This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard - The terminator

How do the asgard fight the replicators (or anyone else) on the ground? When they can't rely on their ships.
    Do they have handarms or rifles? Because Isn't it so that a replicator must be near to kill? so they must have closecombat or what?

?

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
    How do the asgard fight the replicators (or anyone else) on the ground? When they can't rely on their ships.
    Do they have handarms or rifles? Because Isn't it so that a replicator must be near to kill? so they must have closecombat or what?
    It appears they rely exclusively on their tech. No close combat at all. I think this is one reason they needed Sam's help in 'small victories'. She had a totally different combat viewpoint. Asgard seem totally helpless without their tech/ships.

BTW:cool pic, dude

Comment

Hahha, wikkid picture mate! Soooo downloading it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
        How do the asgard fight the replicators (or anyone else) on the ground?
        Kung-fu.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hehehe. That pic is so cool. Any more?
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Kung-fu.
            LOL.
            Oh yeah, I can just see it. Thor launches a lethal flying kick at an enemy, connects..............and breaks every bone in his own leg.
            sigpic

Comment

Probably use robotic combat drones for general land combat. That is, if they even bother with land combat instead of flying above and using their Hoover beam on everything below.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Hehehe. That pic is so cool. Any more?
                not yet.. I made that especially for this topic... but maybe later

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Kung-fu.
                  "Coming to a cinema near you, Bruce Lee stars in: Enter the False Gods"

yes, Bruce Lee used a sarcophagus!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                    LOL.
                    Oh yeah, I can just see it. Thor launches a lethal flying kick at an enemy, connects..............and breaks every bone in his own leg.
                    Think wizened old master.

Thor (badly dubbed): You think because I am small I am weak; but my kung fu can beat your kung fu, Apophis. Your kung fu is only so-so.
                    Apophis: Hahaha. Puny Asgard; I beat you with hurting!
                    <Thor lays the smack down, fu-style!>
                    Thor: Foolish Goa'uld; I return you your own hurting. Your strength is you weakness.

Comment

hehehe, go Thor, it's ya birthday!

Comment

LOL! If you think about it the Asgard are totally dependant on tech for pretty much everything nowadays. Everything from reproduction to fighting. How long do you think a tiny, frail,naked,sterile genius whould last in a snowstorm?
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

It really depends on how many cold-sensitive organs they have. For all we know, the Asgard could be impervious to cold, perhaps to pain as well. What matters to them is the mind; the body could be expected to be a masterwork of minimalism.

Comment

I suppose. I mean look at Thor. The guy's been tortured by Anubis, had a creepy looking gizmo stuffed into his scull, forcibly linked to a computer, and yet he still manages to concentrate on saving his buddies! Now thats focus!
                            [email protected]
                            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                            One nation under dog
                            There of which I stand alone
                            A face in the crowd
                            Unsung, against the mold
                            Without a doubt
                            Singled out
                            The only way I know

Comment

Does anybody know where i can get Asgard pictures from on the net (any websites)
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X