Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
    Oh sorry, terribly behind, work sucks and all that... they let me out on the weekends, ins't that kind?

Anyway - YES!!!!! And Jess has the beautiful banners to now show off her wonderful talent!

Congrats Girl! *hugs*
    C.
    LOL...I know the feeling! Great to see ya back though!

*blushes* thanks! *hugs back*

I just got back from I-CON 25 and had a blast. I got to meet Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmak) who has said in the past that Sam and Daniel should be together. I gave him a Jacob teddy bear (thanks to rebelwriter03 for the costume!!), got 2 autographed pics from him (one that says "Sam Daniel rebellion right on!") and got a couple of pics taken with him. I'll be putting them up on my site, hopefully by tonight or tomorrow, along with a small report in case anyone's interested. He really is a sweet guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
      I like the way you think! I didn't even notice that little nod, but now that I think of it, that scenario makes sense. I just think the way Daniel said
      Spoiler:
      honeymoon
      suggested personal surprise like a "me an her" type thing. He didn't seem to displeased either

Thanks much Jess! I will hopefully get the third chapter up soon. Should be a crazy one.

Love that pic. They always look so nice together. I mentioned this before, but the first time I watched SG-1, I thought Sam and Dan were the ship. They're often framed together and they are often paired off together on missions--I think tehre is a Freddy and Daphne type thing going on
      I gotta admit I didn't notice that right away but I went back and watched it again - and I think you're on to something there! He didn't seem displeased at all.

You're welcome, I can't wait to read it!

I first started watching during season 6...I think Abyss was the first ep I ever saw when it was first run. I had no idea about any pairs but I did notice how upset Sam was in Paradise Lost...understandably upset that they couldn't find Jack but she also brought up Daniel. You could tell she was still really missing him and I started to sense something more between them. Then I caught the old eps in reruns and I loved how they were often paired off together, even in the first season for eps like Thor's Hammer and Bloodlines. I really liked their interaction and I thought more and more that they were THE pair ... but the ep that really did it for me was Singularity.

As for the Fred and Daphne thing... it's my turn to say "I like the way you think!"

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        Thanks for that, JessM. We shippers have to be good sports, it's so much more fun that way!

Just sayin', Sam and Dan are my second fave ship; they are so cute together! Love the pics of them here, awesome.
        No prob, and I totally agree! There are some people who are much too serious about it and love to jump down people's throats. This is much better!

They are adorable and I love when they do their "science twins" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
          Welcome to the thread ChristianGateFan. Glad to have you. THat spoilor is somewhere on Gateworld. Not exactly sure where though.
          Welcome from me too, ChristianGateFan! Yup it's for the second ep of season 10... Morpheus I think it's called.

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward too it. Thanks for info.

And thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. Usually I'll be hanging either here, or over at the Daniel Jackson/MS Thunk Thread, LOL

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
            Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
            Left Behind: SG-1
            The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
              I gotta admit I didn't notice that right away but I went back and watched it again - and I think you're on to something there! He didn't seem displeased at all.

You're welcome, I can't wait to read it!

I first started watching during season 6...I think Abyss was the first ep I ever saw when it was first run. I had no idea about any pairs but I did notice how upset Sam was in Paradise Lost...understandably upset that they couldn't find Jack but she also brought up Daniel. You could tell she was still really missing him and I started to sense something more between them. Then I caught the old eps in reruns and I loved how they were often paired off together, even in the first season for eps like Thor's Hammer and Bloodlines. I really liked their interaction and I thought more and more that they were THE pair ... but the ep that really did it for me was Singularity.

As for the Fred and Daphne thing... it's my turn to say "I like the way you think!"
              The first episode I saw was a long time ago. I think it was the late 90s, and the episode title was Prisoners. I always figured Daniel and Sam would get together because of how Sam watched out after him when he got knocked out by that huge prisoner guy. Guess I was wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGateFan
                Sweet! Looking forward too it. Thanks for info.

And thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. Usually I'll be hanging either here, or over at the Daniel Jackson/MS Thunk Thread, LOL
                You're welcome! Ah yes I like to go over there when I can, but I don't really post there because I don't think I could keep up! lol!

Comment

Oh come on, I'm newer than you are, and I do okay. Give it a try!

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
                  Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
                  Left Behind: SG-1
                  The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

I hate to be a wet blanket here for any reason, but I was browsing over at the Our Stargate forum and found something disheartening. Someone said that MS said in an interview that he doesn't mind if there is a relationship between Daniel and Vala, especially if it's useful to the storyline. They didn't say what interview it was from, but it's a little suspect to me because I remember him saying at a con last year that he wouldn't want any ships in the show, that it just makes things too crazy. And this was as they were filming S9, with Vala already there. I find it kind of weird that he would change his mind so quickly.

Anyway people over on that particular thread were almost sure that TPTB would ship Daniel and Vala because it almost seems like a direct parallel to Daniel and Sha're and that TPTB love ship and will most certainly try it.

Just thinking of this makes me kinda ill. I know that we won't see Sam/Daniel as a true ship in the show, so the nice little moments between them are usually enough to keep me going. But if they try this, I think we can be almost certain that these moments will be gone. I don't like the idea of Vala and Daniel in a relationship. It would turn the show into "Stardate" like it almost was with all the Sam/Jack stuff during eps like Grace, Chimera and Threads, and I think that could cause me to stop watching the show (and it would take a lot for me to stop). I seriously am more turned off by Daniel/Vala than I am by Jack/Sam.

Sorry for the rant!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGateFan
                      Oh come on, I'm newer than you are, and I do okay. Give it a try!
                      Um...well I guess I could try! I'm just not on it very often during the week - work usually has me swamped - so I'm thinking I'd have to go back 100 posts to get to someone's reply to me, lol

Comment

daniel and vala better not get together hopefully vala will be to busy with her baby to pay much attention to daniel

and don't worry about keeping up just read threads you like and just have fun don't get all stressed about it i never thought i would be up to 700 posts so soon
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have a little situation...I was talking to my boyfriend the other day and he is totally against the Sam/Daniel ship...he thinks it should be Sam/Jack just because of the other realities...he won't listen to me when I try to justify the S/D ship...lol...he has to be converted...I've got to find a way for him to see the light....anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                            I have a little situation...I was talking to my boyfriend the other day and he is totally against the Sam/Daniel ship...he thinks it should be Sam/Jack just because of the other realities...he won't listen to me when I try to justify the S/D ship...lol...he has to be converted...I've got to find a way for him to see the light....anyone have any ideas?
                            The fact that Jack CAN'T stay out of servise, I mean, what was the longest he was resigned for, A year?
                            And besides, they don't make half as cute a couple as Sam and Dan.!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                            Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                            I caught frogs and called them prince
                            And made myself a queen
                            Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                            I slept in castles and fell in love
                            Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                            To capture tinkerbell
                            They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                            But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                            And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                            And anything I can to get by
                            And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

True, AND he's now in Washington DC, so he's not even close to her anymore. And forget that stuff about long-distance relationships!

And I'm with Gateimage, they are just so cute together! Watch how they get so engrossed in something science-related and how they finish each other's thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                                True, AND he's now in Washington DC, so he's not even close to her anymore. And forget that stuff about long-distance relationships!

And I'm with Gateimage, they are just so cute together! Watch how they get so engrossed in something science-related and how they finish each other's thoughts!
                                yes, they do. and it is so very sweet!
                                Spoiler:
                                Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                                I caught frogs and called them prince
                                And made myself a queen
                                Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                                I slept in castles and fell in love
                                Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                                To capture tinkerbell
                                They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                                But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                                And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                                And anything I can to get by
                                And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X