This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any battle for middle earth fans

anyone else like this game. oh does anyone else wish they would make an expansion pack to this game. oh does anyone recommend any strategy games

Battle for Middle Earth is a great game, but the races aren't evenly distributed as they are in others. But as for great strategy games I reccomend the classics Starcraft and Warcraft. Homeworld is also good if you enjoy that genre.
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

well I like how in the game the "swarmers" have no wall but the "stratigests" do and as for recommendation if you are on a budget like me stronghold crusader is good others I like are startrek armada 1 and 2 as well as age of mythology. hope that helps!

Comment

I'd play it but my miserably old computer couldn't handle it. I'd love to play, but i'm stuck with playing Starcraft My comp even has difficulty with Warcraft3...

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by GEWbert
          I'd play it but my miserably old computer couldn't handle it. I'd love to play, but i'm stuck with playing Starcraft My comp even has difficulty with Warcraft3...
          well it was running with framerate slowdowns (only during mapwide effects) on my brand new middle-of-the-line games only computer when it was the only program. (not even internet on that one!) so it is VERY demanding.

Comment

I figured as much. Why can't they produce games that look cool and don't take up all the system memory

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by GEWbert
              I figured as much. Why can't they produce games that look cool and don't take up all the system memory
              Well at least the heros kick major ***! and when you hear that roar and know the baalrog is coming... hey you wanna know how to kill it (on AI easy in instant battle mode)?

Comment

um, i have lotr:the third age on PS2 but i don't have battle for middle earth, i usually play AofE and AofM!!!! brilliant games!!!!

Comment

Great game. The heroes and the powers you can use are what win the game.

The Nazgul and Balrog are brilliant.
                  The Elves and Riders of Rohan and the Army of the Dead, you can call as Gondor tripple your army size in seconds.

I just love this game. Whenever a Balrog attacks one of my cities I just get all of my people out of its way and let it do its thing until it disappears, then I rebuild.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

how much does it cost, i'd better get it!

Comment

Its been out for a bit now so you should be able to pick it up for around £20-25 if you shop around.

I love the game. I always complained that they hadn't brought out a strategy game from the LotR and didn't know why. I wouldn't have cared whether it was using an exact copy of Age of Empires just with LotRs characters. However, they took their time and made a brilliant game.
                      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Anyone been to http://www.rpgplanet.com/memw/ ? It's a really good resource.

Comment

Working...
                        X