This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will SG1 outshine Atlantis?

I just wanted to mock the topic in the Atlantis forum, "Will Atlantis outshine SG1..."

Well, time for me to get some headaches
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I'm guessing that SG-1 will always be a top show within the Sci-Fi category, but it may be possible with all the Lost City sort of stuff. We'll soon see!
    __

__

Comment

SG:A does the have fortune of having "Atlantis" in the name...alot of people are interested by this. My gf isn't really a big fan of stargate (although she does watch sometimes), and even SHE said it was cool about them discovering Atlantis.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I thought it was cool too , and i thought it was also cool that O'niell had the special genes to control the Atlantis equipment and stuff...

Comment

People will be more interested in the last season of SG1, Then atlantis will get all the attention unless it sucks.
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

It would be really interesting though not out of the question if atlantis had higher ratings then sg1, this could happen because not everyone has seen sg1 from the start, while atlantis could draw sg1 fans and new fans that may not watch sg1.

Comment

i think with sg1 having such well developed characters now, itll be hard to beat, because you just watch it, and you KNOW what there gonna do. Like whenever tielc is questioning, and he just sits there. You cant do that with atlantis just yet because the chatacters wont be well enough developed. People dont wanna be sitting wtaching somebody they hardly know being silent. Its like with star trek. Everyone wondered if jean luc picard could become the new kirk. It started slow, but eventually, everyone saw him as the "star trek" captain, the big name synonymous with the series!

SG1 Will undoubtedly outshine atlantis for a while, but only because of insufficient character development on the atlantis side of things!

Comment

I totally agree, SG1 is already well-developed (well, not some people, the show has become underdeveloped), and i think it'll be hard for a new show to do better.

Comment

For me, I think that Atlantis has a chance of outshining SG-1... Mainly because I think it's starting to drag on... I mean, for me, all of the previous seven seasons have been great, and I'm looking forward to season eight... But I hope to god that they don't go one season too many like "The X-Files".
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                    But I hope to god that they don't go one season too many like "The X-Files".
                    I totally think the same! Once Moulder was abducted and was out of the show, it lost its balance, there were more 'non believers' than believers in the show, i thought the show's story kind of went weird, so i lost interest. Although Stargate's storylines hasn't been my favorite (a handfull of season 7 episodes weren't really my favorite) i think Stargate SG1 will still be good

Comment

yeah yeah, im not saying it time it wont outshine sg1, it has every chance as with every new series. what im saying is that while they run in conjunction it wont!

Comment

That's almost like asking if DS9 was going to outshine TNG. sg-1 has firmly established itself as an icon of science fiction history, with season 8 being its potential last season (potential like s6 and s7...:-/) fans will watch it bad or not. with atlantis, they still need to "plant the seeds" and prove themselves to be an able show worthy to "carry the torch". Because they are potentially overlapping with only one season and this season being sg-1 swan song...sg1 will definately be the more "prominent attraction"
                        My flickr photography.

Comment

I would rather watch a last season of SG1 then the new season of Atlantis (Although Atlantis is after SG1), but then again, they're DVD's , but i'm an unpatient person.

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku
                            sg-1 has firmly established itself as an icon of science fiction history, with season 8 being its potential last season (potential like s6 and s7...:-/) fans will watch it bad or not. with atlantis, they still need to "plant the seeds" and prove themselves to be an able show worthy to "carry the torch".
                            I agree. I was wondering if there will be any people watching Atlantis who are not watching SG-1 and are not familiar with the whole background story. What I mean is, I think there will be some SG-1 fans who are not going to watch Atlantis, and it might be hard for Atlantis to attract people who are not interested in SG-1 and don't know anything about the storyline. So, I'm not sure about the "outshining" but I think it's not going to be easy for Atlantis to keep up to SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                              But I hope to god that they don't go one season too many like "The X-Files".
                              Only ONE too many!?!

It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X