This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack should die

Season 8 is supposed to be SG1's last season....if NOT how should season 9 or possibly even 10 end...i think the only fitting way it should end if Jack (and thor?) dies trying to save earth's BACK SIDE from the reps etc, etc what do you guys think?
    Last edited by hail_jack; 24 August 2004, 04:09 AM. Reason: Some People were a little touchy about the word a**...
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Bit drastic,IMO!

Heroic deaths are V.overrated....and I think most SG-1 fans would prefer a happier ending for Jack! (Not necessarily a Shippy one,though. )

As for poor Thor,he's got his loyal fanbase too......

IMO,if the writers "Killed off" Jack,there'd be riots outside Bridge St Studio.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Whatchotalkin'boutfool!

The idea of killing off Jack, the show's MAIN character, is crazy!
      TPTB or creators would never allow the writers to ax O'Neill.
      How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
      *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
      *Daniel notices*
      Daniel: Hey Jonas!
      Jonas: Y..yes?
      *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
      Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
      Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
      Daniel:Uh...no...
      Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Even if the whole PTB/Writers/etc all agreed to Slay Jack,there's nowhere they could hide if they pulled that stunt!

Too many Jack/RDA fans to hide forever from!

Comment

Blasphemy! You cannot kill Jack...that's just crazy talk (as Mrs. Laningham might say). No really, fandom has been split over lesser things, killing Jack might result in the apocalypse.
          Nmom
          sigpic

Comment

Or just a deluge of hate mail to PTB,vigils,petitions,etc.....just on a far larger scale than ever before...

Or a massive boycott of all SG-1 dvd's, merchandise, etc,by Jack Fans!!

Don't worry,Nola,PTB would never go that route, IMO!

Comment

No.

Just... No.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Killing Jack would be boring and stupid and melodramatic. Which is probably why TPTB would consider it. However, they're so obsessed with dollar signs that they could never TRULY kill off any of the characters because it'd make it harder to do any movies or bump the ratings on Atlantis by having someone from SG-1 guest.

Now. implying that Jack might be dead.... having a whole ugly scenario leading up to it... that might work. But only if you imply the deaths of more of the team, too. Leave one lone survivor, struggling to pick up the pieces of his/her shattered life and continue, maybe begin some mad quest to prove that "they aren't dead!"

Comment

Noooo...don't kill him....firslty it's no the onlu and not the best way to get rid of him and they know that...secondly if they would do that then there would be a lot of BringBackJack site and groups...like there were with Kirk...but this time I'll be in one of them...so better not kill him

Comment

The post is about killing Jack off in the last episode of the series. Hard to have a "Save Jack!" campaign when there's nowhere left for him to go.

Comment

never!

Jack is the best thing there is!

Besides they want too make stargate II the movie.
                      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                        Besides they want too make stargate II the movie.
                        If they're making Stargate II it will likely star Kurt Russel. Or someone else. A trainked monkey. ANYONE but RDA.

However, if they made a Stargate SG-1 movie, it would most definitely star RDA.

Let's not get the two mixed up. The original movie with the original actors has original producers that loathe and despise everything that SG-1 is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          The post is about killing Jack off in the last episode of the series. Hard to have a "Save Jack!" campaign when there's nowhere left for him to go.
                          as you see there are a lot of ppl saying NO , this ppl will do a "Save Jack!" campaign no matter what...there are just other ways to get rid of him...send him to work in the whote house...it's nice and we know that he is still there...or let him go live on some other planet...no death

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                            as you see there are a lot of ppl saying NO , this ppl will do a "Save Jack!" campaign no matter what...there are just other ways to get rid of him...send him to work in the whote house...it's nice and we know that he is still there...or let him go live on some other planet...no death
                            I dunno... There were no "Save" campaigns for any of the Space: Above & Beyond characters that got killed in the finale, none for Buffy, none for Angel- save the show in general, but that's different.

I still think an apocalyptic finale could be very cool, but Jack shouldn't be singled out as the ONLY one to "die".

Comment

Bottom line: Having a tragic ending to the series just doesn't suit it. While there has been tragedy and drama over the course of the show, it really doesn't feel right that there would be any kind of a depressing ending. It just isn't the Stargate SG-1 way.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X