This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Ishta

# NEW! March 11 — "As for Ishta returning in Season Nine. No plans as of yet, but its always possible."
    (SG-1 executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at GateWorld Forum)
    No plans - I would have thought she would be an integral part of the free jaffa society
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I think you are confusing Ishta with the Ashchen. Ishta is a person not a race, she was the free female jaffa warrior played by the fine jolene blalock. Ishta should be involved in it though her views were different to those of TEal'c and the others so possibly not. Characters do exist and play roles even if they do not appear on screen such as Bra'tac, we accept he does stuff even when not in any episodes, same goes for Ry'aac.

Comment

Originally posted by thetron
      The Ishta quite possibly dialled into one of the world with a black hole.

One of the many gate co-ordinates, which was left on the SGC computer by Carter. Who deleted most of the good ones and left them with useless and crappy dangerous planets (including the one with the black hole). They could dial from a Ishta occupied planet or the Ishta home world. An Ishta occupied world is expendable if it was sucked in by a black hole and than dialling a black hole world on the Ishta homeworld, which would possibly cripple the Ishta

Anything’s is possible in Sci-fi. They may know how to close black holes
      Are you sure you're not thinking of the Aschen there?
      The Unknown James

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownJ
        Are you sure you're not thinking of the Aschen there?
        Yeh sorry

I don't think the Ishta have much purpose no more

Comment

Arggh! There is no "the Ishta", Ishta is a female jaffa warrior not a race. It would be like saying the Teal'c or the Thor, they are people not races so you can't use the definite article.

Comment

Oh well ppl, some people can make mistakes. No use replying to keep pointing fingers.

Anyways, it could be that Ishta died in the slaughter at Dakara by Anubis. That would be sucked.

Comment

On specific comment Re: Ishta - the less I see her the better.

Not only did I not like her character - I could do with out Teal'c shoving his tounge down her throat in front of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                Arggh! There is no "the Ishta", Ishta is a female jaffa warrior not a race. It would be like saying the Teal'c or the Thor, they are people not races so you can't use the definite article.
                are you sure you don't mean Ashen that is a race but ishta is a warrior so are you confused??

Comment

I wouldn't mind if Ishta was back, it would make sence for her to be on the Jaffa counsel since she is the leader of a signifigant faction of rebels.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                    I wouldn't mind if Ishta was back, it would make sence for her to be on the Jaffa counsel since she is the leader of a signifigant faction of rebels.
                    Thats what i think - I am very disappointed that she wont be back
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Having Jolene Blalock on screen, be it as Ishta on SG or T'Pol on ST is worth it. Since she doesn't have any attachments to the ST universe anymore she should reprise Ishta on a more permanent bases. And about their PDA, TPTB could marry them, we know once marriage occurs, many of the public displays of affection cease.

Comment

i think the only thing stopping ishta from returning is that more than half the eps aren't written yet...so things are always open

one way to interpret joe's words is that, sure she could come back, but no one has pitched the idea yet

if cj wants to write an eps or pitches one, tehn we likely stand a good chance of seeing her.

i would like to at least know her status, is she alive, dead?

it'd be nice continuity
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Considering that they are taking the show in new direction by exploring the ancients history I think the Jaffa nation storyline is small part of show this season I think they will spend most of the season exploring the ancient history.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            Considering that they are taking the show in new direction by exploring the ancients history I think the Jaffa nation storyline is small part of show this season I think they will spend most of the season exploring the ancient history.
                            happy, happy, joy, joy,

the whole glowing alien bits got old way back in B5.

what is it with scifi shows that dont' want to mess with more 'human' drama (meanign normal people working things out) and immediately head for the 'omiscent creatures' bits????

Q was good only in small doses, Kosh got really old really fast and so did the wormhole aliens in ds9
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              happy, happy, joy, joy,

the whole glowing alien bits got old way back in B5.

what is it with scifi shows that dont' want to mess with more 'human' drama (meanign normal people working things out) and immediately head for the 'omiscent creatures' bits????

Q was good only in small doses, Kosh got really old really fast and so did the wormhole aliens in ds9
                              I was personally getting tired of the gou’ald that is one of the reason I’m glade they are introducing new enemy.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X