X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ocean [under Atlantis]

Heya!

I was wondering...

What do you think lurks in the ocean of Atlantis???

Scary sea monsters?
    Loads of fish?

Or do you think there'll be really cool technology and stuff??

It'd be pointless for the writers to make the ocean empty, since it'd be a great resource for stories.

So people...whadaya think?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Fish and might have some interesting wreaks that could be explored.. might have to get Bob Ballard to join the guys in Atlantis

Comment

The Man From Atlantis. That's who they need to discover - a whole race of People of Atalantia.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

id love for some ocean stories, it could also have a reason for them to design some new vehicles...like subs or something.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

True, you'd think with Atlantis in the name they'd at least try a few aquatic based adventures.

Comment

For this exploration of space, maybe the Atlantis team needs to take a puddlejumper to the ocean bottom and see what they come up with.

But fish and stuff can't be ruled out.

Maybe they will go to the ocean in a later season of Atlantis.

Comment

there could be some sort of facility under the water, a storage area with a zpm maybe?

Also on there way down they should find the wreck of the time ship!
              sigpic

Comment

Spoilers from before I sleep

Spoiler:
                Jonas told the weir that went back in time that the ship crashed and that they recovered it from the ocean floor

With that said - that would mean that there are either sub like vehicles someplace or atlantis has a underwater crane.....
                Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  Also on there way down they should find the wreck of the time ship!
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought the ancients would have recovered the wreck because otherwise how would they know that there were no other survivors than Dr Weir.

There should be the wreckage of an old ancient spaceship from the war with the wraith. Something big that McKay and company can salvage and rebuild to make our own hybrid ship out of. Then we'd be able to defend ourselves a bit better and have a bit more command in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

More command would put humans on an even footing with the wraith, spoiling the underdog element...

But the idea of wraith or other forms of wreckage sounds interesting. Thre are a LOT of things you can do with a wreck... though we've already seen one wrecked wraith vessel in The Defiant One.

Still, undersea wrecks are a bit of a classic. Perhaps if any of the writers are lurking, they might take a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                      More command would put humans on an even footing with the wraith, spoiling the underdog element...
                      One hybrid ship that would take us a season to complete isn't really going to put us on level peggings with the Wraith and their 60 Hive ships, is it?

I would like some kind of exploration of the sea, just so long as it doesn't totally detract from the space exploration element. Like I suggested, I would like the exploration of the ocean to lead to exploration of space.
                      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                        One hybrid ship that would take us a season to complete isn't really going to put us on level peggings with the Wraith and their 60 Hive ships, is it?[
                        You know, thinking about it a second time, a wraith ship without FTL would in fact be a lot better at keeping the isolated feel. You can go short distances, but you can't get home in it.

So.... if they have to have a ship, a salvaged wraith vessel is probably the better way to go. Assuming of course that a human could ever USE a wraith vessel. They seem to have the same genetic locks on their technology as the Ancients did, which is why Teyla was able to access the wraith lab, while Shep and crew were not.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D
                          .. might have to get Bob Ballard to join the guys in Atlantis
                          Wait, isn't his name Nick Ballard?

Originally posted by odinseye
                          Spoilers from before I sleep

Spoiler:
                          Jonas told the weir that went back in time that the ship crashed and that they recovered it from the ocean floor

With that said - that would mean that there are either sub like vehicles someplace or atlantis has a underwater crane.....
                          Why do you say sub? In the oppening scenes of of the Atlantis intro, we can clearly see that the Puddle Jumper is underwater zooming towards Atlantis.

Another possibility is that they beamed the wreckage and Weir to the city.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt

Why do you say sub? In the oppening scenes of of the Atlantis intro, we can clearly see that the Puddle Jumper is underwater zooming towards Atlantis.
                            LOL no, it was on top of the ice.

Transporters....we could do with some long range transporters!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              id love for some ocean stories, it could also have a reason for them to design some new vehicles...like subs or something.
                              The Ancients who lived in Atlantis might have had space travel capabilities, which is wonderful, but they were also humanoid. That means that they would, if they are anything like us, enjoy a day sailing and boating. I'm thinking they'll find all kinds of boats here and there in the city.
                              ~*~*~*~*~*
                              not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Working...
                              X