowlegde of the ancients is not an easy task.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Working...
                              X