X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to Joss Whedon - Director of Wonder Woman

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml

I found it a bit weird to read, the columnist claims to be a fan, but the whole thing is about how he lists examples on what not to do, but if he was a fan of him, wouldn't you think he would know what he would be doing?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

"Treat Your Woman Like A Man - As an icon of feminism, all Wonder Woman has ever wanted is equal opportunities. Don't pander to the Oprah crowd to get women into the theater; but don't skank her out for the "Maxim" readers, either. Ignore her gender and concentrate on making a great superhero movie."

Hail, to the wise words, Hail. I cried when I read the reviews for Catwoman and I was shocked that the crying Oscar winner had degraded herself to that. I mean, does she even read the scripts before she signs on?? CatWoman doesn't paw people, she'll kill 'em!! I was terrified of Selena Kyle when I first saw her!

Anyway, very, cool, letter. 'Nuff said.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      "Treat Your Woman Like A Man - As an icon of feminism, all Wonder Woman has ever wanted is equal opportunities. Don't pander to the Oprah crowd to get women into the theater; but don't skank her out for the "Maxim" readers, either. Ignore her gender and concentrate on making a great superhero movie."

Hail, to the wise words, Hail. I cried when I read the reviews for Catwoman and I was shocked that the crying Oscar winner had degraded herself to that. I mean, does she even read the scripts before she signs on?? CatWoman doesn't paw people, she'll kill 'em!! I was terrified of Selena Kyle when I first saw her!

Anyway, very, cool, letter. 'Nuff said.
      I do have to agree though, most of the comic book movies that revolve around the females weren't so great, but hey, Joss has experience with female heros, and was actually good at it! (Such asBuffy, and every other character he wrote for that was female)

Comment

I don't think Joss Whedon needs any advice on how to handle a female hero effectively. He's got 7+ years of experience on that front, and a lot of comic book knowlege. He's got the cred on this.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Apparantly, Warner Brothers wants Mischa Barton as Wonder Woman. Ye gods, what a dreadful choice. Get someone who actually looks a little like the character, please... and preferablly someone who looks like she might eat occasionally.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
            Apparantly, Warner Brothers wants Mischa Barton as Wonder Woman. Ye gods, what a dreadful choice. Get someone who actually looks a little like the character, please... and preferablly someone who looks like she might eat occasionally.

-IMF
            Gaaaah, you're right, how uncool. I thought they were going to go with Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Lopez. I think Sandy might be able to pull it off ... with some weight training of course.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Whedon's written one of the coolest (actually a couple) strong female characters around. I have faith in him. Mischa? No offense to her, but please, a woman with some meat not to mention curves would be nice. That's just what we need, another stick role model for women.....
              Last edited by Hex.FTB.enabled; 25 March 2005, 09:56 PM.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Gaaaah, you're right, how uncool. I thought they were going to go with Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Lopez. I think Sandy might be able to pull it off ... with some weight training of course.
                From what Joss hinted at at Wizard World, Morena Baccarin is in his mind as a serious consideration.

-IMF
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

LOl.. I'm actually not familiar with this guy - he's a writer, right? I'd hope that Wonder Woman would be kind of like Xmen ... only without Hugh Jackman and Halle as a most useless Storm. She didn't even have an accent!! What kind of Storm is that??
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                    From what Joss hinted at at Wizard World, Morena Baccarin is in his mind as a serious consideration.

-IMF
                    Might be interesting to see a different actress do it. But In my mind, Wonder Woman was always very or at least a bit masculine. Someone a guy might be a tad put off by or even scared of. I mean ... she does fling things at people.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

She didn't even have an accent!! What kind of Storm is that??
                      Haha, the samekind Tobey Maguire was as Spiderman, an overgeekified peter parker (to me that is).

Comment

LOl.. I'm actually not familiar with this guy - he's a writer, right? I'd hope that Wonder Woman would be kind of like Xmen ... only without Hugh Jackman and Halle as a most useless Storm. She didn't even have an accent!! What kind of Storm is that??
                        Did you mean who is Joss Whedon? He's the main writer and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (sigh) I miss that show, 'specially after watching the one where they blow up the school the other day. And I totally agree, Storm's accent was.......funny at best. The woman is supposed to be a kick-a** african QUEEN, not the prissy timid thing that was in the movie.
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Joss Whedon is also a writer for the X-men comic, "Astonishing X-men", which is doing quite well, and hes also the creator of Firefly, and Serenity, the movie of the show, and also Angel. He was also connected to Toy Story, Alien: Ressurection, the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie (though he left it), Titan A.E., and thats all i can think of right now.

Comment

he has been envolved with a lot of projects, but if he's at the directing reins of the film, then it'll be pretty good, as he's a good director, and he's done alot of my favourite tv programmes and films, such as Buffy and Angel, Toy Story and Titan A.E. which was okay!

Comment

He also wrote Disney's Atlantis didn't he?

Comment

Working...
                              X