X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Some season 8 spoilers and Season 9 speculation
    Spoiler:
    It's not that I don't think that they'll be together in some shape or form, it's that I'm not particularly happy with the tip toe, riding the fence, can't make up our minds way that they seem to be doing it. I really enjoyed Threads. I was thrilled with it. Sam finally got rid of Pete (I did feel kind of sorry for him though) and Jack realized that his feeling for Sam would get in the way of other relationships and there was the great infirmary scene moment. But I viewed it as more of a prequel for bigger and better things. That's why I was so disapointed with Moebius. Now that RDA has signed on to do at least a couple of eps for next season that puts my mind a little more at ease but I still worry that everything will happen entirely off screen and that's not what I've been waiting 8 years for. Like I've said before, I don't need some huge romantic episode, I don't need a bedroom scene, I don't need to see them get married and have kids. I just want to see the situation addressed in a clear and adult manner that leaves no room for interpretation. Either they're together or they're not. I don't want to have to wonder about it.
    Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Reading some spoilers from season 9 I think It's going to be difficult to see a shippy scene at the beginning of season 9. Maybe some nice coment from some character like Daniel , teal'c or even O'Neill that it could give us something.

We are going to have more possibilities when Carter returns and maybe at the end of the season have a real scene between them.

But I'm sure that we are going to have to continue waiting in order to have some resolution

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      I know how you feel! It is the endless plight of a Shipper to always have HOPE! Life without hope is ....well...hopeless. Here's to Sam and Jack in Season 9.
      Spoiler:
      Remember when we kept waiting for the "ideal" dream sequence that was supposedly filmed with RDA? But hope springs eternal! And all those other cliches!
      That's something that I've meant to bring up, but keep forgetting.

spoilers for s8's gemini
      Spoiler:
      Could the dream sequence Amanda was talking about be in Gemini, when RepCarter was trying not to kill fake-Jack when she was showing our Sam the hell she'd went through?

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        That's something that I've meant to bring up, but keep forgetting.

spoilers for s8's gemini
        Spoiler:
        Could the dream sequence Amanda was talking about be in Gemini, when RepCarter was trying not to kill fake-Jack when she was showing our Sam the hell she'd went through?

Sally
        Season 8 through Gemini spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        I suppose it could, but there's nothing particularly idyllic about that scene. I'm beginning to think those who speculated that quote from Amanda was actually two separate and unrelated statements put together were right. That or something got cut, which seems unlikely since there were few enough RDA scenes to start. *shrugs* Unless somebody asks her at a convention, I doubt we'll ever know.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Ok. After watching M2 last night, I have a question...
          Spoiler:
          When Jack carried off the ZPM and told Sam that she had packing to do, What Packing?
          If this question has already been discussed and answered, overlook me. I must have missed it.
          Spoiler:
          I'd like to think they were heading off somewhere together--perhaps to D.C., or his place--the cabin for an overnight/weekend stay?

Thanks in advance for possible answers!
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
            Ok. After watching M2 last night, I have a question...
            Spoiler:
            When Jack carried off the ZPM and told Sam that she had packing to do, What Packing?
            If this question has already been discussed and answered, overlook me. I must have missed it.
            Spoiler:
            I'd like to think they were heading off somewhere together--perhaps to D.C., or his place--the cabin for an overnight/weekend stay?

Thanks in advance for possible answers!
            We've been discussing and speculating on that ever since it aired in the UK. It seems to have been left purposefully vague, a fact that bugs me to no end.
            Spoiler:
            Some people think he was just referring to the fishing trip that the whole team was on at the end of the episode and some people choose to think that they're going off together or moving in together. Sadly, I think it was the former. Though I really wish it wasn't.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'm not really sure where the writers are going to take the Sam and Jack relationship in season nine. From what I have seen in the past four-five episodes, I can definitely see a change in their relationship. It's a new comfort level.
              Spoiler:

They have suddenly gone from a high school crush relationship to nearly one of a couple who have been together for eight years.

In Threads we got the infirmary scene together and as much as I loved hearing Jack saying 'Always' the part that stands out in my mind was seeing Jack's arm around Sam's shoulder, Sam's clutching Jack's hand in her own with that gentle caress of her thumb over the top of his hand. I know some people were disappointed they didn't see a kiss, but that caress was much more intimitate that anything we have really seen between them thus far. It was their first mutual, open show of affection, without a virus or loop that we have been given: and in my mind it said it all.

In Moebius I, the writers purposely gave us a tiny subtle moment with their hands gently touching during the briefing room scene. I loved how Sam spoke to Jack in Egypt. There was a new found comfort level between them. They allowed Sam to still be in charge of SG-1, giving orders and reminding all three guys what their mission was, but still allowed Sam to tease Jack a bit. There was still respect, but there wasn't any of the awkward, uncomfortable tension between them anymore.

I know a lot of people felt as if Sam has spent the past two years pinning over Jack, but I loved how different Jack's body language, gestures and tone of voice towards Sam changed by the end of MII. It was soft and affectionate in an almost sing song manner, both when he told her she had packing to do, as well as at the lake when he told her they shouldn't dwell at not having done it earlier.

RDA has said in past interviews that at the end of the series, he always pictured Jack O'Neill retiring and his cabin and fishing with Sam. AT has always said that she knows Carter loves O'Neill. JM stated recently in his thread that the relationshp between Sam and Jack has been part of the storyline well before Divide and Conquer. This is a relationship that wasn't just made up by a select group of individuals who wanted to see 'ship' between Sam and Jack. This is something that the writers and actors have spent eight years building up. We knew there couldn't be anything substantial between them until one or both retired or moved into a new position. Season nine is Sam and Jack's year.

We know Sam and Jack are not good at discussing their feelings. Jack's marriage to Sara ended because he wasn't capable of openly expressing his feelings. We saw that in 'Cold Lazarus'. I don't think we will ever see this big scene with both of them confessing their undying love for one another. We basically got that already in D&C, and through snippets over the past four years.

Now, will we get the big steamy love scene? Doubt it. But to be honest, I was disappointed with that scene in Chimera, not because it was with Pete, but because I just didn't see Sam behaving like herself. If we do see Sam and Jack into a relationship in season nine, I don't want it to be written like a soap opera. Subtle is good. I'd much rather see pictures of Jack in her office throughout the year, an occassional phone call, or if we are really lucky seeing them wake up together like we did with Jack and Kerry. Hot and heavy is great for fanfic, but it's really not something I want to watch on Stargate.

I love the Sam/Jack shippy moments just like everyone else, but I'm already losing one of my favorite characters from the show. I'm not a shipper. I'm a Sam and Jack shipper. I can't -- wont just turn off the show when it becomes boring and move on to my next ship. It's not the relationship I love so much, it's the characters themselves. I don't want them to continue to write Sam the way they have been doing over the past two years. I want to see her strong, independent, and in charge again. I'm not sure I'm willing to give up that in order for her to be with Jack. I just hope the writers are capable of giving us both without one storyline or the other suffering.

By the way, I'm so happy you started this thread.
              Spoiler:

I want to believe that this is only the beginning for Sam and Jack. In my heart, they have committed themselves heart and soul to one another already. With a little luck, we'll finally get to see them happy with each other onscreen. A kiss would be wonderful... a wedding ring even better
              ...but I won't hold my breath for either.

ForeverSG1
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 March 2005, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                ...snips..
                Spoiler:

They have suddenly gone from a high school crush relationship to nearly one of a couple who have been together for eight years.

...more snips...

Now, will we get the big steamy love scene? Doubt it. But to be honest, I was disappointed with that scene in Chimera, not because it was with Pete, but because I just didn't see Sam behaving like herself. If we do see Sam and Jack into a relationship in season nine, I don't want it to be written like a soap opera. Subtle is good. I'd much rather see pictures of Jack in her office throughout the year, an occassional phone call, or if we are really lucky seeing them wake up together like we did with Jack and Kerry. Hot and heavy is great for fanfic, but it's really not something I want to watch on Stargate.

...more snips...
                Wow! Your message obviously comes from your heart. And I kept saying, Yep, to everything.

I love the way they have developed the relationship through the years. They have been through ups/downs, ons/offs, bonding/heartbreak just like real-life and unlike a soap-opera.

Chimera
                Spoiler:

That Sam/Pete wrestling match was very awkward. My husband, who is a bigger Sam/Jack shipper than me, felt sorry for Pete there. "Poor guy didn't realize he opened a floodgate, did he? Sam has a lot of pent-up frustration over Jack but that kid can't help her. He's a trooper for trying though." Yes, I punched him in the shoulder for that.

I don't want that kind of scene with Jack and Sam. It just doesn't fit either of them.

I like what is happening with Jack and Sam and I look forward to season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                  Chimera
                  Spoiler:

That Sam/Pete wrestling match was very awkward. My husband, who is a bigger Sam/Jack shipper than me, felt sorry for Pete there. "Poor guy didn't realize he opened a floodgate, did he? Sam has a lot of pent-up frustration over Jack but that kid can't help her. He's a trooper for trying though." Yes, I punched him in the shoulder for that.

I don't want that kind of scene with Jack and Sam. It just doesn't fit either of them.
                  Season 9 speculation:
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree, that kind of scene isn't what I want to see, either. It brings up an interesting question, though: What kind of scene would you like to see in season 9 between Sam and Jack to confirm that the UST has become RST?

Personally, at this point, I'm not picky. Anything concrete would do. If it included an honest to goodness kiss they both get to remember, I'd be doing an embarrassing happy dance in my living room.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    Season 9 speculation:
                    Spoiler:
                    I agree, that kind of scene isn't what I want to see, either. It brings up an interesting question, though: What kind of scene would you like to see in season 9 between Sam and Jack to confirm that the UST has become RST?

Personally, at this point, I'm not picky. Anything concrete would do. If it included an honest to goodness kiss they both get to remember, I'd be doing an embarrassing happy dance in my living room.
                    I don't think these thoughts count as spoilers, but I'll put them in tags anyway. S9
                    Spoiler:

I personally wouldn't turn down HWMS, marriage or a baby, but I hold out no hope of seeing them. Even though we deserve something monumental after what we've endured.

What I think we could should see is something with absolutely zero room for alternative explanations. The scene should demonstrate that Sam and Jack are in a fully-committed relationship and that they're comfortable with it. The time for awkwardness has long since passed. A playful, early-morning domestic scene could work. Preferrably still in pajamas (opportunity for comedy there: maybe Sam in a Simpsons top). It should be clear that it's a regular occurance (I'd say living together, but I don't know if that will be possible now that they banished Jack to D.C.). In terms of affection, I'd like to see a few things, none of them outrageous. Maybe a quick peck to start; some dialogue while Jack is standing with his arms around Sam; then a kiss equal to the passion of the "Grace" one, but longer. Close the exchange with some kind of funny comment (preferrably from Sam).

I'd also like to see the relationship acknowledged in public. This could be S&J holding hands or just a verbal comment from say, Daniel, maybe one that you'd expect to embarrass Sam, but just provokes pride and amusement. Sam could even respond with a comment that embarrasses Daniel (i.e., TMI). Regardless, I want it clear that Sam's not looking to downplay it.

Having written all this out, I realize we're probably not going to get 1% of it. It was nice to think about, though.

Comment

Season 9 speculation:
                      Spoiler:

Speculation:
                      Spoiler:
                      I would be happy with a kiss and a hug. But I want something! I don't want speculations, I want the truth... And I think We will get something at the beginning, like nice phone call, a a shippy dialogue ...

SNY
                      Last edited by SNY; 26 March 2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        I don't think these thoughts count as spoilers, but I'll put them in tags anyway. S9
                        Spoiler:

What I think we could should see is something with absolutely zero room for alternative explanations. The scene should demonstrate that Sam and Jack are in a fully-committed relationship and that they're comfortable with it. The time for awkwardness has long since passed. A playful, early-morning domestic scene could work. Preferrably still in pajamas (opportunity for comedy there: maybe Sam in a Simpsons top). It should be clear that it's a regular occurance (I'd say living together, but I don't know if that will be possible now that they banished Jack to D.C.). In terms of affection, I'd like to see a few things, none of them outrageous. Maybe a quick peck to start; some dialogue while Jack is standing with his arms around Sam; then a kiss equal to the passion of the "Grace" one, but longer. Close the exchange with some kind of funny comment (preferrably from Sam).

I'd also like to see the relationship acknowledged in public. This could be S&J holding hands or just a verbal comment from say, Daniel, maybe one that you'd expect to embarrass Sam, but just provokes pride and amusement. Sam could even respond with a comment that embarrasses Daniel (i.e., TMI). Regardless, I want it clear that Sam's not looking to downplay it.

Having written all this out, I realize we're probably not going to get 1% of it. It was nice to think about, though.
                        Season 9 speculation:

Spoiler:
                        I like your idea! The domestic scene is very nice! But it's difficult to me imagine a scene of them holding hands in public or living together ...

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
                          Season 9 speculation:

Spoiler:
                          I like your idea! The domestic scene is very nice! But it's difficult to me imagine a scene of them holding hands in public or living together

SNY
                          I don't know,
                          Spoiler:
                          I could see the group gathered at Jack's house (if he still has it ) in his living room, ala "Lost City". Jack brings Sam a beer and sits down next to her on the couch. He surreptitiously takes her free hand, she gives him a questioning look, he arches an eyebrow, they grin at each other.

Regarding living together: If the logistics are in place, for what are they waiting?

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            I don't know,
                            Spoiler:
                            I could see the group gathered at Jack's house (if he still has it ) in his living room, ala "Lost City". Jack brings Sam a beer and sits down next to her on the couch. He surreptitiously takes her free hand, she gives him a questioning look, he arches an eyebrow, they grin at each other.

Regarding living together: If the logistics are in place, for what are they waiting?
                            I can imagine the scene but I think it's going to be difficult to see it in season 9

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
                              I can imagine the scene but I think it's going to be difficult to see it in season 9

SNY
                              That just gave me an idea. Season 9 wild spec:
                              Spoiler:
                              What if, even with Jack gone, we see Sam living in his house? It's an easy way to hint at ship without RDA around....

Comment

That just gave me an idea. Season 9 wild spec:
                                Spoiler:
                                What if, even with Jack gone, we see Sam living in his house? It's an easy way to hint at ship without RDA around....
                                I like this idea very very much!! Me, I'm easy, I'll take whatever ship I can get.

~~Close To Crazy~~
                                Psychotic Kitten
                                'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Working...
                                X