Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
    Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I do think that we'll get something in season 9. To do all that they did in Threads and Moebius (regardless of whether you like it or not) and to then completely ignore it would be more awkward than any scene I could imagine of S/J mumbling their feelings. At this point I'd be satisfied with spoilers on just what Jack will be doing in the episode's RDA's confirmed to be in, not the backstory of why he'll be gone.
    For discussion, not argument....

IMOHO, the PTB excel at awkward... Look what they did in season 4. They gave us some of the shippiest eps ever... Upgrades, Divide and Conquer, Window of Opportunity and Beneath the Surface. Upgrades #403 and D&C #405 where they showed us Sam & Jack's confessions (that they did care for each other more than they were supposed to), WoO #406 (the fun kiss), and Beneath the Surface #410 (they shared with us that the two had a romantic and sexual relationship that they both fully remembered after the memory stamp wore off).

And then.. from eposide #411 and thereafter... nothing much. Sure there was Entity (#420), The Light (#418), 2010 (#416) and Tangent (#412), but nothing that came directly out the way those earlier S4 eps did to say there is a ship here. OK, so nothing is ever that *direct* in the Stargate universe... ...but there was a season where things were acknowledged and then TPTB went ran screaming in the other direction concerning that ship... so far in the other direction that we got Pete.

I too would hope they would make mention of how the ship was sailing in S9, but given how they tried to sink the ship after S4..... I won't get my hopes up too high.

Hopefully some S9 spoilers will leak out at the Con 2 weeks from now...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Interesting point. Maybe I'm just being hopeful, it can't hurt. Was their an implied sexual relationship too in Beneath the Surface?? Maybe it just went over me head...cuz that never happens to me.
      Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      Hopefully some S9 spoilers will leak out at the Con 2 weeks from now...
      Make sure you keep the rest of us informed if they do!
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

I have a comment to make on the highlighted above sentence, but it's not a rant at you, girlgater.

If S/J ship would be watered down as to not offend the anti shippers... were we given the same privilege with the Sam/Pete scenes in Chimera and the engagement stuff in Affinity? Did they 'worry' about us? How we'd handle seeing something that didn't necessarily offend us but break our hearts? Answer: NOPE.

Sam/Jack isn't some gross couple/concept where the guy is 90 and the girl is barely in her 20s. It's not that they're related in blood, or that they're screwing each other's brains out while they're the cause of ppl dying around them. So why has this simple little couple/concept been treated sometimes like it's some dark secret to only be mentioned behind closed doors? Because we (s/j shippers) have been made to feel that way by not only certain fans, but even some of the ppl making this show. And *everyone* that complains the loudest has their own agendas to not liking it. If it's none of the above 'disreputable' ideas, then it's just personal taste that doesn't make this couple float your boat.

I don't want to hear anymore excuses for them not getting together now. There are NONE. If RDA/Jack's not around, then show/prove they're together in other ways.

I'm sorry for the rant, but it's like we almost have to apologize for being an S/J shipper.

Not this shipper.

rant over.

Sally

Sally, you're right. They should give us, as shippers, the same consideration as they do the anti's. It's not fair that they shoved the "unthinkable" relationship between Sam and Pete down our throats and then to appease the anti-shippers only hinted at, and gave alternate reality shippiness for S/J.

I'm hoping S9 will give us what we've waited on for 8 years. We sure deserve it!
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
          They should give us, as shippers, the same consideration as they do the anti's. It's not fair that they shoved the "unthinkable" relationship between Sam and Pete down our throats and then to appease the anti-shippers only hinted at, and gave alternate reality shippiness for S/J.
          I completely agree It's not fair that we've had to suffer through a Sam/Pete engagement (it's not as if she was only dating him) and then only get AU shippiness in return (well we still get hints, but nothing ever gets resolved unless it's AU; writers sitting on the fence!).

I don't understand that if some people complain about S/J shippiness, and use the argument that it's a 'team' show, then why is it acceptable to have relationships like Sam/Pete, but not for Sam/Jack?

If the PTB didn't want there to be anything between Sam and Jack then they shouldn't have built it up in the first place and let it develop so much. It's unfair to do that and then only give us AU ship to try to keep the anti's happy.

/rant.
          Uncontrolled Destiny
          My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Sides for production number 907 (Ex Deus Machina) are up. That's the seventh produced, but airing order may vary since they film out of order at times.

Spoilers ahoy:
            Spoiler:
            Sam is in this one. She has a scene talking with Daniel and is in the briefing room in another with Landry and the gang. There's no mention of Jack or why she was gone. Nothing shippy either, but I only have a small percentage of the total episode info. The bits I have all revolve around the core of the story, so no surprise there's no big news there on the ship front.

Mallozzi and Mullie are writing this one. It's about Ba'al. Seems he's been hiding out on earth! They're searching for him and the whole situation is causing strain in dimplomatic relations with the rebel jaffa (who are also looking for Ba'al). Looks like a good episode. I'm sure GateWorld will have detailed spoilers up soon on the basic plot.
            Last edited by auralan; 15 April 2005, 06:01 AM.
            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Well, at least we're starting to get spoilers on S9. I wish there could have been something
              Spoiler:
              in regards to the S/J situation, but I'll just have to be patient. I'm glad to hear they're bring Ba'al back.

Thanks for the update.
              -girlgater

Comment

Thanks for the info Auralan. Keep it coming. Let's just keep our fingers crossed we get some shippy news.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, auralan and pittsburghgirl......and all my other fellow shippers.....

one ray of hope.....

The info is from episode 907. Amanda should return in 906. It has been my thought all along that they would resolve the ship (either live or via flashback or dialogue) in either 901 or 903 (when RDA is there). Logically, after that, it wouldn't be mentioned til Amanda's return in 906. Then, they would probably ignore it again, so I don't really expect it to be mentioned in 907.

Am I being too optimistic here.....or does that make sense? I know one thing: it makes it all that more important that we get some good info from Vancouver!!!!!

Ya think??????

Comment

Info for from 508 (Babylon) is starting to arrive. I expect more from this one is likely in a few days and will report back if there's anything worth mentioning.

Spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler:
                    None of the bits I have (which are a small portion of the total episode) mention Sam or Jack at all, so obviously no ship news to report. I'm not sure if Sam's even in this episode or back on SG-1 full time yet. She's not mentioned in any of the parts I have and some would seem logical to include her if she was part of the team. Pure spec: Due to the baby arriving late, they could be minimizing Sam's role in Amanda's first few episodes back to give her more time off.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Nothing much to say other than" I love Sam and Jack ship "and just putting that thread in first page for the serious Sam and Jack dicussion only -no off topic

Caty

Comment

Hi I'm new... well kinda.. been lurking.. but I couldn't resist de-lurking to chime in on this.

I got into SG this year and well let's say my interest in stargate has a focus and it's not the whole team.

I love the way Sam & Jack has been a realistic and slow burn... people do exist in that situation and they have to deal with it. I give massive kudos to the actors, the writers and everyone else involved for executing this ship with grace and dramatic realism....

That said... I have a (futile) wish for what I'd like to see in s9 so I wanted to share... I don't get this tag thing.. so I'm gonna have a go at it to be on the safe side...and probably get it wrong...

S9 Spoilery type info:I'd love to see a scene open on the briefing room with Daniel, Teal'c and the new guy there clearly waiting. They don't know what they're actually waiting for, the General hasn't told them.

An aide walks in and whispers in the General's ear.. he says something like "Thankyou for your patience people, Colonel O'Neill has arrived and we'll start in a moment"

Daniel gets that perplexed look on his face, Teal'c right eyebrow hits his hairline and the new guy looks confused. Daniel mouths Colonel.. to Teal'c... then Sam walks in with a grin on her face....

I know it's sappy and probably sad.. but it would keep me laughing my ass off through a Jackless season 9....

sigpic

Comment

Aw, that put a smile on my face. Obviously the liklihood of that is incredibly slim, but it would be so cute. The way I've had to resolve the ship stuff in my head is to (wince) borrow a cliche: it ain't over til its over. I think that we know absolutely NOTHING about where Sam is or how she's coming back at the beginning means there's little point in speculating how it could be ship related. With so much new stuff going on, the show still has a ways to go, and I just want to have a satisfactory ship resolved by the time the show ends.
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I'm with you there.. on the resolve at the end thing.. and being new my hope candle burns strong... or some such thing. In the meantime I plan to amuse myself with pretty stuff and fanfic concepts.

It will be interesting to see where they go in s9 and whether the show survives beyond this season (apparently saying it's gonna end is goodluck). I would expect that if it doesn't we'll see a resolve.. because 9 years of ust without resolution is just cruel... and from what I've read half the crew would be kinda sad about that too. I find hope in that.

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                            Aw, that put a smile on my face. Obviously the liklihood of that is incredibly slim, but it would be so cute. The way I've had to resolve the ship stuff in my head is to (wince) borrow a cliche: it ain't over til its over. I think that we know absolutely NOTHING about where Sam is or how she's coming back at the beginning means there's little point in speculating how it could be ship related. With so much new stuff going on, the show still has a ways to go, and I just want to have a satisfactory ship resolved by the time the show ends.
                            sigpic

Comment

the relationship can't progrss much more because of richard dean anderson being away from filming
                              "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Uh oh...we have a non-believer. You have to think happy thoughts or it will never happen, we all know RDA is going to make a suprise come back after realizing how empty his life is without Sg-1.

Maybe?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X