Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does camolot from S9 = new ancient super city?- S2 spoilers!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does camolot from S9 = new ancient super city?- S2 spoilers!!!!!!

i just reread the spoilers for atlantis S2 and i got the feelign atlantis wasnt alone, big sity wise and i think im right in asuming that camolot would be a great choice for a new city in PG or MW that the ancinet built. what do you think?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

I think it is a brilliant idea. That is what got me liking Stargate to begin with. (The hole mythology aspect of the thing) To be able to tie in another type of mythology on more of a granduar scale is just great. I can't wait to see how the do it.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Camelot was a city. Avalon was a fabled lost island of mystery.

I think Avalon should be the Ancient Super City, sister to Atlantis, not Camelot.

Avalon makes SO much more sense as well.

Comment

There was evidence of more than one city, what about the one mentioned in Fallen, how it was supposed to be the crown jewel of the Ancient Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          There was evidence of more than one city, what about the one mentioned in Fallen, how it was supposed to be the crown jewel of the Ancient Empire.
          Yes, Visu-Bhan, though we see the ruins of this city left over, It was fixed into the ground and made of stone, unless this was some sort of landing pad for the city, hmm. Thinking about it, Visu-Bhan doesnt look like it could have ever been the crown Jewel in the ancient domain even if it wasnt finished, the landing pad idea would make more sense.

Comment

i think camalot will be a massive star ship / city the same as atlantis, but it will be armed to the teeth this city i think will be a kinda dreadnought class city that cn hold millions of people and can deploy millions of puddle jumpers. i think this as camalot was a fortress and seat of arthurs power so i think the city will be a fortress. (sci fi style)
            Die Replicators Die

Campienge for the end of the Replicators

They have been done to death please no more

Comment

No matter how the Powers That Be do this, I want Atlantis to be the best and brightest, the pinnacle of the Ancient's civilization.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Adaro
                i think camalot will be a massive star ship / city the same as atlantis, but it will be armed to the teeth this city i think will be a kinda dreadnought class city that cn hold millions of people and can deploy millions of puddle jumpers. i think this as camalot was a fortress and seat of arthurs power so i think the city will be a fortress. (sci fi style)
                I hope its not actually, anything too powerful wont be found or will be lost very quickly as it will destroy the whole concept of the show, unless ofcourse it requires a power source like atlantis so they can bareley use it at first.

Comment

Were SG-1 the only series, I'd say that would be a great idea.

However, it isn't. Borrowing more elements from Atlantis for the "new" SG-1 would be asinine, and demonstrate a complete lack of creativity.

Atlantis hasn't been that creative as yet (space vampires... whoopee) in terms of science fiction, and the stuff that made SG-1 innovative has been retread so many times that it doesn't get much traction anymore. If they start splitting the few new aspects it DOES have between two shows, I think I'll have to give up on both shows.

So I hope they have something better than that.

Comment

Ineteresting concept

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha

However, it isn't. Borrowing more elements from Atlantis for the "new" SG-1 would be asinine, and demonstrate a complete lack of creativity.

Atlantis hasn't been that creative as yet (space vampires... whoopee) in terms of science fiction, and the stuff that made SG-1 innovative has been retread so many times that it doesn't get much traction anymore. If they start splitting the few new aspects it DOES have between two shows, I think I'll have to give up on both shows.

I agree, though at this time we have no idea what that better thing could be. The SG-1 writers have always impressed me with some fairly original writing so im sure they wont dissapoint this time.
                      As for Atlantis, im waiting for them to delve a little into the mythology of the Ancients. That was what made SG-1 so fascinating to me, it was that you could literally look up things they talk about in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                        No matter how the Powers That Be do this, I want Atlantis to be the best and brightest, the pinnacle of the Ancient's civilization.
                        This is what will most likely be the case, since that's the city they're devoting a whole series to. Atlantis probably very much is the pinnacle as Daniel said, just that we probably haven't accessed its full power and potential yet.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

another idea of a lost city would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha

Well, there's obviously some stuff that's going to be borrowed, since they're part of the same universe; hence SG-1 finding a Puddle Jumper, or AR-1 discovering an ascended ancient. So it could still be possible for SG-1 to find a similar city (not the crown jewel), but it'd be more likely for AR-1 to discover the majority of any others that remain out there. Now, what would be going too far is if SG-1 started devoting the majority of their season towards exploring the city.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

what if there are more super city's think about what great mythology type place could be tied in to it; eldorado, olympus, pacifica, camolot.
                              i think atlantis could be or not the crown, when i watched falling for the 15th time i noticed how it was the jewel of the empire, i think atlantis 'was' until they return and built a new HQ at one of the citys above and recreated their empire after their return, and from there they learned how to assend.
                              there could be a more temple thing about it,keb like, if they didnt want to do the whole super city thing.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X