PDA

View Full Version : New Atlantis Trailer on SciFi channel

KyoZed
May 29th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Just saw a new one on SciFi channel. Show'd the city in full view surrounded by water. (Best shot of city ive seen so far) Plus tons of pieces of the first 2 episodes im guessing.

:D

David85
May 29th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Lucky little....

I have seen like 10 different ones but they are only slightly different from the one of the Wraith, and only small anough to drive me bad. :-D

May 29th, 2004, 08:50 PM
i saw one, a little differnt one from one of the origianl two, the keeper was shown different and that's all i saw....anyway i was planing to go watch sci-fi now anyway...so i'll go see if i can spot the NEW one :D

KyoZed
May 29th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I know this one was new cause it was at least 2-3 times longer than the first 2. Plus it show'd Daniel talking about how atlantis is farther away then they imagined.

Mio
May 29th, 2004, 09:05 PM
When was it? ::scrambles through TiVo recordings::

brandohall
May 29th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Any more details?

KyoZed
May 29th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Just saw it again, 10:08 PST.

brandohall
May 29th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Sigh... I must have tuned in a minute too late, can you give any more details?

Elwe Singollo
May 29th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I think i saw it... :)

brandohall
May 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Where are you, I have been watching and it hasn't come on! Are you on the West Coast maybe?

SGSlugger
May 30th, 2004, 06:09 AM
There has been a couple modified ones floating around, but I haven't seen this one.

Is it availible for viewing/download anywhere online yet?

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Nevermind, all i've been seeing is 'shorter/modified' ones.

May 30th, 2004, 09:23 AM
it's prolly will be avialble soong...just wait a day or two...or watch Sci-Fi...

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Ah, all i see in previews is the ugly wraith, haha...

brandohall
May 30th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I saw it...
NOTE: I AM RECALLING THE AD TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY, DON'T BLAME ME IF IT IS WAY OFF!!

You see the city...
Jack and Daniel talking...
Daniel (in front of a whiteboard with gate symbols written on it): The Lost City is farther away than we could have ever imagined.
Jack: That fun(far?), eh?
Also you see Sheppard in the puddle jumper:
"Now this is cool"
I saw McKay and an explosion in a forest. Also a wraith...

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I Wanna See :(

Osiris
May 30th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Please can someone post a link?

Teal'c
May 30th, 2004, 11:43 AM
No video, but there are screen captures from the short version here (http://www.sg-online.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1082).

g.o.d
May 30th, 2004, 11:56 AM
link, pleaseeeeeeee:-)

Osiris
May 30th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Thank you very much Teal'c!!! You will be great honoured in the afterlife! ;)

Bast
May 30th, 2004, 01:43 PM
how can you get Sci fi?

GhostPoet
May 30th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I'll never see it...I have to wait till it's available from someone online. I can't Tivo hours and hours worth of shows just for it :P

SGSlugger
May 30th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the link Teal'c. I've been busy lately with school and haven't had that much time to watch tv.

brandohall
May 30th, 2004, 06:12 PM
SG-online will have the LONG version of the ad as soon as possible. I provide the captures and to hold you all over until Teal'c posts them all I'll give you one or two!

Lil Naitch
May 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Also looks like there will be new wormhole CGI for the first time ever.

morjana
May 30th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Courtesy of Noda, SG1-Spoilergate has this clip available for download at:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/files/Atlantis/Video/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

brandohall
May 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
I have a transcript and Screencaps at http://www.geocities.com/brandohall/atlad.html

and at http://www.geocities.com/brandohall/atlad1.html

Why Morjana, why?! Why must you out-do me!?! lol

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks Morjana!

David85
May 30th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Now I have to join the club thing... :-D

Awesome!!!

The new wormhole this is cool!

I cna't tell if Jack is saying "That far?" or "have fun". :-)

morjana
May 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
But Brandon, you have the screen caps for the folks who can't download video!

And thank you for the screen caps!

Very nice!

Morjana

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
:)

brandohall
May 30th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Muhahaha....

That makes me feel a little better.... a little....

keshou
May 30th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Muhahaha....

That makes me feel a little better.... a little....

I went and looked at your screencaps! Thanks! I don't want to join a group just to download the video so they were great for me. :D

Now hoping to catch the commercial on Scifi in the next week or so. I figure I have about 150 chances. ;)

morjana
May 30th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Thank you for the heads up on this commercial!

Morjana

May 30th, 2004, 09:37 PM
By what I saw "WOW, This Is Cool!!!" he he, my fav. quote now....now pls someone let us see the video :)
From the pix:
Atlantis looks really nice
I like McKey's face, lol , so funny when he sais something about the face
And Danny got strange uniform on him...
Umm...i'm gonna try to get that video from Yahoo!!!

morjana
May 30th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Daniel is wearing a cold weather jacket, the same as SG-1 wore in "Frozen."

Morjana

May 30th, 2004, 10:17 PM
oh..welll then...sry i guess....i'd like to see a BIGGER version of the AD!!! PLS, I love ya all!!!

Osiris
May 31st, 2004, 01:20 AM
Anyone have a FREE link to the new trailer? :(

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 02:44 AM
I cna't tell if Jack is saying "That far?" or "have fun". :-)
Sounds like "Have fun!" to me.

Positively Kanyon
May 31st, 2004, 02:50 AM
The more footage I see of this show, the more hyped up I get. I think this show is going to deliver. As for the new wormhole CGI, I think it looks good. You know what they say, a change is as good as a holiday.

Wass
May 31st, 2004, 03:18 AM
Does any body know if the video clip can be played on windows media player i don't have QuickTime, Nice screen caps Brandon thankyou

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 03:22 AM
Won't work in Windows Media Player. But you could always just download QuickTime, couldn't you?

Elwe Singollo
May 31st, 2004, 07:49 AM
Yah, theres nothing wrong with downloading Quicktime!

shockwave
May 31st, 2004, 08:03 AM
yeah, it runs better then WMP, most of the time

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 08:13 AM
yeah, it runs better then WMP, most of the time
Not in my experience. But there's no shame in having both. :)

SGSlugger
May 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM
WMV is rather buggy, I can never get anything to work on the internet with it save only downloading it to my PC. Quicktime is better.

Jannis_Equinox
May 31st, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hi, I am new, but I found the two trailers, in well low res. but definetly worthy of downloading, have fun :)
Site:
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/
15 sec. promo:
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=down&ID=135&link=http://sg-atlantis.info/stargate/downloads/atlantis_promoad4/15atlantis.zip

30 sec. promo:
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=down&ID=137&link=http://sg-atlantis.info/stargate/downloads/atlantis_promoad4/newatlantis.zip

Bye
Jannis_Equinox (A German Stargate / SG1 / future Atlantis Fan)

Shadow Gate
May 31st, 2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you Jannis, I tried downloading it from the Yahoo thing but after joining the group, the link gave me a page cannot be displayed thing. However the link you provided worked.

I actually saw the commericial on Sci-fi channel about 10 minutes ago, but after that I rushed here, hoping there would be something about it, and maybe a way to see it again, I got lucky apparently. Btw, I saw the 30 sec. one on Sci-fi, if anyone cares to know, I agree with Shepperd, this is cool...

keshou
June 1st, 2004, 07:42 AM
I managed to catch the long version of the commercial one time during Stargate Monday - the one with Daniel at the blackboard and Jack saying "have fun".

Question - there's a scene where McKay is walking down a corridor of some sort and there's someone behind him. Anyone catch who it was?? It looked sort of like Daniel, but I'm guessing it's probably someone else as I thought I saw the yellow triangles on the jacket.

Anubis
June 1st, 2004, 09:23 AM
I have only seen one Atlantis trailer, and that was the original one on the Sci-Fi/Atlantis website

Wass
June 1st, 2004, 10:39 AM
I managed to catch the long version of the commercial one time during Stargate Monday - the one with Daniel at the blackboard and Jack saying "have fun".

Question - there's a scene where McKay is walking down a corridor of some sort and there's someone behind him. Anyone catch who it was?? It looked sort of like Daniel, but I'm guessing it's probably someone else as I thought I saw the yellow triangles on the jacket.

Just looked at the clip i think it was Dr Beckett who is walking behind McKay. Does anybody else think the same.

zephyrRS
June 1st, 2004, 01:59 PM
The best part of the new ad is the quote, "This is cool!"

I just love it.

Teal'c
June 1st, 2004, 02:49 PM
Just looked at the clip i think it was Dr Beckett who is walking behind McKay. Does anybody else think the same.
No, it's not. The guy behind McKay has a Russian flag on his uniform (And does look just like Season 1/2 Daniel :P)

keshou
June 1st, 2004, 04:24 PM
No, it's not. The guy behind McKay has a Russian flag on his uniform (And does look just like Season 1/2 Daniel :P)

Yeah, I finally downloaded the thing and studied it a little closer. The guy behind McKay is just some miscellaneous geek no. 2 guy - blondish hair with glasses. Looks sort of like Daniel but the hair is definitely longer than Daniel's hair in the first part of the clip.

I love the shot of the city - I really can't wait to see more of it.

David85
June 1st, 2004, 04:56 PM
The city is awesome! Looks much better than the "art" pictures they had.

Wass
June 2nd, 2004, 08:29 AM
Are there any high resulation pictures of the city as all the pics and the trailer i've seen does not show the city clearly.

g.o.d
June 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Q:there's one scene where somebody is holding Sheppard.Thansk to the very low res i'm not sure who's that.I think, that might be that silver haired wraith soldier.

Wass
June 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Q:there's one scene where somebody is holding Sheppard.Thansk to the very low res i'm not sure who's that.I think, that might be that silver haired wraith soldier.

I know the scene your refering to, i think it's when they go to the wraith home world to rescue Summers (if that's what he is called can't remeber the characters name).

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
It's not Sheppard, it's that Athosian who is in the pictures with Teyla....

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Just looked at some new pics that Chevronnie has got, pics are in 'Antarctica' of RDA and atlantis team.

http://www.stargatesgc.com/sgc.nsf/ViewArticles/C381641DCEC3C97680256E6F003FDAB0

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 08:14 AM
It's not Sheppard, it's that Athosian who is in the pictures with Teyla....

Sorry just had another look you are correct Teal'c (as always :D ), god you lot are good observes. :p

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 01:34 PM
Sorry just had another look you are correct Teal'c (as always :D ), god you lot are good observes. :p
I believe the term is obsessives :P

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 01:48 PM
I believe the term is obsessives :P

I’m dyslexic (can’t spell very well) so i'm sorry Tealic for not being very smart(give the kid break).

"I am who I'm, I cannot be what I am not" - Malcolm X

Aither
June 13th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I don't know whether it is already written and I want not to create a new thread. So I write what I want to say in that thread.

There is a trailer which is better than the previous one :

http://stargate.chorn.com/video/promos/SGA/SGAnewadventure_long.mov

Shadow Gate
June 13th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I assume when you say better, you mean better quality, which it is, indeed.

June 13th, 2004, 10:36 PM
well that's good...cause that's what i wanted!!! thx for the good quality video...let's see what i can do with it now....he he he !!! well, still....it's not REALLY good que...anyway tnx...

Teal'c
June 16th, 2004, 03:52 AM
I’m dyslexic (can’t spell very well) so i'm sorry Tealic for not being very smart(give the kid break).

"I am who I'm, I cannot be what I am not" - Malcolm X
No, you said observers, which is fine, but I was being sarcastic (Hint: I'm always sarcastic :P) and changing it to obsessives... which some of us are :P

Wass
June 16th, 2004, 06:18 AM
No, you said observers, which is fine, but I was being sarcastic (Hint: I'm always sarcastic :P) and changing it to obsessives... which some of us are :P

Ok sorry, have to many things on my mine at the moment.

TechnoBoY
June 16th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I am too lazy to read through this whole thread. Anyways. I just saw one where the guy opens a fridge and its the puddle effect. He grades milk or orange juice and doesnt even notice, then he walks away. Then it has that, "Are you ready for the new season?"

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 16th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that's a good one. Then there's one with someone pulling into their garage, too. Those pump me up with excitement... very well-done.

Beckmen
June 17th, 2004, 01:57 AM
thanks for the URL, DLed it.