X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hypothesis

Possible Spoilers
    In the episode Frozen it came to my understanding that humans evolved twice on earth. In many of the theories on this board that I have read many have disregarded this conclusion. I myself have wondered why there wasn't any ruins of Ancient complexs or structures. But then I came up with my hypothesis. When the Ancients ascended they made a very strict rule to not accelerate the ascension process. In order to do this they would of had to wipe the face of the earth clean of everything of thiers or either move their stuff. Hence they made Atlantis a giant storage locker of the stars. Of course they decided to leave an outpost so that they could monitor the progress of their reevolved sucessors. I don't like the theories that say humans were transplanted to earth and find them unsettling. I hope Stargate Atlantis will go in the direction of my theory. Please do not put spoilers for season 8 or season 1 atlantis in your replies.

Vague spoilers for Lost City

Can't articulate why, but I don't hold with your hypothesis. It's too... grand, or something. Too clean. Too convenient. I'm also not sure I understand your implications about Ascension. Why would it require the Ancients to wipe all trace of themselves from Earth?

I like uncomfortable theories. They force you to re-examine everything and even if, in the end, it turns out the theory was wrong, you've no doubt learned quite a bit along the way.

Besides, aren't there myths about how, when Atlantis "sank", the Atlanteans spread out among the people of Earth and helped them, raising them above their "primitive" ways, becoming a part of their various cultures and maybe even marrying and such forth? Or was that a fiction book I read? That might be one explanation for those "rare genes": leftovers from our Ancient ancestors.

Comment

I'm also not sure I understand your implications about Ascension. Why would it require the Ancients to wipe all trace of themselves from Earth?
      Well the Ancients would wipe out all traces of themselves for the same reason that they destoryed everyone on the planet that was in the episode Ascension. They want to see what they could have done differently in themselves through us. So to maximize this effect there could be no interaction or passing of technology. And just think a bunch of primitive ape men running aroud pushing buttons in an Ancient missle site. Its like giving a five year old a nuclear bomb that says "Push me". You just wouldn't do something like that thus the need to wipe all traces. I like to think that humans came from earth because it sticks with the shows current course alot better. It would just sound overly farfetched to me that highly evolved humans came to earth became primitave over many years and almost completely lost all their highly evolved genes then were taken from earth by parasitic aliens and transplanted all over the galaxy where of course there are no other primative humans already out their.

Comment

So if you're scouring a planet of your technology, why leave the regeneration device which messes people's heads up in a hole in the ground in South America? Conversely, I believe that the Ancients vanished long before modern humans even evolved, so I don't think that they went out among the many races of the world, either.

Now, I do like to think that the human race developed on their own until the Goa'uld showed up, and that a substantial number of their achievements were made without alien influence, but that's just the archaeologist in me. My own theory is that the ancients left some genetic tag which gave the occasional nudge to the evoltuionary paths of any animal which became developed enough, but didn't explicitly try to recreate themselves.

Tales of survivors of Atlantis might refer to watchers like Aiyana, left in suspended animation to watch over the planet and occasionally thawed out, or to race memories descending from that genetic tag. In the latter case, memories triggered at specific evolutionary stages could account for inspirational dreams and the connection of the Ancients to the builders of roads in Roman times (which were definately long after the Ancients left this space).
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

A clever theory but I doubt the Ancients would want that. If they left an outpost on another planet then it will eventually be found someday, even if the Ancient's believed it was 'too early'
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            So if you're scouring a planet of your technology, why leave the regeneration device which messes people's heads up in a hole in the ground in South America? Conversely, I believe that the Ancients vanished long before modern humans even evolved, so I don't think that they went out among the many races of the world, either.
            No one ever said that it was found on Earth. It was found by tel'chak. He just put it in his temple on earth.
            sigpic

Comment

Tel'chak's device was never really explained, just that they made a weapon from it. But I do think it may have been originally on Earth as look at the Ancient outpost
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Conversely, I believe that the Ancients vanished long before modern humans even evolved, so I don't think that they went out among the many races of the world, either.
                I realized the time gap afterwards. *sigh* Still, it might be interesting if there were some kind of genetic connection between the Ancients and humans.

And I haven't seen LC, so I admit I could be missing out on some important details...

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  A clever theory but I doubt the Ancients would want that. If they left an outpost on another planet then it will eventually be found someday, even if the Ancient's believed it was 'too early'
                  If you wanted to keep the primitives out, I guess you'd want something like the Moties 'maths-lock' or the Asgard conundrum in the Hall of Thor's Might; a mechanism that could only be opened once a civilisation had already developed its science - and perhaps its morality - to a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I realized the time gap afterwards. *sigh* Still, it might be interesting if there were some kind of genetic connection between the Ancients and humans.
                    I think there must be. Something caused the archive to respond to Jack but not Teal'c, and it's quite possible that the fall of the Ancients predates the rise of the Goa'uld (not the first time the team's initial supposition would have been disproved). It's difficult to be sure without knowing how long the Goa'uld have been a power.

Comment

I agree Mr Prophet. Something like Thor's Hammer
                      __

__

Comment

I was thinking more of Thor's...Well, spade-a-spade; his Crystal Maze challenges to determine if the Cimmerians were ready to see the true form of the Asgard yet. Show a little courage, a little compassion; calculate pi in Norse runic numerals to half-a-dozen decimal places.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          And I haven't seen LC, so I admit I could be missing out on some important details...
                          Just out of interest why havn't you seen LC it was one of the best episode in sg-1 history.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            Just out of interest why havn't you seen LC it was one of the best episode in sg-1 history.
                            People are busy! I almost missed it...
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                              People are busy! I almost missed it...

I was busy as well but manage to watch it.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X