This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there aren't any cows....

Then where do the Wraith get the leather for their sweet Goth/Matrix trenchcoats?

Guess the logical answer would be loose skin from already fed on humans...Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by A Whiter Shade
      Then where do the Wraith get the leather for their sweet Goth/Matrix trenchcoats?

eBay?

Comment

simple

they skin the humans they feed off of, then thay boil the skin and turn it into coats ect.

Comment

im gonna agree and say either human skin, or there are cow equivalent animals on planets in pegasus

Comment

Hard to resist a thread title like that!

How about (spoiler):
            the T-rex creatures mentioned in Siege, part 1?
            Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Human skin...which makes sense....gross....
              It makes no difference what you do to me. But know this, the Ori are all-seeing.
              [long pause] They are already aware of this affront to their eminence, and shall strike down those who dare to defy them.
              Nothing yet. You?
              Drawing a blank. A little thirsty.
              That doesn't count
              No, it doesn't.

Comment

Simple to answer...
                Who says it has to be actual leather?

It could be their version of pleather, it could be from humans, it could be from plants, heck it could be from themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                  heck it could be from themselves!
                  oh now that is like really creepy and gross

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    oh now that is like really creepy and gross

Yes i agree there , I mean to the wraith we basicly ARE cattle they use us for food so whats stoping them for using us for other things?. Why would they make it from others of there own kind if they have techinicly to them a resorce.

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                      It could be their version of pleather, it could be from humans, it could be from plants, heck it could be from themselves!
                      Well, the last option would certainly add to the Wraith's creepiness factor. Plus, we saw in The Defiant One that
                      Spoiler:
                      the Wraith have drained each other's life (cannibalism)
                      so the idea isn't that absurd.

Comment

yes but Greg or what ever people like to call him was in a life or death situation

Comment

Humans is the most obvious answers. But pretty much any skin can be turned into leather. Alligator and snake skin boots are sort of popular. As long as the animal is big enough it could be pretty much anything.

Comment

The Wraith are all over Pegasus. They most probably use the skins of other animals than human because with humans, by the time they are done feeding of them are all old and dry so I don't think it would make for very good quality leather...
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

My guess is that its not leather at all. We already know the wraith have the ability to work with organic technology; perhaps they can simply grow something better than leather?

Comment

Working...
                              X