Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows do you enjoy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What other Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows do you enjoy?

So? Tell us about them? from the dark recessess of your past (Dr. Who, Blake's 7, UFO, Space 1999, Star Trek TOS etc etc) to the more modern stuff (Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape etc etc)

I'm a Dr. Who girl... those Cybermen still give me the creeps and the sound of a Dalek shouting "exterminate!" makes my blood run cold. But what a fab concept!
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

I was never really into Trek too much. Not the original one anyway. I got hooked on TNG but never got into any of the other spin-offs. I loved Sliders alot and of course I adore the Outer Limits. I'm a huge Angel fan and ticked as heck at the WB right now. My favorite show as a wee child were re-runs of Buck Rogers. I couldn't wait until it came on.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'm a big fan of all of these:

Trek: Next Gen, Voyager, Enterprise, a little DS9
      Poltergeist: The Legacy
      Earth: Final Conflict
      Outer Limits - 90's 00's edition
      The Twilight Zone original series (when it runs in Marathons on SciFi I cannot shut it off)

I have just started to realize a lot of the shows I like are done in Canada!

Comment

I own the complete video collection of Star Trek: TNG ( ), and I'll watch any sci-fi programme once. I loved Space, Above and Beyond. Dr Who is the first show I remember watching, and it was that show that got me hooked on sci-fi.
        sigpic

Comment

I like ST: TOS, TNG, Voyager, and (don't throw stuff at me....haha) Enterprise. DS9 had too much of a soap opera feeling to it.
          The original Twilight Zone episodes. Only one or two of that new-dead series were interesting (namely the one with Michael Shanks.)
          I dunno if this fits, but I fell in love with Quantum Leap.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Jake 2.0 is the only other sci-fi programme i watch at the moment although i like trek and wars and such.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Can't say I'm really into much other sci-fi, it just doesn't seem to have the appeal of stargate. It's only the Star Wars movies which i'm into sci-fiwise outside of stargate.

Comment

First love: Trek TOS (in reruns), first fandom: Dr. Who, still not over it: B5. Also like: Twilight Zone (TOS- love the subversive aspects in the historical context in which it was produced), Outer Limits (TOS, hit and miss with the new version).

Comment

star trek the next generation is what got me into sci-fi...it was such a quality show...everything was done so amazingly though nemesis was upsetting >.<. ds9 was also a good part of the trek franchise...but i don't know...everything else just disappoints me...
                  x-files is a good time, quality science fiction there. the outer limits...much better than the twilight zone imho...
                  My flickr photography.

Comment

I love Babylon5, it's the only Scfi-fi-show I enjoy as much as Stargate.
                    I love the story, the wars AND THE SHIPS! Such a good feeling with the Shadows and Vorlons.

I wish there would be a spin-off about the First Ones. WARS!

I enjoy FarScape, DS9, Jake 2.0, Andromeda was OK

Comment

I've seen quite a bit of Farscape, which seems really interesting. However I missed some major plotlines in the middle, so couldn't keep up. However, best.series ending.ever. Seriously. I hoped they wouldnt make any conclusion to that, but now they seem to be.

Comment

I've watched just about all SF that's been shown on British TV, but somehow couldn't get into Bablyon 5 or Lexx, and lost interest in Andromeda when Sky one started faffing about with the schedule, and found Star Cops embarrassingly bad!

When I was little the Cybermen (Dr Who) were the scariest monsters
                        Chook

Comment

When I was little I can remember tuning into Dr. Who on Saturday mornings and zoning out everything else. (The rest of my family thought I was crazy -- still do ) Then I found ST:NG and I even got my parents to watch with me.

I've seen (the new) Outter Limits eps and Twilight Zone eps and while some of them are outstanding most of them I could take or leave.

I feel about the same with X-Files (I've seen about a seasons worth of episodes)

I watched Voyager on and off but never got into it.

I watched Farscape regularly for awhile but when I moved I lost track of what was going on... then it was cancled/ended

Then I found Stargate... need I say more?
                          Last edited by bcmilco; 01 May 2004, 05:05 PM. Reason: because I forgot Farscape :)
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

My first scifi show was StarTrek:TOS which I fell in love with as a kid. Later watched ST:TNG and also some of DS9 and Voyager as well.

Then I kind of stopped watching much scifi until I happened to catch a third season episode of Stargate in syndication. I was hooked. Loved the characters. Came online to find out more about the show and heard/saw people talking about Farscape and Babylon5. I've since become a big fan of those shows, in fact Babylon 5 may be the best scifi show I've ever seen.

Also really liked Firefly which disappeared *way* too fast.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

So many shows, so little time?

StarTrek TOS, Space 1999, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, StarTrek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Earth 2, Babylon 5, Highlander, X-Files, StarTrek Voyeger (still can't believe they got rid of Kes), Roswell, Smallville, Earth Final Conflict, Andromeda, Mutant X (when I have nothing better to do), but they all pale in comparison to the wonder that is Stargate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X