Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    Ok-I have a thought/questions concerning Jacob in Threads-so hopefully I am not out of line posting here-if I am -please let me know-but here goes:

Spoiler:
    why did Jacob have a such a drastic reaction to Pete? I mean-really negative-it was like he didn't Pete from the getgo-and I would like some speculation.

Sam didn't let on that she was happy-I had no clue that she was having second, third or whatever thoughts about marrying Pete. But from the minute he showed up on her doorstep in the SGC it was like-where is there another way out? What did Jacob pick up on? What did know? What did he feel? And do you suppose-that deleted jacob/jack scene gave him the first inkling of something or just solidified it???? thanx
    I think that Jacob might have thought that Pete was a little immature, at least that's sort of the impression Pete made on me when he came to the SGC to meet Jacob. I did only get to watch that part once, because my tape mess up.

I think that Sam not being happy with Pete just wasn't shown in recent episodes, I mean the last time we saw him was when he proposed, I think other things happened between them but unfortunately we just didn't see or hear about it. And another thing is that she never talked about him so I think that's a sign, also when she was with him in Threads you got the impression that she wasn't happy at least that's what I got. I do think that the deleted scene between Jack/Jacob would have given us a better idea as to why Jacob acted the way he did towards Pete, too bad that was cut.
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
      *takes a breath and finally wanders into the ship stuff*
      pittsburghgirl, here's my take: Jacob's reaction didn't seem too out of place to me. It wasn't that he thought Pete was an awful person, but they'd been going out a substantial time (ENGAGED!) and he still wasn't close to coming to grips with the world his girlfriend lives in. Jacob's well aware and been present at a few of the many times Sam has literally helped save the world. And Pete was still stuck on the "you really have one of those things in your head?!" That doesn't make him a bad person, but perhaps not the best match for Sam.
      *snip.
      Spoiler:
      I liked the way Jacob just gave her the "please tell me your joking, you're not really gonna marry this idiot" look after Pete said that.
      Also during the briefing scene he was intently watching Sam after her phone rang.Jacob knew she was supposed to meet Pete at the florist and she was totally ignoring it.Only when her phone rang did she even acknowledge that fact.
      After the "urgent" phone call Jacob decided to press the issue,( in front of Jack) and she got angry at him!!Then he decided to play dumb by saying "what??" but he knew the score, that Sam was dragging her heels about her wedding.
      I think at that time it was obvious to Jacob that she wasn't gonna marry Pete, and why.
      I just wish that Jacob would have spit it out instead of being cryptic seeing as he was lying on his deathbed.
      I am happy she figured it out and took his advice though.

waterfall

Comment

My thoughts on Jacob's reaction:

Threads S8
        Spoiler:
        If you remember in Secrets, Jacob even gave Jack the "don't mess with my daughter" attitude. He has always seemed to enjoy intimidation, especially where it came to Jack. I think that he would have reacted the same way regardless of who Sam brought to meet him.

But also, he knows his daughter. She had to have told him about Pete before hand. He knew that she was nervous about Pete meeting him. So obviously she wasn't sure how he would react. I think that would have been his first clue. If she had no doubts about Pete then I think that her nervousness would have been a lot less. If she had been more sure, Jacob would have noticed it. I think that would have played a big part in Jacob's reaction to Pete.

Comment

hey guys, first of all
          speculation spoilery type bit for season 9
          Spoiler:
          i really believe that sam and jack are now together, considering what we were given in the last few eps of season 8, i don't think there is any other possibility. although i don't think at the beginning of season 9 they are physically in the same place. i.e, because of amanda's absence from the show in the first few eps, they will explain sam's absence by saying she's on a ship on its way to the pegasus galaxy. hopefully there will be some mention of the long distance relationship thing once or twice throughout the show, and if RDA and AT going to have any scenes together we'll get something from that. and i'm happy with that as long as its done well.

i loved moebius and i thought it was done so well, and while i think threads could have been done better, i still loved that. as far as i'm concerned the only thing wrong with threads was that their wasn't enough time to deal with everything,
          Spoiler:
          mainly the jaffa and jacob storylines.

now its pretty late and i'm sick, so maybe i'm talkin' crazy talk here, but that just how i feel about things. what do you think?
          Last edited by stargate barbie; 29 March 2005, 04:40 PM. Reason: stupid forgetting the "s" at the end of spoiler.... dammit! did it again!

Comment

I think Sam's not being happy with Pete is because of the glory of a new boyfriend is rubbed-off.

In Chimera, Sam was so excited, "Oh I got a new boyfriend, a new and ALIVE boyfriend" which she got so soon after Grace, but I think after awhile, deep down Sam knew that she is just using Pete, she's not really into Pete as she is to Jack. By that time, Pete already proposed, and Jack seems like distanced him away from her, in Sam shoes, I think many women would do the same, afterall one comfortable shoes to walk many miles is felt better than one glorified high heel
            Luckily, she came to her senses and come back to her boots !
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Ok-I have a thought/questions concerning Jacob in Threads-so hopefully I am not out of line posting here-if I am -please let me know-but here goes:

Spoiler:
              why did Jacob have a such a drastic reaction to Pete? I mean-really negative-it was like he didn't Pete from the getgo-and I would like some speculation.

Sam didn't let on that she was happy-I had no clue that she was having second, third or whatever thoughts about marrying Pete. But from the minute he showed up on her doorstep in the SGC it was like-where is there another way out? What did Jacob pick up on? What did know? What did he feel? And do you suppose-that deleted jacob/jack scene gave him the first inkling of something or just solidified it???? thanx
              I wrote my response before I scrolled down & saw MM’s response, but I’m thinking along similar lines.
              S8 Threads
              Spoiler:
              Jacob knew what an independent, intelligent and stubborn daughter he had; so much like himself in so many ways. I think he was a good judge of character having been a general himself (he had to have had the ability to analyze/determine other’s strengths/weaknesses & to do so darn quick) and he had a good BS-detector residing in his head (Selmak). So IMOHO, I think on meeting Pete and just “reading” all the cues Pete was giving him, he knew Pete was a mismatch for Sam.

Assuming Sam had told him a little something about Pete in the months after the engagement but before the meeting… I think Jacob knew Sam well enough to gauge her reactions. When she’s really excited about something, you could tell when she was upbeat and thrilled about it. Makes me think that what little she may have shared with her father about her ship with Pete before she introduced Pete to him was not much and was done with much less enthusiasm… giving Jacob some inkling that his daughter wasn’t exactly head-over-heels about the guy. Her shrugs and those apologetic looks she gave him in the meet Dad scene likely just confirmed it for him. She wasn’t demonstrating a can’t-keep-my-hands-off-him, looking Pete in the eye with desire kind of thing that said “Dad… this is the man I have to marry I’m so consumed by him…” This was I’m standing away from him, I’m not touching him, and I’m searching my father’s face for to see what his reaction and opinion is…

He may not have necessarily been thinking she needed to hook up with Jack… but he sure as heck knew she didn’t need to legally commit herself to Mr. SmallPotatoes… Especially if he had the idea that all was not well in the House of Pete. IMO Jacob also knew that his daughter was an extremely loyal person and that if Sam decided to go through with the marriage she would force herself to stick it out for a long time to make it work no matter what emotional (or other cost) to herself. I think he knew she was so desperate for a ‘normal’ romantic relationship that she was willing to get herself involved with someone who would *never* be able to give her the stable home life and emotional support she needed (like Jacob had gotten from Sam’s mom) or the intellectual stimulation she needed.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I have had it with the vague stuff. Now that Sam and Jack will be in two locations, and she will no longer be under his direct command, it should happen. After all, that's where TPTB have been leading us all season, culminating in what happened in "Threads." Maybe Jack's job change will be a result of the discussion he had with Agent Johnson in that episode. Even she could see they belong together! I felt good after that episode about where things were going. But then, two episodes later, at the end of "Moebius 2," the AU S/J kiss was a total rip-off. It didn't give me the interaction I feel we deserved, and just left me kind of angry at TPTB.

The characters we have come to know have high standards and a lot of personal integrity. They've trusted each other with their lives. They've formed strong bonds over eight years together. I think that to be true to those characters, TPTB should allow them to act on the emotions we know they've had for some time.

Remember Carmen's comment about, "Jack and Sam will get together over my dead body!"? Well, in "Threads," at the base, while Sam was watching a Tokra pay his final respects to Jacob, Jack joined her. "Thanks for being here for me, Sir," she said, after he put his arm around her. In the next moment, he came closer to declaring his commitment to Sam than he ever had with one word, "Always." The way RDA delivered that line told me Jack had reached a decision in his mind....that she was the only woman he would ever love. Obviously, this was not the time for a big kiss. Jacob was dying, for goodness sake! But I'm hoping it happens in S9.

Remember.....TPTB have led us this far. And, if they choose to be as true to their characters as they have been to date, they will let us shippers have this. It's a logical outcome to where they've been leading us for a long, long time.

Can anyone confirm that there was some extra footage shot after "Moebius 2" wrapped? Could it be used in S9? Let's talk about it! And do you think the, "You've got some packin' to do," comment from Jack to Sam at the end of "Moebius 2" only referred to the fishing trip?

Comment

well it could be a little bit of both you know-a blessing and a curse. my big "fear" for season 9-and i know I am repeating myself
                  Spoiler:
                  that they will either ignore it-or play it out for another year
                  spoilers for s8/s9

The reason for so many shipper disappointments is that we thought we were going to get 'overt' ship at the end of the 8th season, with NO ambiguous scenes and such. We didn't get that. I *really* do love and appreciate what we did get, but (repeating myself), I want more. Season 9 gives us a perfect opportuniy (even though RDA won't be around) to get more. If the 'more' is showing the first steps of their relationship (as opposed to them already being involved like we hoped they were in after Threads), then I can take that. But will they? Amanda said - referring to the Sam/Jack relationship at the end of season 8 - "If this is the end of Stargate, the fans will not be disappointed. If it's not the end, we still have somewhere we can go." Ptb, go there please.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Interesting question. Here's my guesses.

spoilers for s8's threads
                    Spoiler:
                    I felt Jacob 'was' against Pete from the get-go, and I'd say it was because a- he saw doubts and a pronouncable amount of lack of excitement on Sam's part, and b- he knew Sam was in love with Jack. And I really believe that. My thoughts are that he was quite aware of Sam's feelings for Jack, so he was prob surprised Sam was going to marry another man. I don't think he so much disliked Pete, as much as he disapproved that Sam was going to marry him.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

Originally posted by elhSG1
                      Spoiler:
                      I think that Jacob might have thought that Pete was a little immature, at least that's sort of the impression Pete made on me when he came to the SGC to meet Jacob. I did only get to watch that part once, because my tape mess up.

I think that Sam not being happy with Pete just wasn't shown in recent episodes, I mean the last time we saw him was when he proposed, I think other things happened between them but unfortunately we just didn't see or hear about it. And another thing is that she never talked about him so I think that's a sign, also when she was with him in Threads you got the impression that she wasn't happy at least that's what I got. I do think that the deleted scene between Jack/Jacob would have given us a better idea as to why Jacob acted the way he did towards Pete, too bad that was cut.
                      Spoiler:
                      I saw Sam *deeply* troubled in Affinity. The only time I saw her happy in that ep (and I mean *really* happy) was when Pete said he was going to move to Colorado Springs to be near her. But when he upped the ante (marriage proposal), Sam became unhappy. She took over two weeks to answer Pete, ranting and raving to Daniel and Teal'c and showing the ring/talking to Jack about her doubts (and I totally believe she was trying to get a rise out of him). I saw a *very* subdued 'yes' to Pete at the end. And I think Pete saw it too, since he wasn't surprised when she broke up with him.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's moebius 1 and 2

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Spoiler:

Can anyone confirm that there was some extra footage shot after "Moebius 2" wrapped? Could it be used in S9? Let's talk about it! And do you think the, "You've got some packin' to do," comment from Jack to Sam at the end of "Moebius 2" only referred to the fishing trip?
                        Spoiler:
                        There's no confirmation of extra footage being done. There was a rumor that Amanda and Rick were called back to film after they'd shut down a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if it's true. I saw nothing that seemed 'added' in Moebius 1 or 2, so if the rumor is true, it 'might' have been to use at the beginning of season 9. And that is pure speculation and wishful thinking, no facts to back this up.

As for the packing referrence... I have no idea. It could have been for the fishing trip or somewhere Sam had to go after the fishing fun. Spoilers for season 9 are saying that Sam will be off on special assignment (or a mission, depending on where you hear the spoilers), and will be far, far away. That could be good or bad for ship; I just don't know.

I'm not sure I helped you at all, but I'm 'talking' about it.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

SG1-Fanintn, my take on packing. THreads S8
                          Spoiler:
                          From the playful way that he said it and the fact that he didn't want her anywhere near the scientists once they got started on the ZPM, it was the fishing trip that I thought he was talking about. He didn't want her getting distracted on a project and change her mind about going.

And I love your comment on CA's words at the con...
                          Spoiler:
                          Everyone was a little upset at CA's comment about Jack and Sam getting together over his dead body but that's exactly what happened! Warped sense of humor, that man has!! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

Spoiler:
                            I saw Sam *deeply* troubled in Affinity. The only time I saw her happy in that ep (and I mean *really* happy) was when Pete said he was going to move to Colorado Springs to be near her. But when he upped the ante (marriage proposal), Sam became unhappy. She took over two weeks to answer Pete, ranting and raving to Daniel and Teal'c and showing the ring/talking to Jack about her doubts (and I totally believe she was trying to get a rise out of him). I saw a *very* subdued 'yes' to Pete at the end. And I think Pete saw it too, since he wasn't surprised when she broke up with him.

Sally

Yes, I completely agree with you. I also think that when she said "yes" it was very spur of the moment.
                            "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Re: Affinity & Threads
                              I think that Sam was
                              Spoiler:
                              basically settling for Pete because she felt that her relationship with Jack was unobtainable due to regulations. If Jack had given her any indication that they had an immediate future, she would have never agreed to Pete's proposal. In showing Jack the ring she wanted him to say something--anything that would give her a reason to hold off on agreeing to the marriage. Jacob's reaction to Pete only added to Sam's uncertainty in going through with the wedding.
                              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                                Re: Affinity & Threads
                                I think that Sam was
                                Spoiler:
                                basically settling for Pete because she felt that her relationship with Jack was unobtainable due to regulations. If Jack had given her any indication that they had an immediate future, she would have never agreed to Pete's proposal. In showing Jack the ring she wanted him to say something--anything that would give her a reason to hold off on agreeing to the marriage. Jacob's reaction to Pete only added to Sam's uncertainty in going through with the wedding.
                                Jack
                                Spoiler:
                                needed to step up to the plate. Of course these characters were written with the denseness of a real rich cheescake-with about as much sense too. I didn't see the first fo the episodes that should not be named-but their vagueness and inability as well as unwillingness to shoot straight caused them to dig a hole so deep...
                                Last edited by pittsburghgirl; 30 March 2005, 06:11 AM. Reason: spoiler spelled wrong
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X