This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to defeat a Wraith armada

You know, after seeing The Seige Part II about half an hour ago, I was thinking. The Wraith have two hive ships, a bunch of cruisers (don't forget them!), and a bazillion Darts.

The Prometheus, at the end of season 7, was having a really hard time holding its own over Antarctica. And that was just against a couple of Gliders and Alkesh. I know the Daedalus is supposed to be better, but you can only go so far by incorporating the same hardware from the ground up. Earth is new at this space-travel thing, and they didn't get extra weapons from the Asgard, at least that I've heard.

So where's all the extra firepower gonna come from?

For one, we have a very powerful and largely untapped resource of ships. Care to guess?

The Free Jaffa Nation. You all saw how many were at Da'Kara alone, not to mention the rest of Ba'al's formidible fleet, which the Jaffa now control. And I haven't seen any Wraith with shields yet, so they already have an advantage. They also come with Glider squadrons, which would be a real help against the Darts. Not to mention foot soldiers, to fight off the ground troops the Wraith beamed in at the end of the episode.

But they don't have Asgardian engines! They can't go across galaxies.

Or can they?

Remember the episode with the Naquadah asteroid headed towards Earth? How they talked about expanding the hyperspace field? Why couldn't the Asgard do that to a couple Ha'Tak at a time, shuttling them between galaxies and coming back?

Once in Pegasus, the Jaffa can go perfectly fine. They can do intra-galactic just fine, and they know where the planet is from the Gate address. And the Asgard could even stick around for the battle if they want.

Just imagine: the sky lighting up from all the hyper-windows opening, and then it's the Wraith who are outnumbered for once! And the Ha'Tak pack a punch, too. Jaffa win, hands down.

So, what do you think? Am I crazy, trigger-happy, or both?

And more importantly, is there anything prohibiting this that I overlooked?

Actually considering how much punishment the Prometheus was taking from Anubis' mothership in Lost City, I'm a little more optimistic. It was shrugging off a heck of a lot of weapons fire when it moved to attack the fleet directly. The weapons were kind of weak, but Daedelus supposedly has much better weapons. AND it's powered by a ZPM. If they can channel that into the shields, nothing's getting through.

Comment

heres one reason "THE JAFFA MIGHT NOT (AND POBABLY WOULDNT) WANNA HELP!!! they've spent most of their lives fighting, they finally get a chance to relax and be free, and all the sudden"hay hay this is the taur'i send all your forces to fight the wraith, the jaffa:who are the wraith? Taur'i: their no one, they just suckthelife out of you, their nobody! '' just swoop in, blow the crap out of em and go back, its simple and easy
      Executive 1:Uh O! Our ratings are -9
      Executive 2:What could be so bad to do that to the greatest network in the universe?
      Executive1:It's gotta be that dang star-fence show
      Executive2: I say we cancel it!
      Executive1:OR we could make a movie so awsome, everyone will love it!
      Executive 2: but what about what happend last time sir?
      Executive 1: O yes,NOTE TO SELF never make a movie that has somone with a lawyer...damn vampires
      Executive 2: How about walrus's?
      Executive 1:GENIUS!, but for extra zing will make it possed by alien ghost cowboys. It could be in Las Vegas, with zombies
      Executive 2:Lawyers Sir
      Executive 1: DAMN
      Executive 2: stereo-type canadians?
      Executive 1: PERFECT! but were gonna need a star.
      Executive 2: let's use an actor from Sungate
      Executive 1:Id use the guy with bling on his head but his last name is judge, they scare me
      Executive 2:Will just kidnap and brainwash a model..again
      Executive 1: WE ARE GODS!

Comment

Even if it did work, I'd think long and hard about giving the Jaffa access to more technology. They're not a mature race. They could get very aggressive and become our new enemy.

Comment

Excali5033: That was only for a couple of minutes. And as I said, you can only improve so much without getting a completely new weapons system. Also, the ZPM is going straight down to Atlantis, to power the shields. Finally, that one ship can't be everywhere at once. We're talking about completely removing the Wraith off the threat list, for a while to come.

dude22: Remember, all Jaffa are primarily ground troops, so I'd assume they'd handle pretty well against a beam-in invasion. Plus, remember: everyone there has zats. Three shots will disintegrate you, no matter how much you regenerate. And I see it as being pretty hard to get through that plate-mail combo they have on.

xrayz: They don't have to give them Atlantis tech. And as of Reckoning pt.2 and Threads, they don't seem to want it anyway. Also, they have Teal'c on the new council, so Earth has some leeway in their politics already.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayz
            Even if it did work, I'd think long and hard about giving the Jaffa access to more technology. They're not a mature race. They could get very aggressive and become our new enemy.
            Even if they did, like you said they arnt very advanced, they can just fly the ships, not fully build them/repair. so the promy and daedalus could woop um if they got to aragont
            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by dude22
              heres one reason "THE JAFFA MIGHT NOT (AND POBABLY WOULDNT) WANNA HELP!!! they've spent most of their lives fighting, they finally get a chance to relax and be free, and all the sudden"hay hay this is the taur'i send all your forces to fight the wraith, the jaffa:who are the wraith? Taur'i: their no one, they just suckthelife out of you, their nobody! '' just swoop in, blow the crap out of em and go back, its simple and easy
              But then again the Jaffa were bred to fight. It's what they do. A reason they would fight would be to keep the wraith from getting a foothold in our galaxy. After all, the wraith won't be content with just earth as a feeding ground if they learn of all the other populated planets within.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

You all have forgotten key parts to the idea of anyone other than the asgard coming is that if we were to tow them from one galaxy to another would take a lot more time and would not be in the best interst of Alantis do to its situation. As for the idea everyone seems to have about the wraith not having shields is insane because they could stand up to a fight against ancient war ships and then also the fact of them traveling through hyperspace with no shield is crazy, a little piece of dirt could tear up there whole ship with them travel that fast.

Comment

Defeat the Wraith armada? EASY! Cut the special effects budget of the show to zero Either that or find some telepathic way to jam and overload their senses enough to kill them. Maybe broadcast episodes of Joey along the Wraith's psychic friends network. But that would be cruel and unusual punishment. The long road approach would be to starve them and let them turn on each other, but that would mean either destroying Atlantis or holding it off seemingly indefinitley.
                  Have fun in life...you won't get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

um... I like Galt's idea. seriously though, I don't want the Jaffa in Atlantis. I find them rather annoying. Like the wraith, the majority of them seem to count on numbers and not skill
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

How to defeat a Wraith armada?

LOL-OK, this is a ridiculous suggestion, and largely stolen from "Independece Day"

Create a virus that affects the Wraith's guidance system, and send every last one of them to the planet protected by the "fallen" Ancient. Voila, all Wraiths are destoyed.

Bring on the next eneemy.

Comment

They should have just kept a few of those super nukes in reserve like Shep wanted to do. They then could have flown them next to Wraith hiveships in cloaked puddle jumpers, kicked them out the back door by venting it and blown them up remotely once they were clear. The Wraith might have been able to detect the bombs but would they be able to react in time.

Of course that's making the big assumption that the Wraith Keepers on the hive ships won't just be able to go "hur hur hur silly humans and their wimpy nukes" the way Pops and Klorel did when we tried to kill them with our last batch of uber nukes of doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                          um... I like Galt's idea. seriously though, I don't want the Jaffa in Atlantis. I find them rather annoying. Like the wraith, the majority of them seem to count on numbers and not skill
                          I wasn't saying I want to see Jaffa in Atlantis; far from it. I was just saying that if the case was made to them, that some would probably fight.

I'm kind of hoping that somewhere in Pegasus, there is a race of humans that had a ZPM that didn't wear out until they had enough time to develop to a point where they can stand toe-to-toe with the wraith. Naturly they will be too snobbish to help us.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Sooner or later the Wraiths are going to have to send their full forces against Atlantis. When the Wraiths arrive, the Atlantis expedition team, with the help of the Asgard, activate Atlantis's engines and escape, leaving behind a time dilation device, then they collapse the sun and kill all the Wraiths.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                              Maybe broadcast episodes of Joey along the Wraith's psychic friends network.
                              Ah yes, the "Mars Attacks" battle plan. I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X