Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatieB View Post
    THIS MIGHT BE A SPOILER FOR NORTH AMERICAN MEMBERS SO BEWARE ....

EPISODE 10 - 14 "THE SHROUD"

=====================================
    I just saw this episode this evening (it was aired by Sky TV in Ireland on Jan 30th) and man, it is a complete bummer .... as a long standing Sam/Jack shipper, I was happy to believe with the hints we had been thrown that Sam and Jack had finally got it together.

But in this episode, Jack was back at the SGC, and even in the scenes where they were on their own, Sam called Jack "Sir" and (more worryingly) there was a definite lack of chemistry between them. There was nothing to even hint that they had anything but a strictly professional relationship.

What's going on here? The McKay marraige in the previous episode was a funny joke, but the Sam/Jack romance has always been one of the key components of the mix that made SG1 so special. Now that we are so close to the end, I would hope that the producers are going to do the right thing, and allow Sam and Jack to reach the logical conclusion of their relationship.
    I hate to say this because I absolutely adore RDA, but a lot of the "ship" comes from subtleties that he and Amanda convey (since TPTB cut any dialogue that might offend anti-shippers)-- but RDA's timing seemed to be off for this episode -- even his usual banter with Daniel was way off. Of course, if they brought Jack back more fully in several movies, I'm sure he'd bounce back to our luvable Jack right away!
    sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
      I hate to say this because I absolutely adore RDA, but a lot of the "ship" comes from subtleties that he and Amanda convey (since TPTB cut any dialogue that might offend anti-shippers)-- but RDA's timing seemed to be off for this episode -- even his usual banter with Daniel was way off. Of course, if they brought Jack back more fully in several movies, I'm sure he'd bounce back to our luvable Jack right away!
      Yeah, I found him rather stiff, too. RDA himself said that he didn't "loosen up" enough before hand, so, alas. Too bad he more like the old Jack in the "Atlantis" episode(s) with Robert Picardo.

Well, there's always "Continuum."

Bucky

Comment

sam and cam kissed?
        when? o_o
        Ps: sorry guys! >.< i'm new here! *blushes*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shippyangel View Post
          sam and cam kissed?
          when? o_o
          Ps: sorry guys! >.< i'm new here! *blushes*
          No, not really. It was in 'Unending', which means it didn't happen anyway as the timeline was rewound. But in the episode, it was Christmas on the ship and Cam kissed Sam under the mistletoe and then kissed Vala immediately afterwards (at the time Vala was in a romantic relationship with Daniel). Both were friendly kisses and no romance implied. So don't worry! Everyone knows Sam belongs to Jack.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            No, not really. It was in 'Unending', which means it didn't happen anyway as the timeline was rewound. But in the episode, it was Christmas on the ship and Cam kissed Sam under the mistletoe and then kissed Vala immediately afterwards (at the time Vala was in a romantic relationship with Daniel). Both were friendly kisses and no romance implied. So don't worry! Everyone knows Sam belongs to Jack.
            Thanks! xDD
            You rock! I'm trying to download Unending from the web.
            sigpic

Comment

Good news on the shipper front. Go read Joe Mallozzi's blog and squee !!!
              Warning major spoilers for Season four Atlantis
              Spoiler:
              To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what’s going on with Carter’s love life, you’ll have to wait until Trio for a not-so-subtle tip-off. Let the gang at SDJ begin their predictable hysterics…

*runs off to tell rest of shipper friends the good news*

Here is the link to the blog http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/index.html
              sigpic
              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                Spoiler:
                To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what’s going on with Carter’s love life, you’ll have to wait until Trio for a not-so-subtle tip-off. Let the gang at SDJ begin their predictable hysterics…

I am so excited about this news...
                Spoiler:
                I really hope this means that TPTB will stop playing around and tell us that Jack and Sam are together!

Comment

I'm relatively new (back again) at GW and I hope someone can answer this for me: What is the difference between this thread and the J/S ship family thread? Just wondering...
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                    I'm relatively new (back again) at GW and I hope someone can answer this for me: What is the difference between this thread and the J/S ship family thread? Just wondering...
                    This is an old thread that keeps getting resurrected.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                      This is supposed to be discussion only, the other the Family ship thread is a more fluffy look at the ship...where we squee...a lot. I like it a lot better over there (no offense). That is MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                        Spoiler:

Um, was just wondering, but what does he mean by "SDJ"?
                        Janet
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, overall we are a positive group of fans that support each other through the negative. Hope everyone is having fun today after such a strange day yesterday. Love, kisses, and 5 stars.

Banner made by Tanya Erikson

Comment

I must have missed the strangeness of yesterday (off in my own little world of thunk ) but just to spread the positive vibes that I got today, I dropped of five more stars for Jack/Sam. I used to ship 'em, so... what the hey.

*high fives the shippers in a world of bleh*

Comment

5 Stars for Sam and jack

How could I forget to vote here?

Comment

why cant they be together? it would make the show better. but NO they dont get together never ever!!! = love for ever!!!
                                but in some episodes sam likes people like daniel or even . mckay!!! like come one sam pick one that you trully love and stay with them.

than be like that carter. go out with billlions of guys and hope jack sais its ok!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X