This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob's status

Ok, I know this has got to be one of the stupidest questions out there but at the end of Threads: Did Jacob Carter really die? I mean I know they said he was going to and he looked it but they never officially said he did. Plus Sam didn't seem all that broken up about it. Sorry for such a stupid question but I want to know for sure.

He died as much as any other SG1 character has, so we could see him back, or he could be gone forever.

Comment

Pretty sure hes dead but with SciFi you never know for sure. But the only way i can really see Jacob coming back is if he ascends and that would just be a lame copout.

Comment

He's probably dead, there might be a twist like him ascending.

Comment

"He's dead, Jim."

Just wonder who claimed the body; Tok'ra or Sam?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

If it was my dad I would have found a sarcaphagus. Daniel has been is one alot and it has done nothing to him. I hope that he ascended he was one of my favorite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by buckner
              If it was my dad I would have found a sarcaphagus. Daniel has been is one alot and it has done nothing to him. I hope that he ascended he was one of my favorite characters.
              He couldn't have ascended; Oma is busy these days and remember it was she who was breaking the rule by helping people reach ascension.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                He couldn't have ascended; Oma is busy these days and remember it was she who was breaking the rule by helping people reach ascension.
                He could have ascended on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by buckner
                  He could have ascended on his own.
                  True, also if you think the Sarc hasn't done anything to Daniel watch Need.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                    True, also if you think the Sarc hasn't done anything to Daniel watch Need.

That's an awesome episode...and makes me wonder something about Jack.

But the main reason he wouldn't use a sarc is this: The Tok'ra shun the usage of the Sarcophagus, they believe that in using it a part of you becomes lost, and as Daniel himself said to Jack that one time he couldn't ascend if he kept getting shoved in it.

Comment

I guess he could come back in a number of ways but hope that if he does there is something truly original about it. No ascending and no time travel to see him younger storylines please.

I don't think it is entirely unlikely he won't be back....I just keep recalling how many times Apophis came back? And I still think that Hathor could make a return...I don't recall seeing a body there!

Comment

I'd like to see him come back. Maybe they could come up with a different way than ascension.

Comment

its a different time line maybe when selmak was aboout to die they used a tokra sarcophogus and took him out, and repaired all the damage. Or when daniel ascended he got jacob to ascend

Comment

I really hope he does come back, Jacob was by far one of my favourite characters.

Comment

We've already been told that the Tok'ra do not use the sarcophagus because it makes the symbiote go darkside--which is why the Goa'uld are the way they are.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                              X