This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Rings fans unite!

Am I the ONLY LOTR fan here? heads up, this thread is for anything partaining to the LOTR stories. I feel all alone .
    Are there any Aragorn fans present? Or Leggie fans?

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Fellow LotR fan right here. Been there for all three of them. (Even hit New Zealand for the World Premiere of Return of the King. - Now that was a trip. )

Comment

Yup, I'm a LOTR fan...

I only got to the midnight showing of ROTK though- the other two I had to go the day after they came out.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

you saw the world premier?! i'm turning green with envy right now!
        I also only saw ROTK at midnight.
        Has any one heard anything about the Hobbit movie they're supposed to make?

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          Fellow LotR fan right here. Been there for all three of them. (Even hit New Zealand for the World Premiere of Return of the King. - Now that was a trip. )
          So did I..was so awesome. Then spent 3 weeks travelling around NZ, was so beautiful.

Comment

Yo. 'Rings' rocks.

Comment

There are quite a number of Lord of the Rings fans around the forum...

Huge fan of Legolas... Orlando did a great job of portraying the character...

Huge fan of Faramir... Love David Wenham but peeved with the writers for changing the Faramir arc in the movie...

Huge fan of Gandalf

Got the trilogy in one volume, Alan Lee's illustrated version of the trilogy, EE boxsets for all three... are we fans?... yup...

Yes... we have also read The Silmarillion...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Joining in...

A fan of Eomer, Theoden, Faramir and Elves in general. Though I confess I've only read about two and a third of the books. I kinda skipped out the first bit of the Fellowship up until the bit that Aragorn joins them. I had tried to read the first bit, but never got anywhere far.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  Yes... we have also read The Silmarillion...
                  Same here. And I've read Unfinished Tales. Tolkien also had about ten books published by his son containing all his works. They are awsome. Unlike the finished articles there are lots of different versions of the stories and you get to get inside the man's head. Genius.

I would love for them to make The Hobbit film. So long as all the same people are involved in producing it they can't go wrong. It would have everything that the LOTR trilogy has but in one film. You could even have Legolas fighting with the Elves in MIrkwood, as he does come from there, and maybe a young Gimli marching to help the Dwarves under Erebor. It would make for brilliant watching- banter of the dwarves on the journey, adventure story, amazing fight scene at the end.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                    Same here. And I've read Unfinished Tales. Tolkien also had about ten books published by his son containing all his works. They are awsome. Unlike the finished articles there are lots of different versions of the stories and you get to get inside the man's head. Genius.

I would love for them to make The Hobbit film. So long as all the same people are involved in producing it they can't go wrong. It would have everything that the LOTR trilogy has but in one film. You could even have Legolas fighting with the Elves in MIrkwood, as he does come from there, and maybe a young Gimli marching to help the Dwarves under Erebor. It would make for brilliant watching- banter of the dwarves on the journey, adventure story, amazing fight scene at the end.
                    I've never read any of the Christopher Tolkien books but I'm not a huge fan of fantasy... only LOTR and C S Lewis...

I remember watching a puppet show of The Hobbit and it was very very cool. The puppeteers were wearing black, crouched down next to the puppet... it took me a few minutes before I realised what was happening. It was a lot of fun... pity they had to cut out a few things...

In some ways I like The Hobbit more than LOTR sacrilege I know... but there's that lovely British humour... all that understatement and extremely witty. The early part of Fellowship reflects some of that humour.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

At school we had to choose a book aimed at an adult audience and one aimed at children. So someone chose The Hobbit as a child's book and LOTR as an adult's book. I never saw the Hobbit as a child's book. Is it supposed to be?

Bit annoyed that in the film they left out Tom Bombadil, but not as much as when they left out the scouring of the shire at the end. They should have still filmed it and released it with the extended DVD, even if cinema audiences wouldn't sit through it all.

Has anyone watched all three extended DVDs back to back in one day? I did, it hurt my eyes so much I had to take my contact lenses out.
                      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato

Comment

The Hobbit was written for his children so I think that is where the association comes from.

Not filming the Scouring of the Shire was somewhat disappointing but inevitable in a way... I thought the Hobbits were sidelined in the TTT so had a strong feeling that the emphasis would be shifted away from them. Whatever the flaws, PJ did a fabulous job...

The day after Boxing Day last year, we got together with some friends and watched the LOTR EE back to back in one day. It started at around 9:15 am and ended around 10 pm... which included toilet and meal breaks. Never thought one could be tired out watching movies But we did it and actually it makes much more sense to do it this way if it wasn't so long...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          The Hobbit was written for his children so I think that is where the association comes from.
                          Not filming the Scouring of the Shire was somewhat disappointing but inevitable in a way... I thought the Hobbits were sidelined in the TTT so had a strong feeling that the emphasis would be shifted away from them. Whatever the flaws, PJ did a fabulous job...
                          Thanks. I didn't know that about the Hobbit.

Yeah, there were parts missing from the show, but they did manage to capture the essense of the book.
                          The films also did a lot for archery. At the club I go to, loads of children keep signing up purely because they want to be like Legolas.

Comment

I am a huge LOTR fan. I have read the trilogy and the Hobbit and now I'm reading the Silmarillion. I have seen the Rings several times and got them in DVD.
                            I like elves the most, I even found an elvish dictionary in the net.
                            LIGHT YOR PATH WITH THE FORCE, YOU CAN

Comment

Exactly how obsessed are some of you?
                              I myself got together with some friends and put on a play of the Fellowship, crazy I know, but fun!
                              Has anyone else noticed that the first time you see Legolas, his eyes are BROWN, not blue?

Comment

Working...
                              X