This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Zone # !77 - RDA & Torri on cover

There be spoilers ahead for Season Eight and Stargate Atlantis...

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t177_display.htm

(Cover photo of Richard Dean Anderson and Torri Higginson.)

TV Zone is a UK SciFi Magazine. In the United States, it can be found at Borders or Barnes and Noble Bookstores. PLEASE call and confirm with your bookstore that they have the issue, as it takes awhile for issues to be shipped over from the UK.

OR...you can order online from:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D...195.html#aT177

Stargate: Atlantis

• As the new Stargate mission ventures out into the galaxy, we talk to co-producer and director Martin Wood about what we can expect from the highly-anticipated spin-off series.

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t177_feat01.htm

Feature: Stargate: Atlantis
    Deep Deep Trouble

Stargate SG-1 co-producer and resident director Martin Wood takes the helm for the pilot of new spin-off Stargate: Atlantis. We took the tour…

This June, fans of Stargate SG-1 have twice as much to look forward to. Not only will Jack O’Neill and the rest of SG-1 be back for an eighth season, but another intrepid team will also venture out to explore the unknown in the highly anticipated spin-off series Stargate: Atlantis. Audiences will be taken to Atlantis, an island city on a planet in the distant Pegasus galaxy. Abandoned long ago by the Ancients, the race who created the Stargate, it holds secrets that can help defend the Earth against an attack by the Goa’uld.

In the Atlantis pilot episode, Rising, Dr Elizabeth Weir (first seen in the Stargate Season Seven finale The Lost City), travels with an international group of 100 men and women through the SGC’s Stargate to Atlantis. Their mission is to uncover the city’s technological treasures and figure out how they work. Weir also assigns a small military and scientific contingent to use the Atlantis Stargate to explore worlds in the Pegasus system. Commanded by Major John Sheppard, the team makes some new friends as well as meets a deadly adversary. Sound exciting? Veteran Stargate director Martin Wood, who directed Rising, thinks so.

“This pilot is the biggest, and hopefully the best, thing I’ve ever done,” enthuses Wood. “It was an absolutely massive project. Last weekend [early April 2004] we were in helicopters and up on a glacier filming the opening scenes. In it Colonel O’Neill [Richard Dean Anderson, who guest-stars along with Michael Shanks in Rising] and Major Sheppard [Joe Flanigan] are being chased by one of Anubis’s drones from The Lost City. The helicopter carrying both men lands, Sheppard jumps out and dives into the snow. As O’Neill follows, he turns and looks at this drone that is advancing towards them.

“It was a glorious day and not very Stargate-like for us because we don’t usually have that kind of money to play around with. We took four helicopters up with us, one just for all our gear. There was a ‘hero’ helicopter and Richard sat in the front passenger seat. You can see him in all the scenes where the helicopter is bobbing, weaving and whipping around in the air. At one point we were talking on the radio and he was like, ‘Come on, have us do more loops.’ Richard had a ball,” chuckles the director.

“I remember walking into the editing room when Brad Wright and Robert Cooper [Atlantis creators and executive producers] were doing a producers cut of the pilot. They had composer Joel Goldsmith’s music playing over the opening titles, which were these huge sweeping Antarctic-like shots of the mountains and glaciers I had done days before. Brad called me over to look at the footage and I got a little misty. You sometimes get to a point when you’re directing a story that big that you lose sight of it and forget just how good it’s going to be. In fact, I’ve watched the entire pilot and it turned out even better than I thought it would. However, it’s not just because of what I did but what everyone did. This was a real team effort and it continues to be.”

by Steve Eramo

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Seems very promising!

Thanks for posting the links,Moriana!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank You Morjana as always you get the best info before the anybody else much appreciated, sounds interesting now we all know what the opening scenes are going to be but where did the "Anubis’s drones" come from I thought they were all destroyed by the ancient weapon.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Thanks for that info. My local newsagent never gets them in so I'll be over to the website to order it pronto

Comment

Wow, Martin Wood directed the pilot? Cool!

Also, this confirms that Joel Goldsmith is doing the music. Yep, I'm getting even more hyped up about Atlantis... July can't come soon enough.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Am I the only one here that thinks Torri Higginson is a babe?
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Her face looks like it doesnt have any meat on it. Like shes just a skeleton covered with skin without any muscles or anything. So basically "Meh, shes alright."
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

She's magically babelicious.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  She's magically babelicious.
                  Babelicious?

LOL!

Okay, Darren, thanks for the chuckle.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X