Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wraith and humans and Krispy kreame donuts..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wraith and humans and Krispy kreame donuts..

Ok I have a question which I was just wondering can the wraith eat food? I mean they have mouths, do they have stomachs, they have had dead wraith what are their insides like if they have stomachs then they can eat. I would like to know that

Also if they harvest humans, do they try to fatten them up would that have any effect on their feeding would a really plum person provide more life energy?
    Would be interesting to know, especially to know if they wraith could get nourishment from food.

Well, we learned in 'The Gift' that a Wraith scientist was basically trying to genetically engineer humans that 'tasted better'. But these experiments failed, and resulted in humans with powers like Teyla has (The ability to sense the Wraith). As far as eating food with the mouth, they wouldn't need to. They get all they need from human life force. (When Atlantis first premeired, it said on Gateworld that the Wraith were basically beings that fed on humans, and it didn't elaborate. I went into the series thinking that they literaly ate humans alive.)
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

As the wraith evolved from humans they probally have the digestive tract but it isn't functional. Their feeding ability came from their bug parasitic ability. So no Krispy Kreme for the Wraith Their loss.
      Last edited by Freyrs; 05 April 2005, 02:50 PM.
      Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

yeah, the species probably just hasn't used the digestive system for so long, it becomes useless, kind of like the appendix in humans.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          yeah, the species probably just hasn't used the digestive system for so long, it becomes useless, kind of like the appendix in humans.

But what was our appendix used for to befine with, heh heh.

Ok if the do it would be interesting to find out if it still worked. Even if they dont need to.

Comment

The appendix was used to digest things that the stomach cannot(dirt, bark). But as humans began to farm more and more, and cook, we didn't eat that stuff so much anymore. Thus, the appendix lost it's survival value, and eventually stopped working.

Comment

They must be able to eat solid food because there's no way to grow from a baby Wraith to a full grown adult Wraith without intaking additional organic mass. This also applies to things like hair growth, nail growth and that nifty insta heal thing they can do.

So there's two options

-Given that they evolved sharp teeth, a feature present on neither the bug nor the humans that they evolved from, it would seem that those teeth came into being for a reason. Therefore Wraith sometimes need to eat like humans though probably not nearly as much or as often.

-Wraith can transmute the energy from their lifel sucking process into matter in their stomachs to facilitate growth and regeneration. Even with my laymans understanding of physics and biology I would hope no one seriously considers this as the more reasonable explanation of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                -Given that they evolved sharp teeth, a feature present on neither the bug nor the humans that they evolved from, it would seem that those teeth came into being for a reason. Therefore Wraith sometimes need to eat like humans though probably not nearly as much or as often.

-Wraith can transmute the energy from their lifel sucking process into matter in their stomachs to facilitate growth and regeneration. Even with my laymans understanding of physics and biology I would hope no one seriously considers this as the more reasonable explanation of the two.
                Good points!

Comment

I read on some random site; and seemed like a good idea when reading it;
                  that someone had come up with the reason behind the big sharp scarey teeth: fear.
                  The Wraith seem to bang on about fear a lot... maybe when humans are crapping themselves they taste better?
                  Adrenaline-junkie Wraith tee hee
                  Ses
                  James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Working...
                  X