PDA

View Full Version : SGA "Podcast" tonight

prion
March 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I don't know.. I hear podcast and think "Invasion of the body snatchers"...:) anyway...

Visit* http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

and look at the top where it says "Hear the writers' exclusive podcast
commendary for the season finale'

or click directly at

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/podcast/

Of course, this seems to require something...

Copy-and-paste the following URL into your Podcast application:
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/podcast/podcast.xml

When you synch your MP3 device, you'll automatically receive any new commenta
ry that's been posted. Start playing each episode's file when you hear the
voice-over say, "Previously on Stargate Atlantis." Beeps will indicate when to
pause for commercial breaks.**
OR...

"SIEGE, Part 1"**Teaser****Act 1****Act 2****Act 3****Act 4****or****Full
Episode

"SIEGE, Part 2"**Teaser****Act 1****Act 2****Act 3****Act 4****or****Full
Episode

You can also manually download the MP3 files from SCIFI.COM. Each episode's
commentary is divided into five files, one for each segment of the show: the
Teaser (the part before the opening credits); and Acts One, Two, Three and Four.
Begin playing segment one when you hear the voice-over say, "Previously on
Stargate Atlantis." Start each new segment after each commercial break ends.

If you download the "Full Episode" MP3, start at the same point, and pause
for commercial breaks when you hear a beep.* *
* * **** I tried clicking on one, and on dialup with barebones PC stuff, it
just popped up, as you can listen to it all now I expect it will stay on the site for a while ****

Chevron_nine
March 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM
This is really great and unique idea. I wonder if these will be the same commentaries as on the DVD's. I'm not sure how many people would actually listen to the commentary if it's their first time viewing the episode, since the episode IMO wouldn't be as great watching it for the first time with a commentary, but I guess that's what TiVO is for. It'll give me an excuse to watch the eps again.

Thanks for the heads-up prion.

Shipperahoy
March 25th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I've listened to part 1 and it was good. I don't think that it will be the same as the commentaries that they do for the DVD's because they keep mentioning that it's a podcast and keep mentioning pausing for commercial breaks. They did a good job though. They mentioned seeing Ben Browder through the window and him waving high. Too bad he couldn't have come in and said hi. That would have been fun. I'm going to listen to part 2 tomorrow.

LoneStar1836
March 26th, 2005, 10:03 PM
That was fun to listen to. I can only imagine then what they do on actual commentaries on the DVDs seeing as how I have yet to join the 21st century and buy a DVD player, but I will when Atlantis comes out on DVD. It probably would have been better if I’d have actually listened to it while watching the ep ;), but the VCR is in a totally different room. Too bad they couldn’t have gotten JF to stay and say something about his final scene in Siege I, but duty called. I agree. They should have let BB in just so we could hear his sexy voice. :D Hehe. Having poor Grodin fly off into space Vader style in a piece of burning wreckage. There is hope for his return. ;)

keshou
March 27th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I didn't know about these - thanks for the heads up!

That's so very, very cool. Like having an instant DVD commentary. Actually that's about what they do on DVD commentaries, except it's all put together in a neat package with commentary synched with the picture on-screen. And of course the DVD picture and sound quality are better...and no commercials to interrupt things.

This may be even more fun because it's taking place in the production office and everyone's wandering in and out. We've NEVER heard from Brad Wright on a commentary - now I know why. Joe Flanigan stopping by, Ben waving, RCC and BW.

I thought it might be horrible on dial-up but each of the links plays just fine - no waiting.

So Rob Cooper cut the line from the end of Siege I
Bob the wraith saying "We'll never stop coming"
bwahaha. RCC obviously has his mind in the gutter with the rest of us. :D

Yay! I hope we get more of these in S2!

Blue Banrigh
March 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Too bad they don't have podcasts for SG-1. :(

I wanna know what the supposed funny line that got cut out, the one they mentioned over the commercial break.

That bit where they mentioned BB, I think that was the moment for me when it sank in that he was going to be a regular on Stargate. :D I knew about it, but somehow it all seemed like a rumour until that moment. Now I'm looking forward to season nine. :D

And they really do seem to have a thing for turkey. :D

Would have loved to have listened to the podcast for 'Letters From Pegasus'. Here's hoping they do podcasts for the season premieres.

Shipperahoy
March 27th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah it was pretty funny how Joe Flannigan's one audible contribution to the podcast was that they served turkey cutlets for lunch that day. :D I kept waiting for some people to pop in in part 2 but no dice. It was still fun though and they gave a very good commentary.

TechnoBoY
March 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Do they say why whats his faces voice was all funny? Bad ADR job? Cause it was BAD!

Shipperahoy
March 27th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Do they say why whats his faces voice was all funny? Bad ADR job? Cause it was BAD!

Well they did mention that a lot of his stuff had to be looped so that might account for it. Cuz you're right...it was bad.

Blue Banrigh
March 27th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah it was pretty funny how Joe Flannigan's one audible contribution to the podcast was that they served turkey cutlets for lunch that day. :D I kept waiting for some people to pop in in part 2 but no dice. It was still fun though and they gave a very good commentary.
Yeah, I was waiting for people to drop in for part II as well... oh well.

Findo
March 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks very much for posting this and for the helpful advice.

I wish they would do this for Stargate, especially as it seems we are not going to get the audio commentaries on the dvds.

Blue Banrigh
March 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
No audio commentaries? What? When did this happen?