PDA

View Full Version : Team Designations

Positively Kanyon
May 31st, 2004, 10:16 PM
An idea just dawned on me as I was staring at the ticket stub to a Justin Timberlake concert. The section where I'm sitting is designated as "SGA-1" which means "Standing General Admission 1" and two other tickets I had bought for my cousins had "SGA-2."

Now, for the moment, ignore the whole "why is a guy going to a Justin Timberlake concert" and keep it on topic. I came to the conclusion that SGA-1/2/3 and so on, could work very well as team designations in Atlantis.

(S)tar(G)ate (A)tlantis - 1

It's different enough from SG-1 and can be considered an off-shoot from the SGC team designations... What do you guys think?

petzke_42
May 31st, 2004, 10:54 PM
What about just A-1, like the steak sauce??

Ugly Pig
June 1st, 2004, 03:20 AM
A1? That's even worse than Justin Timberlake... :D

Anubis
June 1st, 2004, 03:23 AM
I'm certain that they've come up with a name already. I'm sure it was SA:1

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 03:28 AM
I still like A-team. ;)

Ugly Pig
June 1st, 2004, 03:30 AM
Only if they can have Mr. T join the cast! And of course, they'd have to use their van instead of the puddle jumper! :D

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 03:33 AM
Only if they can have Mr. T join the cast! And of course, they'd have to use their van instead of the puddle jumper! :D
Mr. T is still on SG-1... minus the gold necklaces, of course. ;)

Hey, maybe the red panels on the uniform are supposed to mimic the red stripe on the van... or maybe they can paint one on their puddle jumper...

Ugly Pig
June 1st, 2004, 03:43 AM
Mr. T is still on SG-1... minus the gold necklaces, of course. ;)
But where's the rest of the team? I know Face went back to Kelowna... :D

Dramaqueen
June 1st, 2004, 06:31 AM
What about just A-1, like the steak sauce??
LOL, here in Germany the motorways are designated as A-1, A-2 ect. I'd love to hear the german synchronisation... But anyway, I like SA-1 better... sounds a bit like SG-1

Mr Prophet
June 1st, 2004, 06:54 AM
I still want to know if A2 will be half the size of A1.

Obscure, nationally-specific stationery humour; can anything beat it?

Ugly Pig
June 1st, 2004, 06:57 AM
I still want to know if A2 will be half the size of A1.

Obscure, nationally-specific stationery humour; can anything beat it?

Obscure? Nationally-specific?

You're talking paper sizes aren't you? :S

Mr Prophet
June 1st, 2004, 07:57 AM
Obscure? Nationally-specific?

You're talking paper sizes aren't you? :S

So not that specific; I think the Americans don't really get it though, since they don't use the 'A' system.

Bagpuss
June 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM
I like the "SGA-1/2/3 etc" idea ! :D

At present the only Designation, the patch on their right sleeve shows, in the piccies I've seen, just states "Atlantis".(Over a winged blue Chevron design.)

Jadestar9
June 1st, 2004, 08:38 AM
But where's the rest of the team? I know Face went back to Kelowna... :D

:D LOL! :D

If Face is on Kelowna...who is going to jump Murdock from the looney bin? ;)

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:46 AM
:D LOL! :D

If Face is on Kelowna...who is going to jump Murdock from the looney bin? ;)
Would have thought Daniel was Murdock. They're both always going crazy. :P

Positively Kanyon
June 1st, 2004, 10:27 PM
I still like either SGA-# or SA-# but I spose we won't find out for sure until July 16!

Anubis
June 2nd, 2004, 12:50 AM
SGA-# is a good name but as you stated, we'll have to wait...

StargateSara
June 2nd, 2004, 07:44 AM
I still like either SGA-# or SA-# but I spose we won't find out for sure until July 16!
I don't know how much it matters, but in Season 1, There But for the Grace of God, the episode where Daniel went through the mirror to the alternate reality, the SGC was the SGA instead. There's a scene that takes place in the briefing room of the alternate world, and behind General Hammond is a logo very similar to the SGC logo, but with the letters SGA instead.

All of that to say, I don't think they'll use SGA for that reason, but SA might work well!

Teal'c
June 2nd, 2004, 08:43 AM
Erm... teams? What teams? I mean, Sheppard and them go out exploring, but that's about it really, they are nearly all scientists :P Anywho....

StargateSara
June 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Erm... teams? What teams? I mean, Sheppard and them go out exploring, but that's about it really, they are nearly all scientists :P Anywho....

:D You know, the guy makes a really good point! (I seem to agree with most of your posts, a kindred maybe?)

I won't give any spoilers, but will there even be a headquarters equivalent to the SGC? Different teams like on SG-1? I would think (regardless of any spoiler info I've received) that TPTB would hopefully NOT do a cloned show, but something a little more unique, with different premises. Dr. Weir isn't military, and she seems to be the leader, so it seems this won't be a military mission. I think they are on the right track, I'd hate it if it were a blatent rip-off of SG-1.

ShadowMaat
June 2nd, 2004, 09:01 AM
Maybe it'll be AG for Atlantis Gate. ;) But yeah, as far as we know, there's only one team. For now, anyway.

Mr Prophet
June 2nd, 2004, 09:55 AM
All of that to say, I don't think they'll use SGA for that reason, but SA might work well!

You don't see any problems inherent in your heroes being the SA?

I think that the Atlantis team is the whole kit and caboodle - doctor, scientists, airmen and so forth - more like the research group in Prodigy than a separate command.

Anubis
June 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Maybe it'll be AG for Atlantis Gate. ;) But yeah, as far as we know, there's only one team. For now, anyway.

My guess is that as soon as they figure out a way back and forth more teams will be sent

StargateSara
June 2nd, 2004, 12:53 PM
You don't see any problems inherent in your heroes being the SA?

I think that the Atlantis team is the whole kit and caboodle - doctor, scientists, airmen and so forth - more like the research group in Prodigy than a separate command.
Yes, a few posts back, I agreed that their is probably only one team.

And, I'm sorry, I don't get the SA reference...please explain to the humble American...

priornavalperson
June 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Yes, a few posts back, I agreed that their is probably only one team.

And, I'm sorry, I don't get the SA reference...please explain to the humble American...As another humble american, who went to school when they still taught history, SA stands for Sturm Abteilung, Hilter's original jack-booted, brown shirted thugs. SA would be a very poor abbreviation to use for the Stargate Atlantis team. After all, they're good guys.

StargateSara
June 3rd, 2004, 09:40 AM
As another humble american, who went to school when they still taught history, SA stands for Sturm Abteilung, Hilter's original jack-booted, brown shirted thugs. SA would be a very poor abbreviation to use for the Stargate Atlantis team. After all, they're good guys.
Thanks! I went to school when they taught history, too, but it was definitely my worst subject. I appreciate the reference definition! I think we've decided now that there will only be one team, so it's probably a dead argument anyway. But any day one learns something is not a wasted day! Thanks again!