PDA

View Full Version : The SUPREME Thor/Heimdall Shipper Thread

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
if you're curious...look here...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1053

so uhm...yes...

Just cuz they're genderless (well that's still under debate) doesnt mean they dont have hearts!

wait...the asgard do have hearts right?!

Jprime
May 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
hehehe... i was wondering how many minutes id have to wait after posting that idea...

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 06:52 PM
hehehe... i was wondering how many minutes id have to wait after posting that idea...
how many was it, exactly?

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM
At the very least they could have a *platonic* relationship.
Nola

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Ha! Thor/Heimdall shippers are just displaced Daniel/Janet shippers! ;)

Hehehe. Nah. I like Thor and LOVE Heimdall, but I prefer 'em to have a platonic relationship...

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 06:57 PM
At the very least they could have a *platonic* relationship.
Nola
exactly! i think the writers need to get cracking on thor and heimdall!

Jprime
May 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
For the record it was about 25 minutes.
For the platonic advocates: lets not forget Freyr!

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Ha! Thor/Heimdall shippers are just displaced Daniel/Janet shippers! ;)

Hehehe. Nah. I like Thor and LOVE Heimdall, but I prefer 'em to have a platonic relationship...
i know, i just realized that when writing this post!

i dunno...they're just so cute...cute cute cute cute together!!!! i just get this warm fuzzy feeling...i guess...

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM
we just need to see an episode with mass asgard action

no no not THAT kind of action..

like them hanging out, chillin, on a beach...on vacation i dunno...something...

playing pictionary...

nonono...watching star wars...

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Freyr is apparently embarrassed by his physique - otherwise he wouldn't need the he-man hologram.
Nmom

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Freyr is apparently embarrassed by his physique - otherwise he wouldn't need the he-man hologram.
Nmom
trying to make up for something he doesnt have maybe?

i personally always thought freyr was on some kind of freaky twisted asgard crack...

i do love freyr!

i just always thought he was on something

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Yep. Definitely overcompensating for something. Although Thor's hologram was quite he-manly, too. Maybe that's a clue about them...

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
However, the ancient Asgard (in Heimdall's lab) were very tall and somewhat muscular. Perhaps it's a cultural attachment?
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Kinda makes ya wonder just what sort of "experiments" Heimdall was planning with the big guy...

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM
MORE double-entendres Shadow? What will they think of you at the garden club?????
Nola

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Kinda makes ya wonder just what sort of "experiments" Heimdall was planning with the big guy...
ack!!! *shudders*

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 07:37 PM
MORE double-entendres Shadow? What will they think of you at the garden club?????
*bats eyelashes* I still have no idea what you could possibly mean, Nola dear. If you're reading something into my innocent little words, that's no fault of mine... ;)

Jprime
May 30th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Man i left for a few minutes to get this pic and the post count doubled! I thought i was alone...obviously not!

Anyhow heres the pic of everybodies favorite couple!

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexicon/images/asgard.jpg

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Man i left for a few minutes to get this pic and the post count doubled! I thought i was alone...obviously not!

Anyhow heres the pic of everybodies favorite couple!

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexicon/images/asgard.jpg
ooooohhhhh

i'm so tempted to write Thor/Heimdall fanfiction....

so so SO tempted...

SO SO SO

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 07:41 PM
It's not showing up for me :(
Nmom

AH HA - THERE it is! Thanks.

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 07:46 PM
It's not showing up for me :(
Nmom
i just right clicked on the x and got the link from properties =)

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Is that actually Thor and Heimy? Looks like a pic from Fifth Race. In which case it's almost certainly Thor (the tall one), but the other could be just about anyone. Freyr or Loki (pre-ban) or Odin or Balder...

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM
That pic IS from the Fifth Race, not Revelations. So, we don't know for a fact that it is Heimdall at all.
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM
MUAHAHA... At last, I have achieved greatness! And a very kickin' Nirrti av, too, I must say... :D

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 08:14 PM
it only took what...800 posts?

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 08:16 PM
It may actually have taken less, but she just noticed. Note how the power hasn't corrupted her (any more!)
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I don't think I could have gotten any more corrupted- I mean, PURE- than I already was. :P

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 08:41 PM
lookie at my signature!!!

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 08:47 PM
That's just.... disturbing, somehow. ;)

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 08:48 PM
That's just.... disturbing, somehow. ;)
i know!

isnt it though? disturbing in that oh so good way

no what would be even more disturbing is if you saw how long i actually spent making that!

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Is Heimy the one standing? Thor's usually reclining...

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 08:57 PM
yeah, heimdall is overlooking thor with those "oh baby, you so seksay" eyes...

well..not really

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I think the fact that I can tell them apart worries me even more than the sig itself...

Mr Prophet
May 30th, 2004, 09:16 PM

Come on, guys; Freyr's got the angst going on.

Mythology: Freyr falls in love with the giantess Gerda, woos and wins her but at the cost of his magical sword (ultimately leading to his death at Ragnarok).

History of the Asgard: Clearly the myths reflect the fact that Freyr fell in love with a Goa'uld at some stage, with predictably tragic consequences. He probably mopes around a whole bunch, writing bad poetry using a variety of lurid imagery to descibe glowing eyes and vocal flanging.

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Come on, guys; Freyr's got the angst going on.

Mythology: Freyr falls in love with the giantess Gerda, woos and wins her but at the cost of his magical sword (ultimately leading to his death at Ragnarok).

History of the Asgard: Clearly the myths reflect the fact that Freyr fell in love with a Goa'uld at some stage, with predictably tragic consequences. He probably mopes around a whole bunch, writing bad poetry using a variety of lurid imagery to descibe glowing eyes and vocal flanging.
hahahahaha oh man *dies in laughter*

but...poor freyr...

i can see it now...
freyr meets goa'uld
goa'uld does cliche glowing eyes then "prepare to meet your doom sort of thing"
freyr goes all giddy...

tragic baby...tragic *tear rolls down eye*

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hmm... Just how old ARE the Asgard? And are they un-infectable by the goa'uld? Or is that a side effect of their body recycling? Maybe hundreds of thousands of years ago, when the Asgard were still tall Freyr was in love with Gerda who either was or became a goa'uld host. Strange things happened until Freyr could no longer deny that Gerda was to blame. A trial ensued, the truth was made known, and Gerda was banished or killed or suicided or something, leaving behind a bereft Freyr... As long as we don't look too closely at timelines, that could be interesting.

Maybe Gerda revealed the location of the Furling's hidden outpost or something tragic like that. The Fellowship- I mean, the Alliance or whatever they are decided that the Asgard could no longer be completely trusted and they gradually broke apart- the Ancients becoming consumed with their own problems and fleeing, the Furlings heading off to who knows where, the Nox staying out of things entirely, and the Asgard plodding along, trying to pretend everything was OK...

May 30th, 2004, 09:27 PM
let's start Thor/Hammond Shipper!!!

Mr Prophet
May 30th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Well, if we wanted to go 'upbeat' (and remember, sports fans, it's only a thousand years since the Asgard were able to get it on to some degree), the full story is:

Freyr sneaks into Odin's seat of seeing and spies the Frost Giant Gerda from afar. He is smitten at once and sends his servant Skirnir, all kitted out, to woo the lass by proxy.
Gerda laughs off all of Freyr's offers and promises, since her father is wealthier than the gods and just as badass.
Skirnir basically tells her that if she doesn't marry Freyr, he'll kill her father.
Gerda marries Freyr, reluctantly, but - and get ready to go aww - the warmth of his love melts her frosty heart and all is happiness and tweety bluebirds.
Aww.
In gratitude, Freyr gives his magical dancing sword to Skirnir (having previously loaned it for the threatening of potential fathers-in-law), and at Ragnarok the fire giant Surtur therefore tears Freyr limbs-from-limb.

But if we miss out that last paragraph, we could see this as Asgard-meets-Goa'uld; Asgard falls in love with Goa'uld; Asgard's servants forcibly abduct Goa'uld; Asgard removes Goa'uld and lives happily with host/Asgard removes effects of sarcophagus from Goa'uld and lives happily with Goa'uld.

Take your pick.

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 09:33 PM
let's start Thor/Hammond Shipper!!!
whoa...never thought of that one

i guess i could see it though

i always thought it would be hammond/frasier though...

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Well, if we wanted to go 'upbeat' (and remember, sports fans, it's only a thousand years since the Asgard were able to get it on to some degree), the full story is:

Freyr sneaks into Odin's seat of seeing and spies the Frost Giant Gerda from afar. He is smitten at once and sends his servant Skirnir, all kitted out, to woo the lass by proxy.
Gerda laughs off all of Freyr's offers and promises, since her father is wealthier than the gods and just as badass.
Skirnir basically tells her that if she doesn't marry Freyr, he'll kill her father.
Gerda marries Freyr, reluctantly, but - and get ready to go aww - the warmth of his love melts her frosty heart and all is happiness and tweety bluebirds.
Aww.
In gratitude, Freyr gives his magical dancing sword to Skirnir (having previously loaned it for the threatening of potential fathers-in-law), and at Ragnarok the fire giant Surtur therefore tears Freyr limbs-from-limb.

But if we miss out that last paragraph, we could see this as Asgard-meets-Goa'uld; Asgard falls in love with Goa'uld; Asgard's servants forcibly abduct Goa'uld; Asgard removes Goa'uld and lives happily with host/Asgard removes effects of sarcophagus from Goa'uld and lives happily with Goa'uld.

Take your pick.
awwwwwww

May 30th, 2004, 09:51 PM
whoa...never thought of that one

i guess i could see it though

i always thought it would be hammond/frasier though...
WOW!!! Wait!!! Was there already Fraiser/Sam Shipper?!?!?! cause that's all i can think about!!! :o

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 09:55 PM
WOW!!! Wait!!! Was there already Fraiser/Sam Shipper?!?!?! cause that's all i can think about!!! :o
i'm not into slash relationships personally...

i dont know...i just see a connection with Hammond and janet

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 10:06 PM

Aww.

Take your pick.
was this stuff explained in stargate? about the myths and stuff or is it just information you've read somewhere?

i honestly am not familiar with these myths and stuff

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 10:40 PM
I made another one

so everyone can remember freyr's love!

http://www.eharu.net/sg/freyr.gif

Bagpuss
May 30th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I love this Thread! :D

Normally, I don't really have much interest in any "Shippiness" pairings on Stargate SG-1,but I'll make an exception for Thor/Heimdall!

They're just so CUTE. I love the Asgard! :D

Supreme Commander Thor
May 30th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Look, I have to stop this rediculous thread now!! There is NO WAY I would pair up with another Asgard. We have gene pool problems... It is to the point where we don't tell Asgard redneck jokes anymore... like, you might be an asgard redneck if your family tree has a circular reference... well, in our case it is a few THOUSAND references..

and let me tell you another thing, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pair up with Heimdall... Not my type... I am more a carter or anise type... I would love for either of them to help me remember how to proliferate the Asgard race... Plus, we need some of that inferior human gene back in the pool... it has been way too long...

but let me get one thing straight... NO WAY NO WHERE NO HOW would I pair up with Heimdall..

Crazedwraith
May 31st, 2004, 01:15 AM
Look, I have to stop this rediculous thread now!! There is NO WAY I would pair up with another Asgard. We have gene pool problems... It is to the point where we don't tell Asgard redneck jokes anymore... like, you might be an asgard redneck if your family tree has a circular reference... well, in our case it is a few THOUSAND references..

and let me tell you another thing, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pair up with Heimdall... Not my type... I am more a carter or anise type... I would love for either of them to help me remember how to proliferate the Asgard race... Plus, we need some of that inferior human gene back in the pool... it has been way too long...

but let me get one thing straight... NO WAY NO WHERE NO HOW would I pair up with Heimdall..

quiet you, your just a "Jaffa warrrior" thus you can't be the real Thor.

And if Freyr had to give up his sword shouldn't he have to fall in love with a pafacist nox?

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 03:51 AM
Thor/Lya? ;)

Crazedwraith
May 31st, 2004, 04:10 AM
Thor/Lya? ;)
No Freyr/Lya! I bet Quark wouldn't be happy, though?

Mr Prophet
May 31st, 2004, 04:24 AM
was this stuff explained in stargate? about the myths and stuff or is it just information you've read somewhere?

i honestly am not familiar with these myths and stuff

It's all kosher, so to speak. Freyr disobeyed Odin's command that none but he sit in the seat of seeing, and Freyr's punishment was that it led to him seeing Gerda, falling in love, giving away his magic sword and thus dying at Ragnarok. Not that he became a pacifist, mind; he just wasn't as boss without the dancing sword.

Hmm; wish I could remember what it was called.

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 05:00 AM
Look, I have to stop this rediculous thread now!!

Too late! It has taken on a life of its own. Besides, what's so wrong about a relationship between two of the best-looking Asgard in the galaxy? Heimdall is very animated. She/he/it has an expressive voice and bouncy manner. Now I know that Thor tends to be on the serious side, but really, opposites *do* attract. Since Thor has spent so much time around Jack, he really should be loosening up, don't you think?
Nmom

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 05:20 AM
I got the distinct impression Heimdall seemed somewhat...jealous of Carter spending all that time with Thor... :D

A big plate of Asgard-shaped shipper cookies for everyone!

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 05:21 AM
It's all kosher, so to speak. Freyr disobeyed Odin's command that none but he sit in the seat of seeing, and Freyr's punishment was that it led to him seeing Gerda, falling in love, giving away his magic sword and thus dying at Ragnarok. Not that he became a pacifist, mind; he just wasn't as boss without the dancing sword.

Hmm; wish I could remember what it was called.

Can't find any reference in my books or on the Net so far. :(

Only mentions are about "The Sword Of Freyr".

Not much help, IMO!

I'm hoping you have better luck finding it's name.

Something snappy like "Sting"or "Krang",hopefully. ;)

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 05:26 AM
S###w the Myths!

Down With Freyr!

Thor and Heimdall Forever!

Sorry! Got a bit carried away! Won't happen again..... :o

*Heads For Cover!*

Only Kidding,............ ;)

Bast
May 31st, 2004, 05:45 AM
They need female asgards this season , Not including that ancestor thing.

Mr Prophet
May 31st, 2004, 07:39 AM
They need female asgards this season , Not including that ancestor thing.

Well, technically they've all been 'neutral' for the past thousand years, so female Asgard would be a bit like female Transformers; they'd probably end up being pink and excruciatingly girly.

If you mean Asgard who are female Aesir, I'd agree; except it gets a little confusing if Freyja the Asgard were to turn up after Freya the Tok'ra.

New Asgard: I am Freyja.
Jack: Have you done something with your hair?

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 09:26 AM
Dont let the thread die~~!!!!

Anubis
May 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM
It's strange we've never seen any female Asgards. I wonder why?

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 09:41 AM
We may have, we just didnt realize it. Heimdall strikes me as female... ;)

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 09:43 AM
Isn't there a Asgard Gender discussion thread somewhere? I've been afraid to read it. ;)

I agree, I got the distinct impression that Heimdall was female, probably because of Teryl's voice. But mythologically speaking, Heimy was definitely male...

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 09:47 AM
We may have, we just didnt realize it.

Agreed - why would we realize such a thing? Do we truly expect them to have the same paraphernalia as we have just because they are bipedal?

Heimdall strikes me as female... ;)

Likely because Hiemdall has a female actor doing the voice. However, I think the mannerisms are different too.
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 09:51 AM
If Heimy isn't female, he's almost certainly a bit... er... wiffly. ;)

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 09:55 AM
Well, you can't say "light in the loafers" since they don't wear any! I like to think of Heimdall as gender female (sex may be neuter). As a sociologist, I prefer to separate the idea of gender and sex - the former is the attitudes and self-concepts one holds, the latter is simply a matter of plumbing. :p
Nmom

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 11:16 AM
First of all to Supreme Commander Thor:

Didnt you see the hearts in heimdall's eyes when heimdall whisked you away from anubis' ship? there were some sparks flying there, and i think you have a little thing for heimdall too!

Anyway...

I really thought they shouldnt have refered to heimdall as a male character. There is some serious female characteristics in heimdall. I really wish they did introduce some butt kicking "female" asgard as well. that would be so awesome. In fact they really didnt mention the asgard gender until o'neill said him or something...i have to watch that episode again soon

Jprime...i think i am going to have to make asgard cookies now....what type of cookies should we commemorate Thor/Heimdall's love with?

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 12:18 PM
Even Thor refers to Heimdall as a "he" - but I think he was trying to throw Jack off the track. :D
Nola

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 12:26 PM
yes, thor is just trying to keep jack's grubby hands off of heimdall!

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 12:36 PM
I always knew Jack was a Pervy Asgard Fancier.

Thor will kill him if he tries anything. ;)

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 12:46 PM
I don't know - exotic slanty eyes, deep, dark...trim petite body...okay, the hair isn't there, and NO wardrobe, but there are possibilities... :D

Mr Prophet
May 31st, 2004, 01:01 PM
How's this for wardrobe?

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/files/villp.jpg

Sort of thing you had in mind, or is this a little...too much?

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 01:06 PM
oh my...holy freaking grey aliens!

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 01:41 PM
oh my...holy freaking grey aliens!

LOL! Chocolate chip laced with Naquadria cookies are the only ones I thought worthy of thier love!

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 01:45 PM
the eyes could be the naquadria!

i was thinking shortbread cookies actually...choco chip is so...so...overdone?

i dont know

ooh white choco chip macadamia nut cookies

Mmmmmmmmmm

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 01:47 PM
Almonds would be more appropriately eye shaped. ;)

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 01:48 PM
almonds...covered in naquadria?!

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 01:50 PM
almonds...covered in naquadria?!
Almonds from an alond tree grown in naquada-enriched soil and fed weekly with Naquada Gro(tm). Under the right conditions, they glow...

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 01:53 PM
oooh yeah, i'm loving that idea!

where might i procure some of these...nuts?

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 01:54 PM
where might i procure some of these...nuts?
You have to ask Luke. Duh! ;)

Luke has the best n-... er... ingredients. :D Big 'uns, too...

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 01:55 PM
Icing! Almost as yummy as Heimdall! Lucky Thor!

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 05:33 PM
Fluffy has been roaming the galaxy...
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/thor%20with%20fluffy.gif
He gets around.
Nmom

Jprime
May 31st, 2004, 05:45 PM
:) LOL! Nice job on the edge covering...

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 06:36 PM
oh now that's just awesome!

stargate barbie
May 31st, 2004, 07:06 PM
personally i think that thor and heimdall should make little asgard babies. and by make i mean clone. :)

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 07:07 PM
personally i think that thor and heimdall should make little asgard babies. and by make i mean clone. :)
Yeah, then foist them off on "Uncle Jack" as part of their education... or maybe part of Jack's education! ;)

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 07:09 PM
Yeah, then foist them off on "Uncle Jack" as part of their education... or maybe part of Jack's education! ;)
"uncle Jaaack! teach me about curons based energy!"

jack: uh..........do you like ice cream?

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 07:11 PM
Yay! Cosmic Babysitting,Jack Style! :)

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 07:14 PM
now i want to see a daycare with asgard, goa'uld, jaffa, nox, and any other aliens you can come up with..

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 07:23 PM
now i want to see a daycare with asgard, goa'uld, jaffa, nox, and any other aliens you can come up with..
Four Races Daycare: Ancient, Asgard, Furlings, Nox. Baby Nott (Asgard) is afraid of the dark (hehe), Baby Flinx (Furling) is afraid of tentacles (think about it, hehe), Baby Blundell (Nox) is a bully, and Baby Seela the Ancient is allergic to everything.

Then a new family moves into the neighborhood and we have baby Goa'uld with a god complex and their own pint-size security force. Although the staff weapons are just broomsticks chopped in half and the Jaffa tend to trip over them or hit each other over the head with 'em.

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Jack would make an excellent babysitter - just look!
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/shipboard.gif
Nmom

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 09:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww! Jack and Fluffy just look so Cute!! :D

How cute can that little Fluffball get?

(When he's not destroying Worlds and shoes,socks,and anything else he can climb up on! :cool: )

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 04:56 AM
Jack would make an excellent babysitter - just look!
Nmom

awwww!!!

Jprime
June 1st, 2004, 05:12 AM
Awww! Shadow, if you dont wanna write a fic about that daycare I will!

Jprime
June 1st, 2004, 04:49 PM
Im thinking the Asgard are the only ones with the facilities to maintain containment on such dangerous youngsters... A mini "Thor's Hammer" perhaps?

Jprime
June 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM
lolz

Jprime
June 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Maybe baby Nott is Heimy and Thor's (they contributed the DNA).

Nolamom
June 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Maybe baby Nott is Heimy and Thor's (they contributed the DNA).

Yeppers...
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/asgard%20family.gif

Doesn't Nott look like her folks?
Nmom

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
oh i want one!!! can i have one? pleaaase?

stargate barbie
June 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
noo. you can't keep him... :o

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM
Hey now... I know it's hard to tell gender in the Asgard, but Nott's a girl. :P Personification of the Night in Norse myth. She was born at night, so it seemed like as good a name as any. ;) Also explains the irony of her nyctophobia. :P Technically, she's the daughter of Narvi, but we can probably overlook that detail...

Nolamom
June 1st, 2004, 08:00 PM
Okay, I fixed the little sex/gender problem with my post. I hope I didn't give the poor thing a complex!
Nmom

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
She wears little pink bows and everything.

Of course, the lack of hair means the bows tend to fall off, but still... ;)

Nolamom
June 1st, 2004, 08:03 PM
Oh no! Does this mean I have to back into Photoshop and put a BOW on the child?
Nmom

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:11 PM
Oh no! Does this mean I have to back into Photoshop and put a BOW on the child?
LOL! No, it probably fell off before the pic was taken. Then Fluffy ate it. :P

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 05:24 AM
LOL! I could just see Heimy trying to get one to stay on and Thor calmly pointing out that Nott could just as well identify as male. This of course annoys Heimy and makes her try harder. Poor kid... :p

Nolamom
June 2nd, 2004, 05:33 AM
Just to address Shadow's sensibilities...

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/asgard%20family2.gif

They may have had to use a stapler to get it to stay on though...

Nmom

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 05:39 AM
Oh man! Poor little asgard baby! It occurs to me that most of the Asgard are mentally hundreds if not thousands of years old. Nott would probably be the one of the first new asgard born in a long time! I daresay the Asgard need all the help they can get when it comes to childcare!

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Oh man! Poor little asgard baby! It occurs to me that most of the Asgard are mentally hundreds if not thousands of years old. Nott would probably be the one of the first new asgard born in a long time! I daresay the Asgard need all the help they can get when it comes to childcare!

I'm confused...if the consciousness of an asgard is transmitted from one body to another, wouldnt Nott be a little upset that er...her conscience is put into a little "minified" asgard? i mean...think about it...would any of you like your conscience to be stuffed into a three year old body?

now i dunno about you...but it would be quite difficult when it comes to going to the liquor store...

now this is assuming that Nott wasnt created by natural means...and someone gave birth to Nott...i'm just going by the argument that all asgard are tranfered into a clone body...

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Normally the Asgard are transferred when their bodies are old and busted. It would be a simple matter to clone a body (minus the accelerated aging and brain-implant). This would mean that the clone would be a kid, both intellectually and physically.

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 07:17 AM
Normally the Asgard are transferred when their bodies are old and busted. It would be a simple matter to clone a body (minus the accelerated aging and brain-implant). This would mean that the clone would be a kid, both intellectually and physically.

yeah but i really dont wanna see that...i mean they're already maxed out all the stuff they can do...i mean if ou think about it if they cloned a body now, with all the degredation that's going on from clone to clone...their brains would be absolute mush...from my impression, the clone bodies are bodies...with nothing inside until you transfer the consceience into them

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:22 AM
I dont think the Asgard have genetic memoire, so each clone replacement body probably has a working brain with a brand new consciousness. Since the Asgard are pretty humanitarian (asgard-itarian) I think this is wiped before the clone is finished (born). If this was not done, a clone would emmerge with a fresh mind.

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Also, why dont the Asgard just clone the big dude in the deep freeze (if Heimdall leaves him alone) and use the clones for bodies? It would last them many years until they could resolve the problems they encountered last time they tried it.

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:26 AM

Its possible then that Thor was around at the time of the Alliance! Maybe ill write a fic about that... "Junior Commander Thor" anyone?

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 07:28 AM
Its possible then that Thor was around at the time of the Alliance! Maybe ill write a fic about that... "Junior Commander Thor" anyone?

hahaha, sorry to be too technical, you can write about whatever you want =)

its just after reading about this guy dissecting this article on DNA retorically it tends to get to you =)

i'd like to see anything you write, it doesnt matter what it is =) i was confused and merely posing a question =)

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:29 AM
Its all good :)

Im into genetics myself.

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 07:32 AM
Its all good :)

Im into genetics myself.

i'll let ya in on a secret, i hate genetics *giggle* i'm only reading it because my professor is forcing me to!

but the cloning thing is actually interesting to a certain point.

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Lolz. I got interested after listening to "A short history of nearly everything". Its pretty cool when you consider its truly the basis of all life...

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
excluding silicon based aliens and stuff..

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 07:39 AM
Lolz. I got interested after listening to "A short history of nearly everything". Its pretty cool when you consider its truly the basis of all life...

ooh i've been wanting to read that

anyway, i would really like to see an episode where they really go into the cloning of the asgard and their means of transporting the conscience from one body to another. they need to have another episode where the asgard are playing a pretty big role (like in small victories, i swear by that episode).

also i know they blew up the o'neill but did they make another ship like that one or just kind of gave up on the whole idea of making "MASS MEGA WE GO BOOOM!" ship. i wanted to see more of that ship...perhaps the inside of the ship...

i'm guessing on the bridge of the o'neill was this huge painting of o'neill...their hero.

for anyone who notices, yes indeed i changed my avatar...everyone uses daniel!

Nolamom
June 2nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
I don't. I'm thinking that the Asgard can create immature Asgards with the ability to grow and learn - in effect becoming entirely NEW people. Just because it's not sexual reproduction, doesn't mean that they can't have "the next generation".

Nmom

Mr Prophet
June 2nd, 2004, 09:49 AM
I dont think the Asgard have genetic memoire, so each clone replacement body probably has a working brain with a brand new consciousness. Since the Asgard are pretty humanitarian (asgard-itarian) I think this is wiped before the clone is finished (born). If this was not done, a clone would emmerge with a fresh mind.

The brain would be undeveloped though. Neural pathways form through experience and learning, not genetics; the cloned body would have no established pathways and thus no more awareness or intellect than a foetus. When the consciousness was transferred, the process would have to 'write' these pathways. There would be no consciousness in the clone's brain until then, and when the existing mind was written on it would destroy nothing; just create a 'copy' of the original's memories in the new brain.

Nolamom
June 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
Maybe the Asgard have concentrated on science and technology for so long that they've ignored their baser instincts?

http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/thor%20and%20heimdall.gif

Something to consider...
Nmom

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
QUOTE:

The brain would be undeveloped though. Neural pathways form through experience and learning, not genetics; the cloned body would have no established pathways and thus no more awareness or intellect than a foetus. When the consciousness was transferred, the process would have to 'write' these pathways. There would be no consciousness in the clone's brain until then, and when the existing mind was written on it would destroy nothing; just create a 'copy' of the original's memories in the new brain.

END QUOTE

Thats exactly what I meant to say.

Jprime
June 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
That doesnt stop Nott!

Jprime
June 3rd, 2004, 02:04 PM
How do you post images? I made a few of Nott, Thor, and Heimdall on a camping trip with funny captions! :D

Jprime
June 4th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Ive posted the first chappy of the Four Races daycare series!

Torley
June 4th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Hahaha... this is so cute... reminds me kind of that Muppet Babies series... or those comics they did of a young Mario Brothers and Bowser :P

ShadowMaat
June 5th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Incidentally, someone over on Gaters.net has an av of Thor with hair. Teal'c with hair is OK, maybe, but THOR with hair looks... well, honestly, it kinda reminds me of a baby ostrich... ;)

shinyredpants
June 6th, 2004, 08:31 AM
it kinda looked like the asgard never had hair..

i dont know what they'd do with it if they had it!

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Pigtails.

Nolamom
June 8th, 2004, 08:15 PM
How do you post images? I made a few of Nott, Thor, and Heimdall on a camping trip with funny captions! :D

Post the images on another webpage (your homepage perhaps) then use the button above (insert image) and post the picture's properties URL there. Viola! Picture inserted.
Nmom

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 08:24 PM
But i think one of the rules said to 'link' to the images, but i forgot...

Jprime
June 9th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Oh ok. Ill try and get my page back up so you guys can marvel at my horrible photoshop skills...

Nolamom
June 10th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Nott decided on pigtails this week.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/nott%20with%20pigtails.gif

Nmom

Elwe Singollo
June 10th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Thats kind of scary Nola... :( ;)

Torley
June 10th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Haha... looks kind of like Frank the rabbit from Donnie Darko... in a way... hahaha... or Pippi Longstocking -- the twisted, intergalactic version that is!!

Nolamom
June 11th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Well, if Thor is a Supreme Commander, he ought to look the part.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/supreme%20thor.gif

Nmom

Jprime
June 11th, 2004, 05:27 AM
OH MAN THATS FUNNY... :D
Almost dropped the Dr.Pepper

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Glad you liked it. I'm just having too much fun with Photoshop. Playing around is a good way to learn how to use a program. I'm thinking of doing an entire series of Asgard in costume - cowboys, witches, clowns...anything for Trick or Treating.
Nmom