PDA

View Full Version : BSG: Favorite and Least favorite Character

Icemancmd
April 4th, 2005, 11:27 PM
My favorite has to be Commander Adamo (sp?). Hes got such control and power over the fleet. He rocks!

Least: The President (Mind is drawing a blank what her name is). She annoys me sometimes..dont know why. Maybe because she has no damn personality!

spg_1983
April 4th, 2005, 11:32 PM
My favorite has to be Commander Adamo (sp?). Hes got such control and power over the fleet. He rocks!

Least: The President (Mind is drawing a blank what her name is). She annoys me sometimes..dont know why. Maybe because she has no damn personality!
colonel tighs wife has to be my least favorite and my favorite is tied between appollo and starbuck

Major Tyler
April 5th, 2005, 12:10 AM
My favorite is a tie between Apollo and President Roslin.

My least favorites are Mrs. Tigh and Bimbo-bot.

Ouroboros
April 5th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Favorites

Adama, Tigh, Six, Roslin, Baltar, Zarek, Callie

Meh

Lee, Starbuck, Chief

Hate

Boomer(both versions)

D.C.
April 5th, 2005, 01:16 AM
I like all the characters. We're only up to episode seven in Australia, though.

LoneStar1836
April 5th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Do I have to just have one favorite? :P

Commander Adama, Starbuck, Lee, Baltar, Six, Helo, Boomer 1 & 2, President Roslin, Billy, Dualla, Lt. Gaeta, Chief Tyrol, Socinus, Cally, Crashdown, Col. Tigh, Ellen, Zarek, Leoben….....you get the picture. Need I go on. ;)

Least favorite: Third crewman on the left. Oh and the priestess lady (not quite sure I trust her or not) and the security sergeant that went after Commander Adama in “Litmus”.

Blue Banrigh
April 5th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Favourites would have to be Lee and Adama, but I pretty much like most of the cast.

Don't really have a least favourite, but will go with 'Hellion' Tigh. :D

Vala
April 5th, 2005, 04:12 AM
My favorite is Gaius Baltar and My least favorite is Apollo... although having said that I am totaly in love with the Roslin/Apollo Mother/Son type relationship.

FoolishPleasure
April 5th, 2005, 07:01 AM
I don't like Tigh's wife. . .but I don't think we are supposed to like her. ;)

Baltar gets on my nerves - I'm not sure if I really like him, or not. *shaking head* I'm so confused! :D

I don't care for Helo at all.

Fav. . .Adama. EJO does a terrific job! Also like Starbuck - though not at first. By the end of the season you realize just how much mental baggage she is carrying around (and what a good actress Katie S. is).

BruTak
April 5th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Love: Cally - Chief Tyrol's li'l deck monkey girl. Probably cos she looks so cute. :)

Hate: Billy whatsisname - Rosiln's aide. Cos he's an oily git, only lookin' to get into Duala's knickers... :eek:

Skydiver
April 5th, 2005, 07:39 AM
baltar is both the favoire and most annoying.

he's interesting in that he's so conflicted...but you know, i'm getting sick and tired of him always talking his way out of everything. It's what i call JR syndrome and why i stopped watching dallas years ago (don't ask how many)

in Dallas, jr ALWAYS got away with being a jerk. Always. i got so sick and tired of that that i stopped watching.

right now, baltar is teetering on that line. he's acted nuts in front of a ton of people and it's annoying me that no one is calling him on it

Madeleine
April 5th, 2005, 07:56 AM
I like Apollo and Tigh best. Especially when one or more is arguing with Adama. Starbuck's not far behind.

My least favourite at the moment is that priest woman. I think I'd like her more if it ever were to be suggested that she has an Agenda or that she's in any way dishonest, but at the moment she's anodyne; and none of the other characters are anodyne.

BruTak
April 5th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Sometimes Galactica Boomer gets right up my nose...

keshou
April 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM
This is a great ensemble cast and it's difficult to pick a "favorite character" at this point.

Baltar is fascinating. Although I agree that it's odd everyone doesn't notice he's a complete fruitcake - I figure they just chalk it up to him being the genius/eccentric type.

I didn't care for Starbuck that much in the miniseries but she's quickly become a favorite. CylonBoomer is really interesting. I like all the supporting characters a lot - Chief, Tigh, Helo, Callie, Dualla, Gaeta.

EJO is fab as Adama. I'm coming around to liking Apollo - didn't care for him that much early on. Ditto with Roslin.

Well, I'm not doing a good job picking a "favorite" am I? :p

Least favorite character? I've got it! Ellen Tigh. She annoys me - as in "I want to change the channel when she's on". ;)

Egeria
April 5th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Favourite: Six, with Baltar a close second.

Least Favourite: Don't really have any but at a push i'd say Tigh

MartoufMarty
April 5th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I don't have a least favorite character. I don't really watch the show exactly all the time, but I love the one doctor guy (see, I forget his name...)

LordAnubis
April 5th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Fave: President Rosyln and Commander Adama, in the lead, with Apollo and Starbuck coming in second.

Least: Dr. Baltar and Billy (snivelling little weasel).

Vala
April 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I don't have a least favorite character. I don't really watch the show exactly all the time, but I love the one doctor guy (see, I forget his name...)
The Dr. Guy is probably Gaius Baltar... he's the best because he's crazy and that tends to be a trend in my favorite characters.

MartoufMarty
April 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
The Dr. Guy is probably Gaius Baltar... he's the best because he's crazy and that tends to be a trend in my favorite characters.
The crazy and unstable ones are the coolest (him, Wesley, Spike :P)

Vorlon-1
April 5th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Baltar is definately the most Entertaining. When he is on screen I know its important to the story and going to be unique in its delivery. I'll always cheer Starbuck, Love the reckless hero types. Least favorite is the bratty assistent to Rosylen. Acts more important than he really is, like his opinions actually matter :rolleyes:

Vala
April 5th, 2005, 12:16 PM
The crazy and unstable ones are the coolest (him, Wesley, Spike :P)
Exactly! Not to mention Dru ;) ! LOL

MartoufMarty
April 5th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Exactly! Not to mention Dru ;) ! LOL
Oh yeah, Dru is one of the best. :P

Vala
April 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
hey MM, love that Spike quote in your sig... it's like an all time great quote LOL!

newton4881
April 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
starbuck is my favorite. tyrol, apollo, tigh. adama, gaeta, and boomer are under them.

baltar, and six are my least favorite

Icemancmd
April 5th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Wow..im the only one who dislikes the president. Close behind her would have been Boomer on the fleet. She annoyed me a lot...before she shot Adama as well of course.

shovar
April 6th, 2005, 12:52 AM
i hate the President and the security woman in Litmus

i like Lee, Starbuck,Chief and Billy, but my favourite character is the crazy Gaius

MartoufMarty
April 6th, 2005, 06:12 AM
hey MM, love that Spike quote in your sig... it's like an all time great quote LOL!
Hehe. I love that Wesley quote in your sig!

Vala
April 6th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Hehe. I love that Wesley quote in your sig!

haha, me too. thanks :)

shovar
April 6th, 2005, 07:48 AM
it's good, but not as good as my Xander quote! :D

MartoufMarty
April 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM
it's good, but not as good as my Xander quote! :D
Oh yeah, that is hilarious. I forget what episode that is from though. It seems farmilliar...

Anyways um... That doctor guy is cool. He's all... crazy. :) He better not die... I'd have no real reason to watch... Okay, I will, but... I'll be sad...

Vala
April 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, that is hilarious. I forget what episode that is from though. It seems farmilliar...

Anyways um... That doctor guy is cool. He's all... crazy. :) He better not die... I'd have no real reason to watch... Okay, I will, but... I'll be sad...
I agree I actuly doubt I would watch it if he died.

dec55
April 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Boomer, Both versions!!!! This character makes the show for me!!!

In fact in the mini series and the 1st season she tends to make the story
just fantastic!!!

I hope Grace Park gets an Emmy for her great performances!!!!

In fact Boomer is such a great character she just raises the whole show to
a excellent intense drama.....and brings all the characters into a favorable
light in my opinion.

aussie_gal
April 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM
. tyrol, boomer and Helo are my favourites
But i really dont like Tigh and six

BruTak
April 7th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Got a soft spot for Tyrol as well.
Mainly cos on Military themed Sci-Fi shows, you don't often get an NCO as a regular character (Chief O'Brien being the exeption), it's nice to see "the little people" so to speak.

But also because my father is a former Petty Officer in the British Merchant Navy. :)

Lexx
April 8th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Love: Six, Roslin, Cally, Adama.

Like: Boomer (both), Starbuck, Baltar, Helo, Billy, Gaeta, Crashdown, Tigh.

Dislike: Ellen Tigh (hate!), Sergeant "I'm a crazy witch-hunter" Hadrian, and Apollo (right now he's too whiny. if he stops complaining maybe he'll grow on me).

Everyone else I'm neutral on.

My least favourite at the moment is that priest woman. I think I'd like her more if it ever were to be suggested that she has an Agenda or that she's in any way dishonest, but at the moment she's anodyne; and none of the other characters are anodyne.
My absolutely 100% crazy speculation is that she's a Cylon. And all the religious prohpecy stuff she's feeding Roslin is to further the Cylon goal of (at least I think this is their plan) having the Colonials lead them to Earth.

tsaxlady
April 9th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Okay Favorites: Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace & CPO Chief Tyrol

Really don't like Col. Tigh's wife

spg_1983
April 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM
lol does anyone actually like col. tigh's wife? no one on the show likes her either, especially adama. what does tigh see in her anyways?

Liebestraume
April 9th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Favoite: Lee, because he is willing to risk everything important to him for his belief.

Despise: Ellen Tigh (but it's obvious what Col. Tigh sees in her, spg_1983 :D)

BruTak
April 12th, 2005, 06:47 AM
lol does anyone actually like col. tigh's wife? no one on the show likes her either, especially adama. what does tigh see in her anyways?
Love is blind - but in Col. Tigh's case it must be deaf, dumb and stipid as well.

Someone once pointed out that Ellen Tigh looks like she could be Number Six's mother... :eek:

Darth Buddha
April 30th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I really liked Saul Tighe until his wife appeared... I'm a sucker for characters that seek and acheive redemption.

Therefore I really despise his wife, as she seems to be dragging him into the pit that the catastrophe of the colonies' destruction had shocked him out of. In the long run, though, she may make Saul all the more interesting for it, so I really can't say I "hate" the character either (I don't "hate" characters generally - unless they are really poorly written).

TameFarrar
April 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM
oh my goodness..I really like William Adama, Lee, Kara and Roslin
but I also really like the Chief, Boomer and all of the minor characters.... the Dr and Six have grown on me over the first season...Sometimes I feel the Dr is a little over the top..but I reserve judgement until I see more of the stories unfold in S2.

I am not overly fond of Ellen or the Richard Hatch character. Partly I am sure because they have elements that I find very icky...but also because I find Ellen somewhat of a slimy character and with the Richard Hatch character I find him somewhat inconsistant in the writing and the way he has been played.

the Fifth Race
April 30th, 2005, 09:33 AM
My favorite BSG character is from the original series...Beelzebub, the red cylon who was second in command. That shiny red suit and his aptly named character were pure evilicious :D

CKO
April 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM
love: gee Lee/Kara, Cdr. Adama, cant decide i love most of the cast.

like: tigh... yea he does grow on ya after awhile. but he's hard nosed and does make a good XO, when hes not drunk or bein an ass. (woah uh sorry... there goes my BSG personality slippin out) Baltar, yes he maybe a lil crazy, but who wouldnt when he's under all that stress. Six well she can get on ones nerves

not too fond of that skank of a slut, Ellen Tigh (whom i swear is a damned cylon.. but yet Balter's test proved otherwise... or did it. he's lied before. im sure he'd do it again), Zerek (richard Hatch's char) can be a devious ******* at times.

yes must shut up now ;)

Darth Buddha
April 30th, 2005, 02:50 PM
My favorite BSG character is from the original series...Beelzebub, the red cylon who was second in command. That shiny red suit and his aptly named character were pure evilicious :D
Do you mean Lucifer? Voiced by Jonathan (the original Doctor Smith .. "Oh dear, we're doomed!".. of Lost in Space) Harris.

Michelle
April 30th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Well my total cant live without character has to be Roslin shes so cool and stands up to Adama(who i like aswell)! Also Baltar has grown on me, to the actors credit i think. Hes just so fraking funny! :p

But i have to say Lee is my least fave. Hes just such a wimp! But then again hes like a puppy and u just want to give him a hug! :)

BruTak
May 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
If you folks don't mind me changing the subject slightly, what's your favourite piece of dialogue from Battlestar Galactica?

Mine's from "Water" (I think) and comes from when Starbuck and Boxey have been joking with the pilots in the Ready Room.
Col. Tigh enters, "Where's your mommy?" he demands of young Boxey.
"Dead. Where's yours?" replies the kid, deadpan.

Gives me a laugh every time... :D

spg_1983
May 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
If you folks don't mind me changing the subject slightly, what's your favourite piece of dialogue from Battlestar Galactica?

Mine's from "Water" (I think) and comes from when Starbuck and Boxey have been joking with the pilots in the Ready Room.
Col. Tigh enters, "Where's your mommy?" he demands of young Boxey.
"Dead. Where's yours?" replies the kid, deadpan.

Gives me a laugh every time... :D
i loved that scene! i was laughing so hard!

BruTak
May 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM
i loved that scene! i was laughing so hard!
Yeah, you can practically hear Starbuck thinking: "And the prize for stupid question of the week goes to..." :D

Question: Am I the only contributor to this thread who says "Frak!" instead of another F-word? Or have I just been watching Galactica too much? :D

CKO
May 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
oh i say frak constantly as well, also say frell too (what can ya say, im hooked on scape as well) so those two are switched around

although i have gotten my ass chewed at wk cuz they think i was sayin *****, guess they dont watch enough tv

Thor's Gunner
May 5th, 2005, 01:09 PM
not too fond of that skank of a slut, Ellen Tigh (whom i swear is a damned cylon.. but yet Balter's test proved otherwise... or did it. he's lied before. im sure he'd do it again),

Actually he did comment just after that:
No. 6: So tell me, what did the test really say
Baltar:I'll never tell *swings round on chair*

So it does suggest the possibility.

My fav char is definitely Lee because i met Jamie and he is a legend. Im a fan of most actually, Hot dog was pretty damn cool in six degrees of seperation(i think that was the ep) and there's people like helo who are pretty cool too. Starbuck and Will Adama as well i cant forgot(Katee's really nice too).

Im not a big fan of boomer considering how she did shot Will Adama and all. I did like Baltar but in the last eps( Kobols Last Gleaming) he was really....weird. I obviously dont like the cylons although No.6 can be alright. i dont like Ellen at all and Zerek is a scheming guy.

Thor's Gunner
May 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
not too fond of that skank of a slut, Ellen Tigh (whom i swear is a damned cylon.. but yet Balter's test proved otherwise... or did it. he's lied before. im sure he'd do it again),

Actually he did comment just after that:
No. 6: So tell me, what did the test really say
Baltar:I'll never tell *swings round on chair*

So it does suggest the possibility.

My fav char is definitely Lee because i met Jamie and he is a legend. Im a fan of most actually, Hot dog was pretty damn cool in six degrees of seperation(i think that was the ep) and there's people like helo who are pretty cool too. Starbuck and Will Adama as well i cant forgot(Katee's really nice too).

Im not a big fan of boomer considering how she did shot Will Adama and all. I did like Baltar but in the last eps( Kobols Last Gleaming) he was really....weird. I obviously dont like the cylons although No.6 can be alright. i dont like Ellen at all and Zerek is a scheming guy. Oh and i say Frak too

SlytherinGal
May 28th, 2005, 08:50 PM
My favorite...and ULTIMATE favorite...from BSG is Dr. Gaius Baltar. Some others that I like are Lee, Kara, Gaeta and Boomer

I absolutely hate Tigh's slutty wife and Col. Tigh (good XO but arrogant as can be)...oh yeah and Six...I DO NOT like Six.

Darth Buddha
May 29th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I don't like Tigh's wife. . .but I don't think we are supposed to like her. ;)
Which makes her a "good" character, doesn't it!

Sometimes Galactica Boomer gets right up my nose...
Owww! That sounds painful, even if she is cute.

i hate the President and the security woman in Litmus
I think we are supposed to hate her too.. but her character was so two dimensional I can't see her as a "good" character that you love to hate.

BruTak
June 2nd, 2005, 06:14 AM
Hey Darth Buddha, when I said Galactica Boomer gets up my nose, I meant that she annoys me sometimes. And yes, she is cute - in a sort of inoffensive take-home-to-meet-your-mother sort of way.

What's the odds that she's got some kind of stuffed cuddly animal tucked away in a corner of her footlocker? ;)

fair_nymph
June 13th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I adore Starbuck because she's such a rich, complex character with so much depth (and portrayed so well by KS). I also identify with her in many ways, so she probably has to be my favourite...that prize always goes to whomever I end up identifying with in a show.

I think the Commander is extremely well played and I respect and enjoy him greatly, so he's up there too.

And, I have to say, I love Lee, and partly because he's so frakkin' attractive. His character has grown on me a lot though too...at first I thought he was a bit of a punk but I've grown to respect his integrity (in general) and initiative.

Least favourite...Ellen, as I feel so incredibly embarassed for everyone else whenever she is around. I also wanted to hit her when she got Tigh drinking again. She didn't annoy me as much in Colonial Day but she still bothers me a lot.

I also waver on the President (Laura)...I don't like how she goes about some things and her facial expressions/tone of voice annoys me sometimes. But I think her being visionary/prophetic is extremely interesting.

Gaius, I really, really hated at first. I even wanted him to die, in fact, I would yell it at my monitor (*please, don't kill me Gaius fans*). He just seems so selfish and incompetent and immoral. And he just annoys me a lot. However, he has been growing on me, and I no longer desire to see him killed, and hopefully it remains that way.

fair_nymph
June 13th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Addendums:

How could I forget the security woman (sargent Hadrian, I believe) from Litmus? Ooooooh how I hated her. She got so psychotic and accusatory way too fast, with way too little information (also, how she could not pick up on the fact that Osinus (hangar deck dude) was covering for Chief is beyond me). She definitely takes the cake as least favourite character...

And a favourite line that I can remember at the moment:

When Six is going on about God, and Gaius gets angry and starts telling her she's boring him to death and that he doesn't want to hear her superstitious nonsense, he tells her (and they are in the bedroom, Gaius on the bed I believe):

'Can't we discuss something more penetrating? :D

Vala
June 14th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Gaius, I really, really hated at first. I even wanted him to die, in fact, I would yell it at my monitor (*please, don't kill me Gaius fans*). He just seems so selfish and incompetent and immoral. And he just annoys me a lot. However, he has been growing on me, and I no longer desire to see him killed, and hopefully it remains that way.
He's what made me love the show LOL... he's not immoral (maybe a little) I do find him amoral though.

fair_nymph
June 14th, 2005, 06:11 AM
^^^
Amoral is probably a better description, I agree.

BruTak
June 14th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Petty Officer 2nd Class Dualla is another favourite character of mine. Even if she does have poor choice in men...

jonas_fan
January 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Love:

-Boomer (both Battlestar version and Caprica version)
-Gaius (he's MY Gaius; you can't have him!)
-Lee
-Helo

Hate:

-Roslin
-Six

For me, Boomer's one of the most interesting characters. Gaius has the whole "mad scientist" thing going for him, plus the fact that "Six Degrees of Seperation" is my fav epi, and focused primarily on him, sooo...yeah, I love him. Lee and Helo I just like because of their appearance. I'm hoping their characters will be developed more over the next couple of seasons.

Roslin. Boring, boring, boring, boring. And can you say boring? She absolutely BORES me to death. I cannot stand her!

Number Six is the typical sex-kitten. I think she has no character whatsoever, and her relationship with Baltar is so fake. I mean honestly: wear more clothes woman!!

That's my opinion, though.

nova9
January 12th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Favourite: Baltar

Like: Boomer, Leoben, Doral, Six, Starbuck, Adm. Cain

Neutral: Apollo, Adama, Dualla, Billy, Roslin, Helo

Hate: Tigh, Ellen, Cally, Tyrol, Deanna (sp?)

Haha, didn't I get exhaustive? I just naturally tend to gravitate towards the grey in things - including villains and traitors. All my life I've always been more interested in the people that have taken the wrong road in life (I HATE Superman but LOVE Batman kinda thing). Cally represents that exact quality of 'pureness' that I loathe. As for the others on my hate list, I just do, no reason, purely visceral.

Liverpool_chicK
January 12th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I like them all.... especially the ones that make a big impact, but get so little credit... tyrol, helo, cally, kat.... but then again i am big fan of an apollo/starbuck relationship.

but i have a dislike for the characters that need to check themsleves into a nut house where they can talk to the padded walls.... Balter, (six and roslin; on certain days)

Speakfire
January 13th, 2006, 02:02 AM
I hate Ellen Tigh. Adama said it right, she brings out the worst instincts.

I don't like Gaius Baltar. The ambivalence of the character, is he good or is he bad today?.. drives me nuts. That said, the character is very entertaining, I *do* love how James Callis portrays him so well, I've laughed my head off in certain scenes with Gaius. Like the one where Starbuck 'walks in on him and 6'. Oh my other issue with Gaius is.. how can a guy who is sooo bad at lying be good at poker, which is about bluffing, which is a form of lying?

My favorite characters are Starbuck and Apollo. Starbuck because she follows her gut instinct and can kick my butt and Apollo because he takes stands for things that he believes in, no matter who he goes against in the process. I think you have to respect that, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I love all the other characters, from Cally right on up to commander Adama. It amazes me that they give even 'minor' roles such personality, and I think it is part of the reason the show is so successful. Many times in a show, only the major part players have developed personalities. Not in this one, everyone does.

Blue Banrigh
January 13th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Has anybody's opinion changed since viewing season 2?

BruTak
January 13th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Ah, but - the question remains, is there really a Cylon chip-thingie in Baltar's head, or is he a raving lunatic and Number Six is merely a figment of his imagination?:cameron:

Keonyn
January 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Favorite: Definitely Commander Adama, he just plays that role perfectly. He's a very strict commander but is willing to listen to others and compromise and actually cares about his crew.

Other mentions are Colonel Tigh, he's just a very dynamic character who is loyal to Adama and despite his faults really tries to do what's right while fighting his own inner demons. Tyrol and Cally are also worth mentioning, both very well portrayed support roles with unique and interesting personalities and are well fleshed out despite their limited roles in the series.

Least Favorite: Mrs. Tigh of course, I just hate her and her manipulative ways. Of course, I'm sure the intent of her character is to be hated to which point I can certainly say they succeeded.

BruTak
January 13th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Liking Cally a lot more now that she's got more to do in Season 2.

Especially after what she did to Galactica-Boomer in "The Farm".:cameron:

dec55
January 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Boomer is still my favorite.....and glad she is the center of things....

k8tbug1
January 13th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Love: Roslin, Cmdr Adama

Hate: Ellen (noticed most do)

I like all of the characters. There isn't many I don't like. They are all very well written in my opinion, as are most of the stories. But the two above are my absolute faves. Its a tie w/ those two. As for the one I hate, she's just annoying, but every show has to have one of those. I'm sure she has her purpose :cool: .

JamesM
January 13th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Fave: The old man Adama

Least Fave: Tigh

Vip3r
January 13th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I'm still liking Starbuck (probably due to a lust thing) and Adama, although I still think that the rest of the cast are superb and have some great attributes. There's nobody that I particularly dislike.

K07
January 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I only dislike Tigh's wife. Doc Cottle annoys me too.

I wasn't a fan of alot of the cast when I first saw the miniseries. I thought Apollo, Roslin, Baltar, and the deck crew were the only good characters but upon reviewing it and watching the series twice through, I learned to like them all for both their strengths and flaws. And Starbuck, who I found the least attractive woman on the show in the beginning, is starting to look great. It had to be the boy hair she had :p

Cally being in it more and more is cool because I liked her in the mini and absolutely fell in love with her after she bit that guy's ear off. I'm hoping Seelix gets more screen time now since Socnicus (or however you spell it) died.

apollo123
January 13th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Love: Roslin, Adama, Starbuck

Like: Lee, Gaius, Tyrol, Tigh, Boomer, Cain

Neutral: Dee, Gaeta, Cally, Billy

Dislike: Helo, Six

Hate: Ellen

And I'm judging these characters based on how well they are portrayed and developed and whether or not they are interesting and add to the intrigue of the show. I'm *not* judging on whether or not I'd want to hang out with them because that would be a completely different list altogether!

K07
January 13th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Dislike: Helo, Six

And I'm judging these characters based on how well they are portrayed and developed and whether or not they are interesting and add to the intrigue of the show. I'm *not* judging on whether or not I'd want to hang out with them because that would be a completely different list altogether!

How is Six not intriguing?! What exactly is she and what is her plan with Gaius? And Helo is cool because he's the first to actually look at the Cylons as more than machines. Even after learning what she is, he still loves Sharon. Now that's interesting. Of course, that's just me.

scifi maniac
January 14th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Love: Adama, Doral, Leoben, Zarek, Col. Tigh

Like: Stinger (has some potential), Starbuck, Tyrol, Six, Galactica Boomer, Baltar (really grew on me these past couple of episodes), Helo

Neutral: Gaeta, Billy, D' anna, Roslin, Ellen Tigh

Dislike: Caprica Boomer, Cally

Hate: Dualla, Lee (Sorry but I just can't stand them, they annoy me and I think they are poorly acted)

Osiris-RA
January 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Fav: Giaus, Boomer (especially the Cylon), Number Six.

Ok: Starbuck, Adama, Roslin

I can't say I hate anyone yet. The Admiral is one of the best bad guys I've ever seen.

justinbrett
January 15th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Favourite - Apollo (Lee), because he reminds me of myself, and a lot of my friends (in the Air Force). Especially in 2-12, he showed he had even more character and morals than his father.

Least favourite - It was Baltar in Season 1 and early S2, but he his starting to grow on me now he is "turning good". Also didn't like Roslin in S1. But as for Season 2 - I don't know. Probably the Galactica XO. But they are all growing on me.

NotANumber
January 15th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Most favourite: Adama, Tigh (I'm not sure why though, he's a ******* to the crew but there's something tragic about him)

Least favourite: No-one specifically, though sometimes I can't stand Apollo or Starbuck.

DarkOne
January 15th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Favorite...Adama...I was a little sceptical at first when he was named but from minute one it was his role. Hands down better than the original...more depth. Least favorite...Billy serves no purpose. Zarak...why not a better actor than washed up former Apollo?? I guess to keep him from trying to do his own version of BG.

I didn't like Apollo at first but he has grown on me.

Keonyn
January 15th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I have to say I'm starting to get a little tired of Gaius and the fact they've been building up his role for almost 2 seasons now and he's still not going anywhere and the six preaching and Gaius' drinking it up all the time gets a bit old.

userfriendly
January 15th, 2006, 07:34 PM
i kind of like them all. some more, some less. the character i like most changes from episode to episode :D but most of the time it's either starbuck, tigh or the old man. or baltar. or sharon. or the chief and cally. dammit, can't decide :rolleyes:

i think kat would be the only character i really dislike - don't get me wrong, she is well acted, kudos to luciana carro, but she happens to be the type of character i dislike in real life too. immature, loud and yobbish.

Least favorite...Billy serves no purpose.
disagree. he serves the role of making the viewers believe there is a real administration at work on the colonial one. downsized but fully operational and working. it has a spin doctor (which we don't see that often) and an aide (which we do see often, because he obviously does all the things grey doesn't do), and it has a president, who conveniently has a part-time job as messias :)

Zarak...why not a better actor than washed up former Apollo?? I guess to keep him from trying to do his own version of BG.
lol :D probably. but i do actually like the zarek character. well acted, i say. a little declamatory at times, but hey, that's what all freedom fighters are like, right? ;)

I didn't like Apollo at first but he has grown on me.
ditto.

LoneStar1836
January 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM
i think kat would be the only character i really dislike - don't get me wrong, she is well acted, kudos to luciana carro, but she happens to be the type of character i dislike in real life too. immature, loud and yobbish.I agree. I don’t much care for Kat either. Didn’t really notice in season 1, but she’s starting to wear on me this season.

As far as everybody else....still love ‘em and still couldn’t name a favorite because I’d have to practically name everybody, even the people I’m supposed to hate like good ol’ Ellen Tigh :D. I even like PEGASUS Admiral Cain even though I hated her actions but her character was so damn interesting and well acted by MF. Her character spurred on some interesting discussion.

the fifth man
January 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Favorite - Commander now Admiral Adama
Least Favorite - Ellen Tigh

lucylou
January 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I think all of the characters are really well written and portrayed. They're all awesome!

My favourite is Starbuck. Katee Sackhoff is awesome!!!

My least favourite is Tigh.

Luce xxx

BruTak
January 17th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Doc Cottle's growing on me. Look up the word "curmudgeon" in the dictionary, and there he is. Besides, he kind of reminds me of my dad...;)

Mr. Seven
January 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM
My favorites are Helo and Starbuck. I also like Apollo. Heck, it's tough to name just a few even, all of them are great.

I'm not sure who my least favorite is, since I pretty much like them all. Even Cylon's like Leoben are pretty cool.

Quinn Mallory
January 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Baltar is probably the most interesting character, but I'll go out on a limb and pick Lt. Gaetta or Callie as my favorite.

As for least favorite: Ellen Tigh is the most annoying.

Kheri
January 17th, 2006, 06:47 PM
My favorite character would be Starbuck, with Adama and Baltar close seconds. All of these characters have taken their roles so far beyond the actors who originally played these roles in TOS & made them their own.

Least favorite of course is Ellen, followed by Callie and Kat, both of who seem a bit one dimensional to me.

Speakfire
January 18th, 2006, 02:32 AM
What??! No one's mentioned the Yeehaw Boys (AKA the Sunshine Boys)???

Wayan
January 18th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I always find it hard to respond in threads like this, especially with shows that I like and actors that I truely beleive are doing an excellent job. I know I know, the question is not asking about the actors or there abilities themselves but somehow I am always worried that these actors characters were disscussing could see what I say about them and somehow be offended which I know is probably silly of me and something that comes with there job so will probably not even give a second thought. Either way if for whatever reason any of the actors did see my comments be assured I think your all excellent at your jobs and my comments are in no way relevant to your abilities in any way shape or form.

My Favourite Characters so far are:

Boomer: I really really like this character. Her PoV that comes across in the series, even though shes part of the Cylon Race (probably the wrong word I know) I can't help but feel very sympathetic for her, and in light of that somewhat sympathetic the the Cylons themselves. Don't get me wrong I could never condone the Extinction of a species like that especially my own. But it doesn't change the fact I have in the past question the human race myself. I most definatly can see where there coming from. Her Character more than any so far has said or at least looked to have asked many of the questions I've posed to myself about the human race. On a more superficial note it probably doesn't hurt that I've got a big time crush on Miss Parks herself.

Giaus: Another one of my faves. He embodies to me something thats very very human. Oh of course hes very self centered, shifty and looks out for number one only, but I see this behaviour in a lot of people I know and in myself at times also. He could be said to embody some of humanities worst traits, but saying that he also has shown or at least to me some of humanitys more noble ones too, especially in the more recent episodes. There's just something I really connect with his character on.

Starbuck: I'll be honest, though I wouldn't call myself a BSG the original series purist (I was far too young to really remeber it in depth) I do remeber, and remeber liking the original Starbuck. I remeber having resevations about the change in gender. It seemed odd to me when I heard about it, and I couldn't see it working out. I couldn't have been more wrong, and am really glad I'm not a purist who write the show off unfairly because of that. Starbucks character in this BSG incarnation is complex, and extremely well done, and to some extent has even captured and embodied a lot of the qualitys I liked of the original. I can safely say I am happy I was wrong in this instance. I do however feel bad, about some of the flak Katee S got from people who thought as I did at first. I may not of been vocal about my misgivings but I was silently thinking simular things. You can't really apologise for things like that, but given a chance I probably would.

Tyrol: Love this guy. He's your down to Earth Average human being I would say. People like Gaius and Adama are stuck at opposite ends of the human spectrum, where as Tryol I'd put in the middle. I think one of the qualitys that adhears him to many. people know people like him, or are him, or just plane feel comfortable with his character. Although saying that he has those moments which push him to the dark side of humanity or the lighter side like we all do. I just think he's a good middling force for the series.

Characters I'm not keen on:

Have to agree with almost eveyone one else. Col Tigh's wie irritates the hell out of me. Then again i hate persona's like her's in Real life. The manipulative coniving types. The ones the mold and make worse people of lesser character, i.e. Saul Tigh. I actually like Saul. He annoys me yes, but I';ve seen many a redeming quality in him. His Loyalty to Adama is one of them.

I'm also begining to dislike Apollo somewhat, and I'm not even 100% sure why. I can't put my finger on it but something about his character bugs me. It didn't become relavant until the past few episodes either. maybe its just a temporary thing *shrugs*

Thats just the main ones that stick out in my mind, but saying that the characters in this show are By far some of the best I've seen on TV, especially in a Sci-Fi show. All of them are extremely rich. I like all of them, and each single one of them seems to being something to the table of substance. Long may it continue, so say we all.

TheViperPilotJustOutOfShot
January 18th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Best Character:- Boomer & Starbuck, can't separate them, a dead heat! Boomer 'cause like Helo and Chief I think she's a fox! Starbuck 'cause there's a certain something about girls who can mix it with the boys. Imagine a date with the girl, out to the pub, get roaring drunk, win money in card games, spark massive bar brawl and then home for a spot of wrestling!

Goes without saying that Adama Snr. is the man.

I also like:- Callie, Helo, Chief, Dualla, Adama Jnr., Racetrack and Roslin.

I have an airlock all lined up for Mrs Tigh ( if shes not a cylon Id shove her out on account of the fact that her head resembles a walnut and vaccum of space might reduce her wrinkles ) and Baltar ( I mean, if he cant decide which side he's on maybe the choices ought to be taken from him! ).

STOP PRESS - Forgot to squeeze Boxey in there.....whats that?....oh, it seems that, whilst I forgot Boxey, so did the writers after the miniseries so thank the Gods of Kobol or whatever. If he'd have become part of a nuclear family with the Chief and Boomer some of the girls charms might have slipped!

Col.Foley
October 1st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Well here it is the top five best characters in Galactica. Since they all are so good.
1. Lee Adama. (Although I'm biased, he was in Hornblower to.)
2. William Adama
3. Chief Tyrol
4. Starbuck
5. Helo
Top five worst characters:
1. Baltar (what he did to the fleet, I hat him.)
2. Number six.
3. Helena Tigh, I do not trust her as far as I can throw a battlestar.
4. That Reporter thing.
5. Colonel Tigh.

ShadowMaat
October 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM
Love: Helo, Cally, Tyrol, Boomer, Billy, Leoben

Hate: Dee, Tigh, Mrs. Tigh, Baltar, Zarek

Can't say I'm terribly invested in the stories of the others, though it all comes together nicely as a whole. Most of the time. :)

Trek_Girl42
October 1st, 2006, 04:44 PM
Favourite would be Laura Roslin, the REAL president!

Followed by Admiral Adama of course.

Least favourite would be Ellen, Zarek, and Dee (who used to be on my favourites list)

Edit: and I'll add Fisk to the least favourites

sidhe
October 1st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Favourite would be Laura Roslin, the REAL president!

Followed by Admiral Adama of course.

Least favourite would be Ellen, Zarek, and Dee (who used to be on my favourites list)

Edit: and I'll add Fisk to the least favourites
Dee used to be on my favorites list, too. After that whole thing with Billy and Lee, I long for the day she gets shoved out an airlock.

Ditto on favorites: Laura Roslin (but I'm biased because I love Mary McDonnell) and Adm Adama (also bc I'm biased and love EJO).

Secondary favorites would have to be Tigh, Cottle, Chief Tyrol and Cally.

least favorite by far is Baltar. Smarmy little frak! Followed closely by Ellen Tigh, although she does provide some amusing dinner parties. ;)

Major Fischer
October 1st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Love (in no particular order after the first one):
Roslin
Adama
Cain
and Tyrol.

Hate (most of the time, but usually it's love to hate):
Baltar (I fast forward past a lot of Baltar/Six sex)
Dee (after 2.5, I liked her up until the thing with Apollo)
Ellen Tigh (but she's drawn that way)
Cally (she whines a bit too much, and I don't like her with Tyrol as a love interest)
and Fisk (I thought he had no moral backbone).

Mixed feelings (sometimes I love them, other times I can't stand them):
Apollo (liked him until Flight of the Pheonix, am really annoyed with him by now)
Tigh
Starbuck (she was at her worst for me in Scar, and at her best in the Pegesus/Resurrection ship arc)

Ones we dont know well enough yet but I think I may like:
Maya (her snarky comment in the school tent)
Tory Foster (I love her combination of loyalty and ruthless ambition)

ShadowMaat
October 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Remind me, who's Fisk?

Oh, and I'll add Duck to my faves, too. At least for now. ;)

k8tbug1
October 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
Dee used to be on my favorites list, too. After that whole thing with Billy and Lee, I long for the day she gets shoved out an airlock.

Ditto on favorites: Laura Roslin (but I'm biased because I love Mary McDonnell) and Adm Adama (also bc I'm biased and love EJO).

Secondary favorites would have to be Tigh, Cottle, Chief Tyrol and Cally.

least favorite by far is Baltar. Smarmy little frak! Followed closely by Ellen Tigh, although she does provide some amusing dinner parties. ;)

I think I'm gonna ditto everything you just said...LOL

But guess I'll say it again ;)

Fav's...PRESIDENT Laura Roslin and Admiral William Adama
2nd fav...Doc Cottle and Tigh

Least Fav...Again, I used to like Dee, now she's my least fav because of the whole Billy/Lee stuff!! I also eagerly await the day she gets airlocked!!!
2nd Least Fav...Baltar! Sometimes I hate him, Sometimes I like him. Mostly I hate him though.;) And Ellen Tigh falls in this category. But she does make me LMAO!!

Remind me, who's Fisk?

Oh, and I'll add Duck to my faves, too. At least for now.

Fisk was the original First officer of Pegasus.

Major Fischer
October 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
Remind me, who's Fisk?

Oh, and I'll add Duck to my faves, too. At least for now. ;)

Cain's XO/replacement as Pegesus CO. I liked him for ... a scene or two in the Pegesus/Resurrection ship arc... but there are lots of people on the show I like ... occasionally but not overall.

hutchi4
October 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Favourites would have to be:;)
Admiral Adama
Lee
Kara
Tyrol
Cally
Helo
Roslin

The one's I Hate would have to be:
Dee
Tigh
Mrs Tigh
Baltar
Zarek

Catsitter
October 2nd, 2006, 02:32 AM
My favourite by a long way is Tigh, then Starbuck and Bill Adama. Least favourite, Six. (No doubt Boxey would be there in least favourites too if he had been in it more.)

Descent
October 2nd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Favorites: Tigh, Lee, Adama, Cavil, Anders, Baltar, Tyrol
Least Favorite: Roslin...as much as I hate to say it.

Legionnaire
October 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Favorites are: Apollo, Colonel Tigh, Zarek, Chief, Baltar, Six, and Doc Cottle.

Least favorites are: Ellen Tigh, Cally, Gaeta, and Kat.

prophetzen
October 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Favorite: Baltar, Gaeta

Least: Dee, Roslyn (she soo dam anooying Adama should have full control of the fleet!)

Descent
October 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Least favorites are: Ellen Tigh, Cally, Gaeta, and Kat.

Oh yeah, I also don't like Ellen and Kat. Can't believe I forgot those two...

October 15th, 2006, 02:40 AM
My favorite characters are ;

Cally <- omg

Starbuck <- she rules with long hair.

Sharon <- I liked when Cally told her to go "frak" her self in season 3. lol

Number six <- really good actor

Hollywonka
October 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Favorites: Roslin, Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Anders, Helo and Sharon #2.

Least Favorite: Baltar and Ellen.

titans
October 18th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Favorite- Admiral Adama, Col. Tigh, Starbuck, Helo & Anders

Least Favorite-Apollo, Apollo, Apollo and Apollo

lutin
October 19th, 2006, 12:37 PM
My great favorite character is Admiral Adama.
then, Roslin and Sharon and Starbuck

Least is Lee Adama and Zarek.I hope we can see more Adama and interactions withg other people in the next episodes!

GobiasSumCoffee
October 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Fav:Baltar,Admiral Adama, Tighe
Least Fav:Cally,Dee,Kat

Descent
October 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Starbuck <- she rules with long hair.

Starbuck is definately hotter with long hair. Short hair, nah. :P

X-3-0-2
October 10th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Has anybody's opinion changed

Yes mine has, a lot. I hate most of them now and think the majority of colonials just might deserve to die. They are too stupid, an embarrassment to humanity

Lady Snow
October 10th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Well, that's certainly a positive contribution.

---

As of right now, my favourite characters are Athena, Baltar, and Tigh; Apollo, flawed though he may be, is also still up there pretty far. And Gaeta is still the man, because no one else has so much as mentioned porn, let alone requested it. :D

I dislike Dee and Tori for being obscenely useless, I dislike Anders for being bland, I dislike Helo because of the writers and their obsession with not letting the audience forget he's the ONLY ONE WITH A CONSCIENCE. Other than that, I don't really have a beef with Helo.

Starbuck's become pretty "meh."

Trek_Girl42
October 10th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Well, that's certainly a positive contribution.

---

As of right now, my favourite characters are Athena, Baltar, and Tigh; Apollo, flawed though he may be, is also still up there pretty far. And Gaeta is still the man, because no one else has so much as mentioned porn, let alone requested it. :D

I dislike Dee and Tori for being obscenely useless, I dislike Anders for being bland, I dislike Helo because of the writers and their obsession with not letting the audience forget he's the ONLY ONE WITH A CONSCIENCE. Other than that, I don't really have a beef with Helo.

Starbuck's become pretty "meh."
Roslin is still my favourite, followed by Admiral Adama. Least favourite: Dee. Which is a shame, nothing against the actress on this one, just one little mistake, with the nature of the show.....pretty much unraveled the character. Dee is the one instance I wish Galactica had used the re-set button. I never thought I'd say a show should use that, but here is it. Otherwise, there's no on else I truly despise at the moment. Romo Lampkin might give a run for the top spot on the favourites now though. I need to we-watch his eps. Tigh is right up there on the favourites as well. :D

Ellen moves off my original least favourites list, must have made that one before Exodus Pt. II. :P

Kales
October 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Most favourite: Kara, Tigh, Lee, Helo, Athena, Roslin

Least: Baltar, Anders, Cally (Kally?)

Lady Snow
October 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Romo Lampkin might give a run for the top spot on the favourites now though. I need to we-watch his eps. Tigh is right up there on the favourites as well. :D

Ellen moves off my original least favourites list, must have made that one before Exodus Pt. II. :P

You make an excellent point. Romo easily tops my list of favorite minor/recurring characters, with Tom Zarek running in second. Ellen's way up there, as are Hoshi and Jammer.

X-3-0-2
November 15th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Has anybody's opinion changed since viewing season 2?

I hate Cally, Apollo and Kara Thrace even more

DOIKECARTER
November 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Favourites: ROSLIN, ADAMA, Six (the one in Gaius mind).

I got really sick of Cally and Helo this season. Too much screen time wasted on them.

Is Zarek still on this show?

November 19th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Fave: Adama Sr.

Least Fave: Adama Jr.

nuff said

maneth
November 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
My favorites are Baltar, Gaeta, Helo, Tigh, Bill Adama, Chief, Sam Anders, Ellen Tigh (the one I love to hate along with Baltar) and Number Six. Am I the only one who likes President Roslin?

Meh ones are Kat, Starbuck, Apollo and Dee (except when she's talking to Gaeta, their repartee is hilarious).

But I really, really detest the Queasy Quad. I do hope they won't bring that nonsense back in season 4. I'm not too fond of Cally either.

DOIKECARTER
November 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
My favorites are Baltar, Gaeta, Helo, Tigh, Bill Adama, Chief, Sam Anders, Ellen Tigh (the one I love to hate along with Baltar) and Number Six. Am I the only one who likes President Roslin?

Meh ones are Kat, Starbuck, Apollo and Dee (except when she's talking to Gaeta, their repartee is hilarious).

But I really, really detest the Queasy Quad. I do hope they won't bring that nonsense back in season 4. I'm not too fond of Cally either.
you are not the only one. Roslin forever!

huntress
November 23rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Favourite Characters:

1. Laura!!!! I love her. How much she has changed over the course of time and has become stronger and harder yet is still a bit girly sometimes.
2. Bill - he is a tough commander with a soft side and who does know how to say he is sorry
3. Athena- actually the Agathons together- such a sweet couple. They went though so much together
4. Balthar: Fascinating ******* - that is all I will say :)
5. Saul: I blame Michael Hogan and his amazing acting abilities for that :)

Least Favourite:
1. Starbuck: I used to like Kara but then they messed it all up with the bloody love quadrouple. Frankly I don't care anymore if she is Cylon or not. I wouldn't have minded either if she had stayed dead
2. Dualla: Boy do I dislike her. IMO she is just a gold digger. The way she had treated Billy and then she left Lee when he needed her most.She should have stayed an unimportant minor character.
3. Apollo: Somehow that boy constantly dissapoints me.
4. Cally : Another charcter who should have nevere become as importnat as she has. Her whinig and *****ing in the second half of the season annoyed me but also amused me because it certainly made Sharon and Helo's marriage look very harmonic compared to the one from the chief.

P-90_177
November 23rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
My favs are:

Bill Adama
Starbuck (not so much this season but she did kick ass in the last two and again in razor.)
Apollo. (Same as above really)
Helo
Tigh

Least favorites (this will be tough):
Not a fan of six to be honest. in any of her incarnations.
Didn't like athena that much in season 2 either. but this season she's become much more interesting.
Dualla. Just one of those characters that shouldn't have been brought into focus.

wizz_kid_sid
March 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Favourite:

Karl C. 'Helo' Agathon
Galen 'Chief' Tyrol
Brendan 'Hotdog' Costanza
Margaret 'Racetrack' Edmondson <- Cause I think she's hot :daniel:

Least Favourite:

Ellen Tigh <- Found her character annoying up until the end.. cause she died!
Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace <- (She only has a cool callsign)
Tory Foster
Cally

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Favorite:
1. Athena
2. Helo
3. Roslin
4. Adama
5. Anders

Least Favorite:
5. Cally
4. Tigh
3. Cain
2. Boomer
1. Thorne

Commander Trip
April 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
My Favorite is
Kendra Shaw she should have been in the tv show, but my TV fav is Karl Agathon 'Helo'
Adama's
Anders
Chief

My Least Fav
Lt. Felix Gaeta
Lt. Louanne 'Kat' Katraine

X-3-0-2
June 8th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Least Favorite - Ellen Tigh

Wake up, the wicked btch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go
:)
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
:)
Undeniably and reliably Dead...
..unless she's the final cylon
:(

Kezia
June 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
My favourites: Bill Adama, Roslin, Tigh, Apollo, Baltar, Head Six, Tyrol, Helo, D'Anna, Leoben, Gaeta, Lampkin, Hotdog, Racetrack

So-so characters: Starbuck (liked her way more in the earlier seasons), Anders, Dee, Athena, Zarek, Doral, Simon, Kat, Billy

I despise Tory was a passion. (airlock her already...)

I liked Cally. And the Pegasus guys (Cain, [edit:Fisk])

Trek_Girl42
June 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
ThorneUgh ugh ugh.

Think I've responded to this before but I can't remember who I said, sooo.....

Favourite character without doubt Laura Roslin (The Hub made me like her even MORE if that was possible).

Least favourite Lieutenant Thorne and the "Woo Hoo" boys. Yuck. :( And since she started sleeping with Baltar,Tory goes on the least favourites as well.

DigiFluid
June 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I despise Tory was a passion. (airlock her already...)

^^ This. Times eleventy. Loathed her from her first appearance, and nothing has happened to improve on that perception.

And Baltar has always been my favourite character, through all his incarnations. Although the carny-folk facial hair of the last couple weeks is a little off-putting.

Kezia
June 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Least favourite Lieutenant Thorne and the "Woo Hoo" boys. Yuck. :(

Shoot. :mad:

Got the names mixed up. I meant Fisk.

I despise Thorne and the woo hoo boys too, don't worry. (Who doesn't?)

RoslinGirl
June 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Favourites: LAURA ROSLIN! Yays! She's the best!
Bill Adama!
I loved Billy so much! I miss him!
Ellen... she was funny
Lee has been one of my favourites from the very beginning but now I start to dislike him. I don't like this new change, him being the prez. No way!

Least Favourites: Kara: I never liked her and now this new Kara annoys me even more.

telpethoniel
June 11th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Being that I've only seen season 1 so far *hangs head in shame* yeah yeah I know LOL....My fave character would be Baltar with a little of both the Adama "boys" thrown in for good measure. I'll be interested to see where Baltar goes...plus James Callis isn't half bad looking both long haired and short and shaven :D gooosh they look like 2 different people till he smiles XD
Has anyone seen him in 'One night with the king'? he was waaay intense and creepy in that one :D
Does he ever loosen up free a little of 6's strings?
I"m quite fond of Boomer and her arc so far too

Who I'm not to fond of: The President chick...don't know what it is but she irritates me..&..Starbuck...she's ok but I never really ever connect with her character. Six...I just get sick of her harassing Baltar...I wanna slap her and tell her to leave the poor guy alone lol

apollo123
June 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Boomer, Both versions!!!! This character makes the show for me!!!

In fact in the mini series and the 1st season she tends to make the story
just fantastic!!!

I hope Grace Park gets an Emmy for her great performances!!!!

In fact Boomer is such a great character she just raises the whole show to
a excellent intense drama.....and brings all the characters into a favorable
light in my opinion.

Grace Park is seriously the worse actress on the show. If she were a better actress Boomer/Athena would've more compelling characters, but as they are, they're both pretty one-dimensional. It's a shame because Boomer/Athena represents some of the core themes of the show - the dichotomy between human and cylon and the blurring on those lines.