This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica Kobol's Last Gleaming Part 1

Does anyone know what Baltar said to Boomer when he found her about to kill herself? I know he said "There are far worse things then death in this world" and then continued anyone know what he said?

Transcribed by me just now.

Gaius: "sometimes we must embrase that which opens up for us."
    Bommer: "embarse?"
    Gaius: "life can be a curse as well as a blessing, you will belive me when i tell you there are far worse thing than death in this world."
    Boomer: "so your saying..."
    Gauis: "no no no, what i say is meaningless. listen to your heart. embrase that which you know to be the right desission"

then he kisses her head

sweet scene.
    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

You know I thought it was a sweet scene myself, but when you listen to the podcast RDM sheds a whole new light on it.

He says that Baltar is extemely manipulative, by manouvering Boomer back to suicide he's saving himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        You know I thought it was a sweet scene myself, but when you listen to the podcast RDM sheds a whole new light on it.

He says that Baltar is extemely manipulative, by manouvering Boomer back to suicide he's saving himself.
        and the human survivors... which if Boomer was actuly worried about hurting someone she may have rather killed her self than comited the act.

but yeah Gauis is quite minipulative.
        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Now I saw this seen as a failed manipulation.

I thought he was trying to STOP her from killing herself....not out any sort of compassionate feeling but to cover up the fact that his cylon detector does work and he lied about her or seems incompitent because the detector didn't work on her. Just in case an autopsy or some such thing was done to the body and she is revealed to be a cylon in a different way.

I saw him trying to protect his own ego and image by keeping somebody alive, rather than trying to tie up a loose end.

Bad man in either event
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I thought he was wanting her to kill herself, because Six said there was danger aboard the Galactica, so his first thoughts went to the cylon agent he knew about. If she kills herself, no more agent.

Comment

I saw it as Gaius trying to talk her into killing herself too. That way she wouldn't pose a problem to him anymore. Plus, Six had told him earlier that something bad was going to happen on Galactica, and then during his sit-down with Boomer Six told him that Boomer will eventually complete her assignment. It seemed to me a typical example of Baltar acting solely in his self interest. If he had really been interested in the greater good, he would've told Adama about Boomer's test results as soon as Adama tested human. But instead Baltar's lieing to everyone about whether or not there are Cylons aboard because he's afraid it'll piss off the Cylons.
              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

We never really know about Adama's test results, do we? Nor do we know about Tigh's wife's results.

Comment

I loved the scene with Boomer and Baltar, it was touching. I think it was
                  a turning point for both charcters. Baltar knew Boomer was going to kill.
                  At the same time he can't stop her because he told her she wasn't a Cylon.
                  All he could do is tell her to listen to her heart and do what is right.
                  It could have meant to not kill herself. She didnt...even though she tried.
                  It was apparent she wanted to live...and changed her mind at the last momment.

I saw two people trapped by the Cylons in secrets, and all they had was each
                  other for a momment in time to talk about it.

They both deserve a Emmy for this scene. I was intense.
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

How does Dr. Baltar save himself by messing with Boomer's mind?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      How does Dr. Baltar save himself by messing with Boomer's mind?
                      Well Six told him that it wasn't safe aboard the Galactica, he knows that Sharon is a cylon implant and if he follows precedent (the sabotage during Water, Doral's suicide bombing in Litmus, Leoben's threat of a bomb in Flesh and Bone) then it is most likely the danger is going to include explosives. By getting rid of Sharon he at least eliminates one angle from which the Cylons might attack from.

Comment

Well Six told him that it wasn't safe aboard the Galactica, he knows that Sharon is a cylon implant and if he follows precedent (the sabotage during Water, Doral's suicide bombing in Litmus, Leoben's threat of a bomb in Flesh and Bone) then it is most likely the danger is going to include explosives. By getting rid of Sharon he at least eliminates one angle from which the Cylons might attack from.
                        good point dude.

Comment

I think Baltar understood that Boomer was feeling trapped as he was in the
                          Cylon web. I don't think he was telling her to outright commit suicide....
                          but just do the right thing. I didn't think Baltar knew what she was going to
                          do when he left her room. I don't think Boomer knew what she wanted to do
                          until the last momment.
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Working...
                          X