This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two thoughts on the Wraith

There are 2 thoughts that have come to mind about the Wraith. One actually came to me during a dream. Somehow, I was managing to fight and kill Wraith using a sword, with thrusts through both sides of the chest and the stomach. Now that I think about it, just cutting off the head would have been more efficient, but it was a dream. I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this.

One thing I thought about today was: can the Wraith feed off lifeforms' life force other than humans? This came to mind after I chased some deer away from our plants.

You get ideas from strange places..
    However, cutting the head of a Wraith will most likely kill it, but you can't have swords in a sci-fi series No actually, they should have swords. But the Wraith have guns, and swords aren't that good at long-range. And it's really impractical to put down a gun and pull a sword when the Wraith approaches to suck the life out of you. Come to think of it, swords are pretty impractical in general. If only they had lightsabers

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

If shooting it can kill it, im pretty sure decapitation can do it.
      SPOILERS FOR... well, ATLANTIS.
      Now that we know they evolved along human lines, they probably share a lot of physical attributes. Like brain in the head. Remove the head.. no brain.

As for what they can feed off of, we do know that they can feed off of Humans, Ancients, and other Wraith.
      This might be because of them all being simular species, or not. The only evidence is the glowy bugs in Defiant one. he seems to be feeding off it. It would seem that they can suck from most things, but they get the most from larger species. Since we have no non ancient based large species that we know of in the atlantis world that we know of (Or in the SG1 world IMO), we will have to wait on that one

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
      DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

There are 2 thoughts that have come to mind about the Wraith. One actually came to me during a dream. Somehow, I was managing to fight and kill Wraith using a sword, with thrusts through both sides of the chest and the stomach. Now that I think about it, just cutting off the head would have been more efficient, but it was a dream. I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this.
        You mean besides Shep in Rising.

For some weird reason the Wraith (or at least Wraith Keepers) seem disproportionatly vulnerable to stabbing versus shooting. You can drill holes right through them with bursts of hot lead and they'll laugh at you and regenerate but stick them with a blade (even a thin one) and they go down right away without complaining. Looks like you were on the right track going all Kill Bill on their little blue hinys.

Comment

Swords aren't amazingly good for cutting apart bodies, don't always believe what Hollywood opts to throw at you.

But yes, decapitation would most likely stop them, due to the loss of a brain. At the most it'd just be a corpse that flailed about randomly.

What would be neat is if they could pick up the head and put it back on and be okay. Oooo yeah

As for feeding on other lifeforces...probably.
          But they probably go for Human's because they're so frail and crappy. A Human is god awful at defending itself compared to say, a tiger.

Comment

Swords aren't amazingly good for cutting apart bodies, don't always believe what Hollywood opts to throw at you.
            Yes everyone knows the gun-kata is where the real action's at right Preston.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun
              Dream on... dream on...

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun
              One thing I thought about today was: can the Wraith feed off lifeforms' life force other than humans? This came to mind after I chased some deer away from our plants.
              Perhaps... perhaps not... considering that they take time out to hibernate in the hope of increased human populations... they probably don't view venison in quite the same light...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes, swords are impractical for long range, but for in-fighting the knives carried by the SGC teams were often put to good use; whether O'neill was throwing one, or Sam was kicking some Mongul butt!

Maybe we could send O.J.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

yeah but what if the wraith is like a chicken and can find it's head and attach it again but no that would be stupid just use the knifes that will work or just shoot it in the head with a p-90 all 900 rounds hahahahahahahahhahaha

Comment

Decapitation would probably work but like people said swords are'nt very practical, spears however would be cool, impaling a Wraith, wonder if that would work?

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                      Actually, it really depends on what kind of sword you use. Daito (more commonly known as katana) is VERY efficient in slicing people

Originally posted by Grin
                      Decapitation would probably work but like people said swords are'nt very practical, spears however would be cool, impaling a Wraith, wonder if that would work?
                      Yes, decapitation might be effective, but I don't believe impaling a Wraith would kill him... on the other hand, pinning him to a wall would probably render him immobile, if you could be sure that he won't free himself...

Originally posted by ./freelancer
                      You get ideas from strange places..
                      However, cutting the head of a Wraith will most likely kill it, but you can't have swords in a sci-fi series No actually, they should have swords. But the Wraith have guns, and swords aren't that good at long-range. And it's really impractical to put down a gun and pull a sword when the Wraith approaches to suck the life out of you. Come to think of it, swords are pretty impractical in general. If only they had lightsabers
                      Who needs lightsabers? In fact, who needs firearms, when you could just fix the Ancient personal shield and become invulnerable to any kind of weapon a Wraith can devise... shouldn't be so difficult to slice him when he can't hurt you.
                      There is nothing wrong with a man taking pride in his looks... and smell.

"You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities..."

Comment

Working...
                      X