This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Chevrons

When the Jack had all the ancients knowledge downloaded into his head, he dialed to the Asgards which requires 8 chevrons. He made a power supply that would have enough energy to dial 8 chevrons. But since then they've always dialed to the Asgards, how?
    They didn't know how to make the device work without the ancients knowledge.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Maybe the Asgards gave them some gate addresses that would help them reach them without having to use 8 and extra power? They might have outposts and ships orbiting other planets that have gates closer to earth and those are the places they dial to reach the asgard and communicate to them.

Comment

They can contact them through the hall of thor's might or the great hall in k'tau. Remember the ep Red Sky? They make mention later too that they go there to contact the asgards but they were too busy and had no success that time.

Comment

I’m sure the asgard gave Jack a communication device to contact them.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

8 chevrons are for the dial for other nearby galaxy's like pegasus and the othalla galaxy (home galaxy of Asgard) the 9th chevron imo is the chevron to dial the gate to the end of the known universe cause the univers is expanding an few centimeters per year but that is only speculation

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

And I'm asking where thay get the energy from to dial to Othalla. And if they were able to dial to Othalla, and still are then should be able to dial to Pegasus.

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

We dont contact them they contact us lol Sarcasm here
              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

and dont we use radio to get to em aswell. or subspace comunications or something!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Osiris
                  8 chevrons are for the dial for other nearby galaxy's like pegasus and the othalla galaxy (home galaxy of Asgard) the 9th chevron imo is the chevron to dial the gate to the end of the known universe cause the univers is expanding an few centimeters per year but that is only speculation
                  How would there be a stargate there? I wonder if the 9th Chevron will remain a mystery, like the furlings.
                  sigpic

Comment

we have never dialled the Asgards in their home galaxy without a power boost (aka Fifth Race and Point of View? ). Everytime we have tried to make contact with them since has been using an Asgard communication device and most travel has been via ship, not the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Osiris

A few centimeters? That's funny. Even if the universe is expanding at .01% of the speed of light, due to the inflationary model, that would be alot of centimeters.

300,000 km/s is the speed of light. So .01% would be 30 km/s. So 30 km/s * 365 days/year * 24 hr/day * 60 minutes/hr * 60 seconds/minute * 1000 m/km * 100 cm/m = 94,608,000,000,000 cm/year. And that would only be the 'radial' expansion, the real 'width' expansion would be twice that.

Comment

How fast does the stargate make someone travel?

Comment

How fast does the stargate make someone travel?
                          The Stargate is pretty instantaneous from our perspective. I'm sure that there is some sort of time elapsed, but considering the wormhole is out of space-time its probally insignifigant.

In the movie it takes a long time as the wormhole is "tracking" but that (speculation) is probally due to tech they were using which was innacurate.
                          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                            The Stargate is pretty instantaneous from our perspective. I'm sure that there is some sort of time elapsed, but considering the wormhole is out of space-time its probally insignifigant.

In the movie it takes a long time as the wormhole is "tracking" but that (speculation) is probally due to tech they were using which was innacurate.
                            There is, cant be sure of witch episode, but carter said that if they manage to shut off the gate after like .3 seconds or something the person/object traveling along the wormwhole would materialise in deep space, or fail to dematerialse in either case they would end up in deep space, so i think the futher away the planet the slightly longer it takes
                            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

We don't really contact them that much i didn't think they just have a habbit of whipping people up on to their ship when they want to talk Most people would come and knock on the door. But oh no, not the asguard, they have to abduct people instead... Also don't the SGC have one of those white stones that thor likes so much?
                              WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Working...
                              X