PDA

View Full Version : SG-4/The Russsian Team.

Crazedwraith
May 29th, 2004, 04:40 AM
In season 6 we see the infamous russian team again, wearing russik style military uniform and SG-4 patches. Yet by the time of Season 7, we see SG-4 again in an ep (Life boat, I think) And their a medical team, ijn american style SGC uniforms?

Where did the russians go?

Revet
May 29th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Maybe it was simply a goof on the costume dept's part.

Teal'c
May 29th, 2004, 07:49 AM
They're probably forced to switch units all the time, just to piss them off :P

KokiriChild
May 29th, 2004, 09:00 AM
maybe they were honourary members?

Crazedwraith
May 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM
I was thinking. Season 8 spoilers in white: highlight to read what with O'Neill in charge of the SGC the russains are going to get bullied. I can just imagine a scene;

Chevron Guy: Sir the MALP from PV678-T566 Shows lots of Jaffa sir, it would be a suicide mission for SG-1 to go there.

O'Neill: Cancel SG-1's mission there Walter

CG: Yes ' sir

O'Neill: on 2nd thoughts assign the mission to the russain team.

KokiriChild
May 29th, 2004, 09:04 AM
hahaha, yeah. One problem with white spoliers - when you get e-mail about the post it doesn't white the text out, just puts it in plain black, so that was pre-spoiled for me :( maybe the mods could program some spoiler tages in and to sort that out? They did it with ffonline.com's forums

KorbenDirewolf
May 29th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Spoiler- Metamorposis
.I'm guessing that since the Russians were killed the SG-4 designation was reassigned and the Russians were assigned a different number when/if they get another shot.

Mr Prophet
November 27th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Only one of the Russians was killed; the rest retreated because they actually obey standing orders and follow SOP.

But why should SG-4 have stayed as the Russian team? After all, with the possible exception of SG-3, no other team has turned up more than twice with the same job.

Crazedwraith
November 27th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Only one of the Russians was killed; the rest retreated because they actually obey standing orders and follow SOP.

But why should SG-4 have stayed as the Russian team? After all, with the possible exception of SG-3, no other team has turned up more than twice with the same job.
SG-1 :D
SG-11 : Danny's diggers. (i say that because i can't spel acheologist)

Anyhoo it's been a while since i've seen this thread..........

Mr Prophet
November 27th, 2004, 05:11 AM
SG-1 :D
SG-11 : Danny's diggers. (i say that because i can't spel acheologist)

Anyhoo it's been a while since i've seen this thread..........

It got linked as a 'related thread'.

SG-1 don't count because they're not an 'other' team. If I had said 'aside from SG-3, no team has turned up twice with the same job', you would be right to correct me, but if I were not speaking implicitly of SG-1, that 'other' would be tautology. :p

Can you name two episodes in which SG-11 are an archaeology team? They were - or might have been - in The First Ones, but I'm sure they're the engineers in Spirits.