Video Documentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Documentaries

I was very impressed with our recent poll regarding what GateWorld readers want to see. A large number of you voted video documentaries.

GateWorld is making at least two trips to Vancouver this year. What would you like to see us shoot?

Anything and everything!

Actually, I'm interested in seeing early concept work for the Stargate SG-1 series. I've always been interested in finding what concepts were thrown around and/or considered as the producers worked on creating the SG-1 series.

I don't know if that's something you could do or not, but i'd figure I'd ask anyway.

But one thing that you may find easier to do is maybe get some juicy spoiler-ific type information on the upcoming season or something.

Comment

How about a walking tour of the sets?

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Comment

hehe yes, dreaming is good

how bout some of the locations where they've shot... ya know, see the infamous every-planet-in-the-galaxy forest the school that was the tollan city, the really awesome-looking building where they shot 2010

that'd be cool

Comment

Ah yes, the lovely Generic Forest. And it IS kinda funny to see some of the real locations. Especially Tollana. hehe

Comment

A Day in the Life of a Stargate Writer. Follow around Damian or something and see what it is those guys do all day. Or maybe something about how an episode gets made, starting with the story pitch and ending up on film. Although that would probably be too spoilery, even if you stuck to generalizations.

Post production stuff might be interesting, too. The process of adding sound back into things, how the music gets chosen/scored, etc. The sound thing might seem kinda lame, but I've seen a few "rough" cuts of some X-Files eps and it's amazing what the difference in sound quality is like. The actors sound all tinny and all those normal background noises and effects and whatnot are mostly unheard.

Or if you can get your hands on some props guys, they're ALWAYS fun. Usually dangerous, but fun.

Comment

lol!!! day in the life of a writer! brilliant!

so many fun things to do with stargate documentaries

Comment

That is a great suggestion from Shadow; following someone around the set for a day, writer, director, maybe one of the producers.
                Last edited by Kliggins; 27 March 2005, 02:05 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X