Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of this makes sense other parts do not (spoiler Moebius part 1 and 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of this makes sense other parts do not (spoiler Moebius part 1 and 2)

I can understand jack being retire, and hammond only having 1 star, and daniel being a teacher, and kindsey being president, but why would't carter still be in the airforce, the stargate has nothing to do with her joining?

I think I remember that another user thought up a brilliant theory - Carter never travelled back to 1969, Lt. Hammond never heard the name 'Carter', never realised that the Sam Carter, his friend Jacob's daughter, was meant to join the airforce, and never talked to him about giving her a nudge in that direction.

Comment

Someone asked this before so u should check it out. Here's my theory:

The events of 1969 led Hammond to make friends with Jacob Carter once he learned Jacob had a daughter named Sam. This leads to a chain of events that somehow it indirectly causes Sam to join.

Here's a much bigger mystery: why isnt McKay allergic to citrus? In fact, he says lemon chicken is his favorite. (In 48 Hours, he said it will kill him).

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
        I think I remember that another user thought up a brilliant theory - Carter never travelled back to 1969, Lt. Hammond never heard the name 'Carter', never realised that the Sam Carter, his friend Jacob's daughter, was meant to join the airforce, and never talked to him about giving her a nudge in that direction.
        That was my theory! And u beat me to it in 2 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
          That was my theory! And u beat me to it in 2 minutes!
          At least I didn't claim it was my theory. And it really is a good one.

I only spotted the lemon chicken reference a few days ago when I watched 48 Hours again. I'm guessing it'll be one of those questions we'll never know the answer to.

Hey, maybe McKay got more work to do with Wormhole theories with the Air Force since Sam wasn't there, got paid more and with his money he payed for experimental treatment for allergy to lemon.

Comment

You need to look at "the bigger picture." The stargate being taken had other effects on the timeline. More things were changed in the past by SG-1 that just the 'gate being taken, so further changes occured. Carter is a common name, so how would Hammond have known that Jacob Carter was related to Sam Carter?
            Rocky

Comment

Here is the question I have for this time line , If the stargate was not found untill now , how did Stargate Atlantis team get to atlantis ? They should not even be there.

Comment

Ok i have not seen part 2 yet, so the questions about what happens afterwards, i can not answer, i understand the 1969 theroy, but i think the writers just had a brain fart, they were having too much fun with AT charactors they did not think of any reason, they just changed some people, and left others alone, like kindasey and hammond,hammond should be retired if you really think about hammond

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO2999
                  Here is the question I have for this time line , If the stargate was not found untill now , how did Stargate Atlantis team get to atlantis ? They should not even be there.
                  You're right, they wouldn't be there, that's why McKay was studying the puddle jumper.

The real question is what about SG1 being in the past made Ra take the stargate?

Comment

Ahhh, whilst where on this topic! What bugged me the most was the whole Ancient gene thing!

I thought that O'Neill only got the ancients gene after the first time he got stuck in that thing ... if thats true then by all rights he shouldn't have had the gene in the alternative future because he technically never had that experience cause they never went through the StarGate!

And the whole fishing thing at the end got my goat (and I want him back) because thats not OUR Sg-1, it's still not the way it was before ... it just totally confused me!
                    Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Originally posted by JonasQuinn
                      Ahhh, whilst where on this topic! What bugged me the most was the whole Ancient gene thing!

I thought that O'Neill only got the ancients gene after the first time he got stuck in that thing ... if thats true then by all rights he shouldn't have had the gene in the alternative future because he technically never had that experience cause they never went through the StarGate!

And the whole fishing thing at the end got my goat (and I want him back) because thats not OUR Sg-1, it's still not the way it was before ... it just totally confused me!
                      O'Neill always had the gene since he was born. Thats probably why his head got all the info downloaded into his brain in the first place, he managed to activate it.
                      And that fishing thing is our SG1. Jack just finally convinced them all to go fishing with him. And why not? They just defeated the replicators AND the goa'uld. They deserve a vacation!
                      Last edited by iLemon; 20 March 2005, 03:39 AM.

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Wow, I can't believe someone noticed that Hammond only had one star. You guys should be detectives.
                        They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

Although there is no clear explaination of why, Ra's decision to take th stargate clearly had many more effects than one would assume. For example, notice that Carter was working at the "Department of Aerospace." For some reason, there is no "National Aeronautics and Space Administration" (NASA). Also they made refference to the fact that Daniel's camera was more advanced than "anything commercialy available today." Perhaps the nonexistance of the stargate project throughout the twentieth century resulted in certain people making decisions in their own lives that subtely changed even the most basic aspects of the timeline.

Comment

Yea, I noticed it too, though it doesn't really make sense to me as to why Hammond had one star.

And i don't think Carter went into the Air Force because other things were probally thrown off by the Stargate not being there. Ra probally took the gate because maybe he had the chance to?

Spoiler:
                            Since the rebellion in the past seems to have failed, maybe he realized that Earth was too hard to hold anymore and he packed up and left of his own accord?

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Of course, in all rational actuality (as rational as time-travel can even be- which is nil) since there was no stargate recovery in the new timeline, then **SG-1 could'nt have gone back in time to change the past to begin with which means that they couldn't have altered the timeline which means they would've went back in time to change the past to begin with which means the could've altered the timeline which means*

*return to **
                              They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

Working...
                              X