X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French and Chinese and other governments

The French and Chinese and other governments

In S6 "Disclosure" , The French & Chinese embassador were about to expose the SGC to the world .
    Only Thor's appearance convince them to let US military to continue control the stargate.

Now the Goa'uld are almost defeated, the Replicator are gone.
    Are the French and Chinese going to play nice or show up in SGC making demands in S9 ?

From the Spoiler
    Colonel Chekovc will have a bigger role than in pervious season*
    i think it is easy to convince the British or even the Candadian (Lost city pt 2, when the President inform Canada)
    After the events in S8 "Full Alert" the Russian and American will reach some new understanding .
    But the French and the Chinese,
    For example,
    The French were spearheaded the move to lift the EU arm ban on China, but the American strongly oppose to the move .

How can American government share alien technologies with China when they won't let them have the European technologies ?

The Goa'uld war is almost over , the other Earth governements will not be as united with the American as before.
    So what now?
    Are we going to see any tension with other government ? Will the French or chinese government make any S9 appearance.
    And would the Goa'uld on Earth try to influence the Chinese ,or French governement like they did with the Russian (S8 "Full Alert")

I Chiness are aware that they won’t get direct access to any advanced alien tech so what they might do is ask member from their military join the SGC teams. Use the Russians to get advanced tech.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I believe that France and China won't be making many demands any time soon. With the Orii coming, they might keep quiet.
      Enter my game site...

Comment

Forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought in that episode they suggested that once the promethius etc were actually finished the crew would be multi-national, or something to that effect.

Why exactly are the french there? can we expect an "oriee-fance" when a war kicks off?

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
          Forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought in that episode they suggested that once the promethius etc were actually finished the crew would be multi-national, or something to that effect.

Why exactly are the french there? can we expect an "oriee-fance" when a war kicks off?
          Because the French are part of the permanent UN members.

Canada knows about the StarGate because the SGC is right under NORAD, a joint effort between Canada and USA.

China is there because it's also part of the permanent UN members.

Same for Russia

Yet again, same for UK.

As for the "International Team", their demands were settled when they created the SGA international team.
          Enter my game site...

Comment

Plus both countries have nuclear arsenals which could come in handy if the crud hits the fan.

Comment

Personally, I would like to see the british involved in the Stargate program. Since Britain is america's closest ally in Stargate and in real life. So it only seems sensible to let Britain in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                Personally, I would like to see the british involved in the Stargate program. Since Britain is america's closest ally in Stargate and in real life. So it only seems sensible to let Britain in on it.
                i agree
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

i hate the french, just think if they had the stargate all of us would be dead eight years ago 9 or we would be occupied by the gould). lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                    i hate the french, just think if they had the stargate all of us would be dead eight years ago 9 or we would be occupied by the gould). lol
                    That's already the case... our country has been invaded by the goa'uld and we all carry a symbiote! I'm myself the Great God Osiris and you'll be the first one I'll bleed dry!

(I knew you would post here... who's the most predictable one? )

Comment

Now THAT was prejudicial.

Let's not slam the real-life countries. After all, FRENCH PEOPLE POST ON THESE FORUMS.

Anywhoo, I'm quite sure everything will keep simmering until Kinsey makes a new move.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Now Now the USA would not exist if it was not for the French Empire giving canons, muskets, ammunition, ships & troops in the American Revolutionary War. The British Empire had just recaptured all of South Carolina in 1780 when the French sent an attack fleet to blockade the British supply lines, as well as the fact they supplied 3 regiments of elite troops to fight alongside American rebels. The USA is the result of Anglo-Franco Imperial ambitions, not any divine right that your presidents are always raving on about.

Comment

Why should The US get all the cool tech?
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

That's hilarious. And yet, what is the US but a mixture of those very peoples? Real gratuituous, don't you think?
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Don't be the typical ignorant American stereotype...you make the rest of us look bad.
                              Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              Why should The US get all the cool tech?
                              Because we fought and bled and died to get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X