This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one find a beta reader?

I have recently written a piece of fanfic, my first, but need a Stargate minded person to beta read it. My sister, having never watched the show, read it for grammer and spelling. I need someone to read for canon and consistency.

It is J/S ship. So anti-shippers might not want to read it, although I appreciate a different point of view.

I am also unsure of how to rate a fanfic (PG-13 vs R, etc.) There is one sex scene but it is mild by comparison to some I have read. I blush reading some that are archieved out in internet land but they are good. I just don't think that I could write in graphic detail.

It is long. It kinda got out of hand. It is 32 pages with Microsoft Word margins at 1.5 sides and .75 top and bottom. Word properties counts about 73,000 characters not counting spaces. There are a lot of short paragraphs for dialogue. It took my sister a little over an hour to read it but she stopped to ask character questions and pronunciations. I don't know if I need to break it up into a series or leave it as is.

I am also clueless as to copyrights, disclaimers, etc.

Please let me know if you would be interested in checking this story out. Please be gentle, it is my first time!

I am also posting this on the Sam/Jack shipper thread in the General Discussion Forum.

Meimei

Originally posted by meimei
    I am also posting this on the Sam/Jack shipper thread in the General Discussion Forum.
    That's probably your best bet right there, although Hoodat also has a fairly nice fledgeling Beta Site resource page which includes a list of betas.

Good luck!

Comment

Great site! Thanks. I have been looking for something like that!

Comment

If you need a beta reader I can do it just send it to [email protected] I usally don't read pairings but I wouldn't mine taking a look at it for you
        SHEPPARD: Eight hundred and four years.
        McKAY: What?
        SHEPPARD: That's how long it will take us to come get you by Puddlejumper.
        McKAY: But you would do that, right?
        SHEPPARD: Of course we would.

Comment

Working...
        X