No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm with you all. All I want is...
    Spoiler:
    A Great Big Honkin' Kiss!

We've been through everything else, and it's all been hinted at. Now I need to see it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      Season 9
      Spoiler:
      My only hope is in what AT said about S/J relationship having "somewhere to go" in Season 9. It takes two to make a relationship go anywhere. I'm liking that they are filming in LA. Maybe they are using the West Wing's set!

They are filming some in LA? Is this offical? This great because that could mean more RDA, but it's also troublesome because then RDA will not need to be in Canada to film. Here is my 2 cents worth.
      Spoiler:
      I don't think the writers can be anything but vague (alternate universe, virus, etc.) but maybe they will hint at a relationship by Sam talking to Jack on the phone (Citizen Joe style) or making plans for a long weekend. This will make me happy for half a season, but I would like to see a real kiss between our Jack and Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
        At last! A good threat about their relationship!

Let begins this thread with this question:

What do you think is going to happen between them in season 9?

SNY
        I'm just gonna write it all in tags anyway, juuuust to be safe!

Spoiler:
        My biggest hope for what's going to happen between them, is one(actualy hundreds in my wildest fantasies lol) big REAL kiss. Plus just a lot of subtle 'we're a couple' type things. I love the subtle stuff as much as I love the in your face stuff.

I feel a little more hopeful knowing RDA is doing at least 2 guests to begin with. I'm thin king that since they're filming them in LA, that so long as they continue to bring the cameras to him, he'll continue to be involved in the show where ever possible. Buuuut that also doesn't give me a lot of hope about Sams story for her absence. If AT isn't there to film with RDA, we wont be seeing much shippiness i guess. But does anyone remember the story about RDA and AT going back to film some stuff after Moebius had wrapped up? Did we ever find out what they did there? Was it stuff for moebius, or was it for s9? (i'm hoping for the latter personally ) Or did it not happen at all?

~~Close To Crazy~~
        Psychotic Kitten
        'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Season 9 spoilers...well maybe. Better safe then sorry I guess.
          Spoiler:
          Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the episodes that RDA is going to be in appear, thus far, to be episodes where AT is gone? I really hope that he comes back when she's back as well. They really need to do something with their relationship. I'm really over the vague stuff. And AMEN on a real actual honest to goodness kiss. I'm not one who thinks that they need to get married and have kids or have a bedroom scene or anything huge but an actual kiss might be nice after 8 years. It's kind of funny cuz my ship expectations have always been pretty low and I'm disapointed with season 8 so I wonder how people who wanted more are feeling?
          I am in total agreement with you Shipperahoy. Season 9 speculation?
          Spoiler:
          I'm also not one for a huge declaration. I think that after 8 years, we've gotten our declaration. I would like to see an honest to goodness kiss. Sam is no longer under Jack's direct chain of command. Therefore, bring on the relationship!! Let's see how each one deals with a long-distance romance. Have RDA appear towards the last part of the season - episode 16 or 17. Something. I've been pretty laid back as far as wanting something. I'd certainly be happy with a kiss.

Threads
          Spoiler:
          That scene in the observation room. Holy Hannah! That was such an incredible scene. This was worth putting up with Pete.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            Threads
            Spoiler:
            That scene in the observation room. Holy Hannah! That was such an incredible scene. This was worth putting up with Pete.
            Well I couldn't find these Shipper threads earlier but tonight I've already found TWO! I'm in heaven.

Season 9 Wishes:
            Spoiler:
            How about a scene like the cuddling in Threads only this time at Jack's cabin in front of the fire? Oh my, is it me or is the room spinning... THUNK!

So, how can I get in touch with the Wish Fairy?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise

Spoiler:
              But does anyone remember the story about RDA and AT going back to film some stuff after Moebius had wrapped up? Did we ever find out what they did there? Was it stuff for moebius, or was it for s9? (i'm hoping for the latter personally ) Or did it not happen at all?

spoilers for s8 and spoiler/speculation for s9
              Spoiler:
              I remember that quite fine. From what I've read about Moeb 2, I don't see what the two of them would have filmed alone that needed to be added on the ep. Meaning, maybe them being called back was to set up season 9??? I'm actually scared of hoping for that, because I'm tired of getting burned. And run over. And beaten up. And kicked in the face. And other icky stuff. But I'm still hoping! (will I ever learn? )

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                spoilers for s8 and spoiler/speculation for s9
                Spoiler:
                I remember that quite fine. From what I've read about Moeb 2, I don't see what the two of them would have filmed alone that needed to be added on the ep. Meaning, maybe them being called back was to set up season 9??? I'm actually scared of hoping for that, because I'm tired of getting burned. And run over. And beaten up. And kicked in the face. And other icky stuff. But I'm still hoping! (will I ever learn? )

Sally
                I know how you feel! It is the endless plight of a Shipper to always have HOPE! Life without hope is ....well...hopeless. Here's to Sam and Jack in Season 9.
                Spoiler:
                Remember when we kept waiting for the "ideal" dream sequence that was supposedly filmed with RDA? But hope springs eternal! And all those other cliches!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  I keeping my fingers crossed Next question: do you think that we'll get to see Sam spending the night with Jack.Here is my thought
                  Spoiler:
                  Perhaps in Avalon that we see Sam sleeping and than her phone cell goes off.Something urgent.She says she has got to go and than we get a shot of someone lying right next to her:JACK
                  Season 9 spoilers.

I'd love to see a scene like that, but
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt it would be in Avalon. Amanda is on leave for the early episodes and likely won't appear in them. Still, there's nothing preventing something like that in a later episode. Say, the one where she returns?
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise
                    I'm just gonna write it all in tags anyway, juuuust to be safe!

Spoiler:
                    My biggest hope for what's going to happen between them, is one(actualy hundreds in my wildest fantasies lol) big REAL kiss. Plus just a lot of subtle 'we're a couple' type things. I love the subtle stuff as much as I love the in your face stuff.

I feel a little more hopeful knowing RDA is doing at least 2 guests to begin with. I'm thin king that since they're filming them in LA, that so long as they continue to bring the cameras to him, he'll continue to be involved in the show where ever possible. Buuuut that also doesn't give me a lot of hope about Sams story for her absence. If AT isn't there to film with RDA, we wont be seeing much shippiness i guess. But does anyone remember the story about RDA and AT going back to film some stuff after Moebius had wrapped up? Did we ever find out what they did there? Was it stuff for moebius, or was it for s9? (i'm hoping for the latter personally ) Or did it not happen at all?

Season 8 spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    I think the being called back to film bit was a misunderstanding surrounding filming running over the initial schedule. I don't think anybody was actually called back so much as worked later than originally planned. The Moebius II kiss scene was done as part of regular filming. They definitely extended regular filming a couple weeks it disrupted convention appearances. The being called back bit was all rumor in the first place, so it's rather hard to pin down exactly.

I'm not worried now that we have the news RDA is appearing in some episodes. It sounds like he has filmed some in LA and gone to Vancouver for other bits, so anything is possible. I just hope more spoilers leak soon. They're rather scarce this season and I hate not knowing!

Comment

From Joe in the ask Joe Thread:

season 7 & 8 very vague spoilers Chimera through Threads:
                      Spoiler:
                      The question: "Why have you continued this Sam/Jack thing to the point of nausea?"

Joe's answer: "Are you sure you're not referring to the cutesy-wootsy Carter/Pete relationship? That's the one that made me a little woozy."

ROTFLMAO!

It's good to know we're not alone.

I love Joe.

Comment

I just read that and LMAO. It's going to irritate quite a few people but I found it hugely amusing. Not to mention that Joe's an incredibly good sport for answering that entire post considering it's somewhat antogonistic nature. Now if he'll just answer any question about S/J in season 9 I'll be an incredibly happy camper.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          I just read that and LMAO. It's going to irritate quite a few people but I found it hugely amusing. Not to mention that Joe's an incredibly good sport for answering that entire post considering it's somewhat antogonistic nature. Now if he'll just answer any question about S/J in season 9 I'll be an incredibly happy camper.
                          I don't think there was any way Joe could answer that sort of question without irritating somebody. It was a classic "Have you stopped beating your wife?" sort of question. I do feel some sympathy for those on the other side. I'm in that situation in another fandom now where canon is going somewhere I had hoped it never would, but it's not going to stop me from giggling at Joe's answer. I'm going to enjoy this one while it lasts.

My fingers are crossed that he'll answer your question. Unfortunately, even if he does answer, it will probably be vague. Vague and subtle is the way of this pairing.

Comment

It does appear that this relationship is primarily based on hungry looks, kisses in alternate realities and everything else that can be considered gray. Perhaps in S9 we'll get something definitive!!
                            -girlgater

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I think it's pretty obvious that they are together, I do not believe TPTB would have wasted a good part of an episode just for them to break it off with their significant others and have nothing happen between them. To me that would have been a waste of an episode and I don't think they would do that. So, I believe that their relationship will be addressed in season 9, who knows maybe Jack will say something in the first episode that leads everyone to believe they are together. I also speculate that RDA will be in more than 2 episodes, I don't think they would have him in just the beginning of the season if he's doing more than 1 episode. Hey and they finally went fishing, yay!
                              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                                Spoiler:
                                I think it's pretty obvious that they are together, I do not believe TPTB would have wasted a good part of an episode just for them to break it off with their significant others and have nothing happen between them. To me that would have been a waste of an episode and I don't think they would do that. So, I believe that their relationship will be addressed in season 9, who knows maybe Jack will say something in the first episode that leads everyone to believe they are together. I also speculate that RDA will be in more than 2 episodes, I don't think they would have him in just the beginning of the season if he's doing more than 1 episode. Hey and they finally went fishing, yay!
                                Some season 8 spoilers and Season 9 speculation
                                Spoiler:
                                It's not that I don't think that they'll be together in some shape or form, it's that I'm not particularly happy with the tip toe, riding the fence, can't make up our minds way that they seem to be doing it. I really enjoyed Threads. I was thrilled with it. Sam finally got rid of Pete (I did feel kind of sorry for him though) and Jack realized that his feeling for Sam would get in the way of other relationships and there was the great infirmary scene moment. But I viewed it as more of a prequel for bigger and better things. That's why I was so disapointed with Moebius. Now that RDA has signed on to do at least a couple of eps for next season that puts my mind a little more at ease but I still worry that everything will happen entirely off screen and that's not what I've been waiting 8 years for. Like I've said before, I don't need some huge romantic episode, I don't need a bedroom scene, I don't need to see them get married and have kids. I just want to see the situation addressed in a clear and adult manner that leaves no room for interpretation. Either they're together or they're not. I don't want to have to wonder about it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X